Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

AFS or Zerosport wing adapter owners...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 05:53 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
AFS or Zerosport wing adapter owners...

If you have one of the above products could you please let me know what was involved in the installation?
The reason I ask is that the AFS model which I ordered comes with no hardware or trunk gasket and I was wondering what extras were needed and of course if anyone had any tips having installed them which would make it easier for the next guy.
A search of three sights taught me that zerosports comes with hardware and some new holes need to be drilled and that's it!
Brief descriptions by those of you in the know would help out not just myself , but others wondering what's involved in this very nice modification of the stock wing.Thanks
JV
If I can't figure em out I'll just hit them with a hammer and attach them with duct tape and bailing wire
Old 10-10-2003, 11:50 PM

Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Guess it was a stupid question , huh?
Don't answer that, I already feel bad enough that no one replied the first time
Old 10-11-2003, 01:07 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
You get what you pay for.

Either a high quality ORIGINAL part that fits, works and comes with hardware and instructions.

OR

You get a knock-off that might not fit, low quality, no instructions or hardware.

Just my .2 cents.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:03 AM

I purchased the AFS because all the information I could gather showed it to be far superior in quality of construction, not because it was cheaper.Zerosports instructions are in Japanese anyways from what I found .
No big deal , I'll figure it out.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:12 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Could you post a link to the AFS's adaptors and a picture... I have never heard of them or seen them before?

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 10-12-2003, 06:50 PM

http://www.afsmotorsports.com/
This is their website , no pics of the risers here but check out the Seibon carbon kits , very nice.
I just called about an STI scoop in carbon for thet 02' , they told me $175 plus shipping an d they'll have them thby next month.If I like the quality I'll get em
Old 10-13-2003, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up Good Stuff!

Props for AFS!
Good looking risers , the only flaws I see are where the carbon overlaps and you rely need to be nit-picky for that.
As with the Zerosports , you must drill out the holes for the cables and 3rd (4th) brake light , I used a 1/2" hole bit.
These risers came WITH hardware to mount it , not "without" as I had been led to believe. The two mounting holes that go against the lid even gad gasket material, mounting to the deck was with 4 10mm bolts and washers , the nuts are fiberglassed into the risers.Use the stock bolts on the wing to attach it to the risers.
All stock gasjets/seals will match up and I found the fit to be very good and all holes matched up perfectly.
For anyone who searches this subject in the future , may this ease your mind as to purchasing AFS Motorsports' products, in particular , their wing adapters.
Customer service was great , shipping was prompt and the product was more than I expected . So far I have been able to say that about every I-club vendor I've used so far and I hope they become a registered vendor here if they are not already.
Next up the STI scoop , then maybe that CWest carbon replica body kit!
Keep dreaming, she said
Old 10-13-2003, 07:22 PM

One more quick install tip then I'll shut up...
Whenever you take your wing of , be it any kind of wing for any reason, take and run 3" blue masking tape around the entire edge area of the wing , this protects the delicate edges from inadvertent slips off of all the blankets you lay down in hopes of not scratching your paint.
Now , ask me if I did it , well I should have!Tomorrow its off to the service department for a bottle of touch up! One comforter two towels and one "AW S#$T" and now I have great ding on mah wing.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Re: Good Stuff!

Originally posted by cohlineman
...Keep dreaming, she said
Isn't Xmas right around the corner?
Old 10-14-2003, 05:51 PM

My wife is Buddist , especialy on giftgiving occasions.
I get the "contentment is enjoying what you already have..." speech!

Yes , raised a good catholic in the old country ,but adulthood changed her mind.
Me , I'm agnostic with a definitive satanic touch!

Last edited by cohlineman; 10-14-2003 at 05:54 PM.