Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.
View Poll Results: which combo
Euro front, c-west side skirts, doluck rear
0%
Euro front, doluck side skirts, doluck rear
0%
full doluck kit
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Help me pick a body kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
Help me pick a body kit

OK here’s the deal.
I was looking for a rear bumper to go along with the front bumper and side skirts I picked out. Well I discovered the bumper I wanted was $200 shipped on its own where as the full body kit was only $320 shipped. I could easily sell of the front bumper and side skirts for over $120. Now im digging the look of the doluck kit but I still love my front bumper and side skirts, or is that front bumper and doluck side skirts....

so here are the options. On Friday my friend and I are going to put on the bits and take pics; so this is will be a vote as frequently as you want.

here are the bits side by side.
Euro bumper

Duluck bumper

c-west skirts

Old 05-16-2007, 05:10 PM

Option one;
Euro front bumper, c-west side skirts, and doluck rear bumper.

Option two;
Euro front bumper, doluck side skirts, and doluck rear bumper.

Option three;
Full doluck kit.

Here’s my rundown.
the Do luck front bumper looks too plain, it looks real stupid when you cut it to clear the FMIC, no fog lights and the fiberglass is very thin.

The doluck skirts look plain as well but I dig how they look next to the euro bumper, and they would look money blended into the body.

The c-west skirts look money, work well with the euro bumper, and needs no blending to look good.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:55 AM

well,
its a good thing no one chimmed in here because I just did my own thing as usual and this is what I decided on.
I decided that the doluck stuff was too aggressive looking.
BTW for sale now!! https://www.i-club.com/forums/new-aftermarket-car-parts-sale-98/doluck-body-kit-front-bumper-side-skirts-163296/

The rear bumper is barley hanging on in the picture (the muffler was keeping it from going in place).
We decided that the c-west skirts, euro front bumper, doluck rear bumper, and v6 sti spoiler were just what the doctor ordered!

I just cant wait to get some paint on them!!

This is definitely where I parked my car!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
good choice, now go get it painted and stop looking like a hon-duh
Old 06-10-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
good choice, now go get it painted and stop looking like a hon-duh
Sherwin Williams sucks!!
I went to see my boy Josh at best auto, he hooked me up with a pint of 2000 subaru 94h Sedona red, reducer, gallon of clear coat and hardener for $150.
I get it all home, shoot the fenders, let them cure over night drag them out to the car and they are the wrong freekin color!!!
My car has way more copper in it than the color that was mixed.

I went back and talked to josh.
He said he could have mixed it wrong, and mixed up a pint just to rule out that possibility. That pint came up the same color as the first quart.

So he suggested going to the Sherwin Williams automotive refinishing outlet (across town). I told him that I didn’t want to be a ***** about every thing but I also don’t want to eat the $150 expense. He said next time I come in he will just hook me up.
So I guess that’s not a total loss.

I get down the to SW outlet (30 miles from my house)
They said it looked like my cars color was a variant and they should be able to match it no prob. The bummer part of it was a quart of this paint was like $160 total bill with reducer (because I couldn’t use the cheap stuff) was over $200.
I get it home, spray a test chunk of sheet metal take it out to the car and it’s a match (not this was at dusk). I decided I should just spray the air foil.

Well this morning I got out and in the sun there is not enough copper in it. It is pretty much a dead-nuts ringer for the first color!!!!

Crap.

So tomorrow I am going back to the same store with the paint and the reducer and try to get my money back. If they don’t like that I will get a gallon of the cheap stuff, go back to my boys shop and get another can of primer and will just sand down the entire car, fix the dens, remove the bump rails and weld in the holes, paint the bumper and side skirts, bolt every thing together and mist a final coat of the cheap paint over the entire car, disassemble the car again and clear coat every thing.
And if I get my money back I will go down to the PPG store and get the right stuff.

God I hate Sherwin Williams
Old 06-15-2007, 07:56 PM

Well the guys at the store were nice enough to work with me
after the 3rd trip back I got sick of running back and forth, so I am calling this good enough. I painted every thing I could (did it all but the spoiler).

I am going to get some PPG stuff tomorrow to do the air foil. If that's a better match I am going to blend it into the newly painted fenders and roll with that.
should look OK.