Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Help with 05 console (turbo timer)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:24 AM

Help with 05 console (turbo timer)

I can not seem to get the front of the console to come loose in my 05. I have searched previous threads but none on the 05. And I know that it isnt the same as the previous models. If anyone has done this please help me get mine apart so I can get the alarm to come on while car is still running. Thanks in Advance.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Before you go ripping your dash apart, you might want to consider this....Turbo Timers are not really all that necessary inside an 05 Impreza. The factory did something to it (Sorry, I don't remember the exact wording) and basically a Turbo Timer is not necessary anymore. BUT, if you do want to put one in, refer to this thread...

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ht=turbo+timer
Old 01-02-2005, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the reply. The timer is already in. I just cant get to the module under the console to cut the wire there. All I need to know is what holds the console onto the bottom of the center-dash. (screws that I am not seeing or just clips) It feels as if I am putting a lot of pressure on this piece and it still will not come loose.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:44 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Oh. Sorry I couldn't be of more use. I don't use a turbo timer.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:47 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX wagon, Stock... for now
If you're talking about the center part of the console where the radio and HVAC controls are located, there are two screws at the bottom of that panel. Unscrew your shift ****, pull up on the rear portion of the shiftter boot trim, and you'll be able to pull that section down and out of the way to see the screws on the bottom of the center piece. The rest of it just prys out. There are little clips along the sides and one big clip at the top in each corner right below the vents. Just use a plastic spatula or something to pry with so you don't f'up your interior.

Good luck,
Chris