Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Did you guys paint your autometer gauge pods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 05:25 PM

Did you guys paint your autometer gauge pods?

Im about to ordera triple gauge pod today and i found out it comes in black. Did you guys paint your grey?..or does it come in grey.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2004, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by hYpE-R-29
Im about to ordera triple gauge pod today and i found out it comes in black. Did you guys paint your grey?..or does it come in grey.
I've never seen the Autometer triple gauge pod offered in anything other than black plastic. Several sites state that the pod can be painted to match your interior.

You might try washing the exterior of the pod with mild soap and water to remove all traces of contaminants from handling, then allowing it to dry thoroughly before painting. You can probably find a selection of spray can colors at a hobby shop that sells plastic models. I don't have any recent experience painting plastic models so I don't know if some plastics take paint better with a primer coat of some type sprayed on first.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 10-03-2004, 09:13 AM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
in general, plastics will take paint better with primer than without. If the pod is textured like the dash, and you wanna keep that texture, don't sand, but if you don't mind if it looks smooth like the exterior of the car or other trim parts, i would recommend sanding it as part of the prep.

However if its not textured plastic but its squishy like the dash, you may have to use an interior dye or one of those interior dash paints that they sell online or at japanese auto stores.

Last edited by Seraph; 10-03-2004 at 09:20 AM.