Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Homemade HL harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 2002 IMPREZA WRX WAGON
I just follow kilyung and made mine!!!!not that the first one take me half hour but the second just 15 mins. All of those can be found in autozone which boxed with blue background. I will post the part number specific item.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:43 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx wagon
someone

please post the parts number as i will attemp to make my own harness.. i am sick of my home made wires that constantly slide in and out of my headlamp plugs.. sigh
Old 06-18-2003, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 22
I answered Tobey's questions for the most part through Pms on the other site just so you weren't worried about him. I think the center pin is actually Positive 12V and the two on either side are switched ground IIRC. The center wire only recives power when the lights are turned on and the ignition is on so you don't have to worry about killing your battery when grounding the - side to the frame. I used my harness that I made to hook up my HID's and it works great. I had to ground the wire from the headlight that usually goes to the switched pin in order to keep them from switching off when I hit the high beams. Having HIDs that switch on and off alot can be really hard on the bulbs and cause them to wear out prematurely.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:46 AM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

I already bought a harness BUT I used vampire clips because it did not have the one connector on them.... What is the connector that has the white wires going from it. I see that you listed the parts there but I only need that connector. I will undo the vapire taps and hook the wire into that type of connector.

-Nigel
Old 01-27-2004, 02:22 PM

Thats the 1 - Bosch Fuel Injection repair socket (H1 connector)
The one he had to slightly modify. Motormite Part NO# 85850

Very hard to find.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 93 Legacy LSE/93 Impreza TS
HL Harnesses

I have Plug and Play harnesses available for a number of Subaru uses..

- I have PNP headlamp adapters with 3 plugs (9007, 9005 and H1), no cutting crimping soldering or grinding down of a non-OEM connector to fit. This is weather resistant, like the stock OEM connectors should be. 55USD (the H1 connectors were 17bux a piece to my door with the quantities I had to buy - 100 housings, 12000 terminals).

- Levelling switches and harnesses. I make one using the black OEM plugs and connectors onto the switch. I use a circuit adder for power, and even the ground wire is included. My 13yo girl installed it on my TS wagon in 15 mins with the headlights out. Switch included.

- Orciari levelling setup. I have wired the Orciaris to adjust level, and I make adapter harnesses that don't use vampire taps for this liight setup.

- Next on the list - UK300 harnesses and levelling setup.

Let me know by email if interested.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:37 PM

I have called every auto parts store around and they do not carry "Bosch Fuel Injection repair socket" (H1 connector). Help me pleeeeze. Kinda want to buy locally so I can install them as soon as possible. If I have to buy online, where can I find it? I am located in Olympia WA which is probally why none of the stores around here have it.

Jun
Old 03-18-2004, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 93 Legacy LSE/93 Impreza TS
Bosch FI connector

This Bosch plug doesn't plug right in.

It doesn't use the proper terminals, you have to grind to make it fit, and it's not completely weatherproof.

I offer completely weatherproof solutions for a reasonable price, considering what the connectors cost to get them here.

Quick Reply: Homemade HL harness