Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

3M Paint Protection Film Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 98/05 RSTi
I got one on my white '02 WRX, seems to help alot with the mild to moderate rock strikes and definately with the bugs .... doesn't stand out at all on white .... can't say anything about other colors.

It was installed before I bought the car so I don't know how hard the install or how much the cost.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
It does stand out a bit on black, as i have it on my 04' java black sti and everytime someone sees it they get really close to the fender and say "dude thats a crazy scratch" when its actually the seam for where the clear bra meets.

While it should look fine when you first get it, i would recommend that you put some 3m scotch tape or something over all the seams when you wax, that way the wax won't accumulate on the seams.

I've tried to use toothpick/toothbrush to get the wax that i have gotten in it out of the seam area, but all that does it rough up the seam and allows for more crap to stick to it. Now i use the tape and the problem seems to have gone away, but the few bits of wax that are still left on the seams are still there.

Its good protection, it has already taken a few good hits for me. My 02' wagon without the clear bra looks like a winter wonderland up front after 1 yr because of the white primer underneath wrb, but the sti is still flawless under the clear bra after the same amount of time.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:35 PM

www.rockblocker.com

i just ordered some from there...INCREDIBLE service

I haven't installed it yet but I'll let you know how it goes...I just got a teeny bit to go under where by XM antenna is