Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

debadging subaru emblem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 06:44 AM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
We have a how to on our site. Do a quick search at www.scoobymods.com
Old 09-19-2004, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Originally Posted by cwareing
thinking of debadging subaru emblem off a 2001 Impreza RS. Will this leave holes? any suggestions with how do do it are greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Chris
Like taking the S U B A R U off the trunk? No, that will not leave any holes. Get some fishing line, and heat up the letters with a heat gun, and they pull right off using the fishing line. Use a credit card to scrape the rest of the gunk off.

Or are you talking taking off the star badge from the front grille? That is a bit trickier. Pop the hood. There should be two small squarish type hole where the grille ends. Take your keys or something, and you can push two little hooks off, and the grille comes off. The badge should come off with some heating and minor sanding.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:18 AM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
On my wifes Outback when I tried to debadge it, I found some holes under the word Legacy (this was 97 when they were still called Legacy Outbacks) It was a pain but I had to use some of the gray 3M Double sided tape to put it back. On my Forester XT there were some holes under the Forester but I put one of the AWD badges over the hole:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2039