Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

'02 sti hood scoop question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
You worry too much... even more than me Beyond there not being problems, I really wouldn't worry too much about its cooling efficiency either. Its eyecandy, not much more. (And yeah, I have an STi scoop )
I'm not distraught by my choice to go with Omori... a bit miffed because of a few customer service issues perhaps and these small quality issues are annoying.
jason
Old 12-19-2003, 04:39 PM

Car Info: .............................................................................
A proper splitter is a great way to keep the IC cool...there wouldn't be STi parts if there was no need...the USDM gets screwed with lo-power crap from assclown companies that think they know better....
The STi splitter won't fit properly with the USDM IC.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:37 PM

Car Info: .............................................................................
If it humms....it 'aint tight enough, or the seal 'aint sealed.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
To be thruthful i wouldn't stress about it too much. Eventhough you have the looks of the sti scoop you're still only getting the same amount of air the old OEM scoop provided. With a Larger STi splitter you'll utilize ALL the air the large diameter scoop has to offer. Instead of having the splitter that only goes halfway in the scoop you'll have something that hits the top inside of the STi scoop.

So i bought a cheaper splitter from Quantum racing and used the extra cash for the kick IC spayer they provide too (ask for mark).

Overall, if you're strapped for cash you don't have to worry about a thing...your car is still as i was before without the new scoop. if you have some dinero to burn then look into a new sti splitter that will accomidate the USDM IC. you'll have a little bit higher volume of colder air going through the IC but it's nothing stress about.

eric
Old 12-22-2003, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Eric,

what do you think about that ic sprayer? How perceptable of a boost is it?

jason
Old 12-22-2003, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by mmboost
Eric,

what do you think about that ic sprayer? How perceptable of a boost is it?

jason
It's definately noticeable on a hot cali day without a doubt!. I decided the OEM top IC was good enough so i decided to get the most out of it. So.. i bought Samco hoses and the IC sprayer. If you don't want the entire sprayer system just call mark like i did and create you own package. The nozzles are top grade Tjet agricultural nozzles and the pump is about 3-4 times more powerful than the windsheild washer pump. It's hands down the best IC spray kit for the wrx on the market. Plus it's a great project.

Mine is unique though. i have a spec c tank in the trunk so i ordered extra windsheild washer hose, and two extra nozzles because im running to sprayers to my tranny cooler too.

if you decide to get it be sure to PM me so i can give you some tips.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by oxtox
um...back to the scoop. all connections appear plenty tight. the seal that i no longer have is where the deflector met the scoop! The sti splitter is too big for the wrx intercooler...not sure about quantum...but when i told them (quantum) about the problem they recommended foam tape! don't get me wrong about quantum, i got the scoop from them, great painting, price and service! so far foam tape is the best answer i have?
wait a minute. what type of splitter do you have? don't tell me you have a zerosports splitter....

from what i understand all you have is a STi hoodscoop, OEM air splitter and OEM IC, right?

If to do have a zerosports air splitter it's a POS in regard to proper sealing.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by Sisqocqk
...two extra nozzles because im running to sprayers to my tranny cooler too.

Tranny cooler? PIMP! How does that work?