Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

the downside of a hood scoop (arachnophobia!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:54 PM

the downside of a hood scoop

In fall, spiders crawl in and hide around your engine. Then when you get out of work and drive halfway home, they come crawling into your car to scare the s**t out of you. So, you swerve around for a second freaking out, then pull over and begin to unleash the slaughter upon as many as you can. Stupid spiders...
Old 09-27-2004, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
so they crawl into your scoop, then when you're driving home they crawl into the car? do you have a hole in your firewall?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:03 PM

crawled in through the defroster area...
Old 09-27-2004, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

i'd probably rear end somebody if i had spiders start crawling out of my dash.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I've had that happen occasionally in cars w/o hoodscoops. I bet they can crawl up from the ground just as easily as through the hoodscoop.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:47 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
i found one sitting on its web in my car one morning when i was heading off to work, thankfully i saw it right after i sat down. i jumped out of the car so fast, then proceeded to kill it
Old 09-27-2004, 10:47 PM

this is true, i can't guarentee the hood scoop factor. but i have never seen so many get in any car before. i was staring at my windshield and i spotted 2 pretty large mature spiders running across. i first thought to myself, better turn on the wipers. then i realized they weren't on the outside of the windshield. i slammed on my breaks and threw on my hazards on a 2 lane highway. proceeded to run out of the car jumping up and down. then ran back into the car, grabbed my new amazing spider man issue and showed all those spiders decent literature. it was extremely freaky, for awhile i sat there with my spider guts covered comic wondering if i was hallucinating. but sad to say it was real. i am assuming since the weather is getting so cold they were looking for a warm place to hang out. but since my engine was causing their warm place to be a little more warmer than they wanted. they ran like hell into my car to say hi...
Old 09-27-2004, 10:55 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
a 4 inch cane spider was on my freakin window as i drove to my friends house. it left a whole lot of stupid web all over my car. i established dominance after chasing that sob down.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:01 PM
VIP Member

i had a big *** wolf spider on my old car once, but luckily he was on the outside and easily dispatched with a hose.

i once had a cockroach (or palmetto bug as the locals called them) in my hotel room in Tampa. that ****er was so big i could hear his wings flapping as he flew around my room. i wasted a perfectly good issue of sport compact car on that bastard.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon, 05 S4 Sedan, 05 WRX (sold)
dude. douft its the hood scoop. it gets so hot near the engine when the car is going they should be toasted spiders. so most likeley they came up through the buttom
Old 09-28-2004, 05:17 AM

Car Info: Black WRX, stock
You killed your spiders with a Spider Man comic book? Ha ha ha ha!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:24 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
How to deal with the fear of spiders.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 09-28-2004, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 02 Turbo Jetta,EVO
Originally Posted by cteve
this is true, i can't guarentee the hood scoop factor. but i have never seen so many get in any car before. i was staring at my windshield and i spotted 2 pretty large mature spiders running across. i first thought to myself, better turn on the wipers. then i realized they weren't on the outside of the windshield. i slammed on my breaks and threw on my hazards on a 2 lane highway. proceeded to run out of the car jumping up and down. then ran back into the car, grabbed my new amazing spider man issue and showed all those spiders decent literature. it was extremely freaky, for awhile i sat there with my spider guts covered comic wondering if i was hallucinating. but sad to say it was real. i am assuming since the weather is getting so cold they were looking for a warm place to hang out. but since my engine was causing their warm place to be a little more warmer than they wanted. they ran like hell into my car to say hi...
thats what i call: using your Spidey senses!!!lol
Old 09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
I found a fatty black widow living in my front passenger fender of my car. I was putting in an intake and when I pulled back the splash gaurd in my wheel well, I saw the shadow of it. I eventually flushed it into the engine bay where it was flung out. You know it is too big when you go to step on it and you can hear/feel it pop... Yuck!
Old 09-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by RSA WRX
I found a fatty black widow living in my front passenger fender of my car. I was putting in an intake and when I pulled back the splash gaurd in my wheel well, I saw the shadow of it. I eventually flushed it into the engine bay where it was flung out. You know it is too big when you go to step on it and you can hear/feel it pop... Yuck!
ohh geez.. just hearing that noise makes me shutter.

Quick Reply: the downside of a hood scoop (arachnophobia!)