Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Blue Rally pearl paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 03:06 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX
Blue Rally pearl paint

Today I received a minor scratches in my car that looks ugly.I reported to the car insurance but don't know if cover the damage,a deducible of $500.00, but right now I want to know the price of the paint of my car.,blue rally pearl.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 WRBlue WRX sedan
I went to the detail shop at the subaru dealership in my town, and the got rid of a lot of the minor scratches on the paint with something called "xylene" or something like that. I don't remember the name exactly. Anyway, it's some kind of paint thinner or such that you can get from sherwin williams, or probably any other hardware store. The detailer just put some xylene on a rag, and swirled it on the scratch, and it just blended everything together to get rid of the scratch. He then waited a little while, and then waxed over it, and it looked as good as new.

I just posted this exact same statement in another thread, but i felt that it would be just as appropriate in this one too.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:59 PM

Thanx .I'll try to do this in a detail shop of a friend of mine
Old 01-27-2004, 05:04 PM

Serching in the web look what I found :
http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/touchupsolid.html
any idea of how it works.
world rally blue pearl is in the list ,code 02C
Old 01-27-2004, 06:49 PM

Car Info: '02 Legacy GT - no mods
I don't know how minor your scratches are, but you could try Mothers' Scratch-X (or maybe it's from Meguiars, I forget).
Old 01-28-2004, 12:59 PM

I think that the scratches are more serious
Attached Thumbnails Blue Rally pearl paint-scratches.jpg  
Old 01-29-2004, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
I wouldn't put xylene on my car's finish. It hurts the finish. Its a strong paint thinner. Its component in gasoline.

jason
Old 01-29-2004, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 2002 Wrb WRX sedan
First of all I have heard from several people that the World Rally BLue paint is rather think and chips very easily. Some people have even recommended that I take my car back to the dealer and have them repaint it since they are supposedly aware of the thin paint.

The touch-up paint that you saw from http://www.subaruwrxparts.com is what I bought and have used. All it is (as well as the other colors that are listed) is a small amount of paints. The whole container kinda resembles an over sized bottle of nail polish with a brush inside to apply it.

I don't think that that will solve your problem for scratches since the touch-up paint will probably over fill the scratches.

I have used the touch-up paint, with positive results, to fill in chips that have grown to bare spots that have grown to the size of a quarter.

Let me know if you have anyother questions.
Todd
Old 01-29-2004, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by wrxtasy555
First of all I have heard from several people that the World Rally BLue paint is rather think and chips very easily. Some people have even recommended that I take my car back to the dealer and have them repaint it since they are supposedly aware of the thin paint.

The touch-up paint that you saw from http://www.subaruwrxparts.com is what I bought and have used. All it is (as well as the other colors that are listed) is a small amount of paints. The whole container kinda resembles an over sized bottle of nail polish with a brush inside to apply it.

I don't think that that will solve your problem for scratches since the touch-up paint will probably over fill the scratches.

I have used the touch-up paint, with positive results, to fill in chips that have grown to bare spots that have grown to the size of a quarter.
Let me know if you have anyother questions.
Todd
Yeah but now I talk with a friend of mine that have a car painter shop and he will work with the problem,after he finish other client cars , he said that is not a serious problem but only the paint that he says is the first time he heard blue rally pearl.
He don't know the estimate price of the paint