How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them.

My car won't start! Very strange case. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB Wagon
My car won't start! Very strange case. Please help!

So I drive a 2004 wrx wagon.

I haven't driven my in a while, I moved to San Francisco recently and my car just sit at my parent's house in Petaluma. I hadn't driven my car in about two-three weeks, but it ran after I jumped the car.

So, I came home for thanksgiving, tried to start my car. Battery was dead, so I tried to jump it. So from here, this is a list of things that I had tried and a list of things that had happened

-Jumped my car, waited 5 minutes the first time for my car to go.
-Tried to jump my car a second time, waited for 20 minutes with the jumper cables connected. Still didn't go.
- When I tried to jump it, none of the lights were turning on. It was as if there was no electricity at all. Locks weren't working.
-My friend came over and we tried to jump it one more time. This time we waited 30 minutes. After trying to charge the battery, the locks started to work and the door beeper started going when the door is opened and the key is in.
-We swapped the batteries from my car and my friend's car. Mine worked fine in his, but his didn't work in mine.

Checked all of the fuses and everything is good.

My car has a viper system installed. It was installed by the previous owner.
The viper system isn't getting any power either, I have a blue alarm light that isn't turning on either.

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by Freakinasian124; 11-20-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
more then likely your viper alarm is not unlocked and wont allow the car to start. Maybe buy a trickle charger and keep the battery on that? Also your jumping from a car or a jumper box? If by another car, Make sure that car is running also once you have the cables connected then try to start the car that needs the jump.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB Wagon
Yeah, I was jumping from another car. We left the "rescue" car on both times. I don't think that the battery is the problem since we swapped the batteries out from my car to another car and it started fine in another car. My friend's battery wasn't working in mine either. So I think that it might be something electrical.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 2012 Wrx Wagon
Try to look at the fuse box under the hood look for ignition fuse should be 25-30A has a clear view on top.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:09 AM

Car Info: 2008 subaru impreza wrx sti
more than likely sounds like a wiring problem, check to make sure you have a solid connection with your ground cable, Im almost positive thats the problem

Posted from I-club.com App for Android
Old 12-21-2012, 02:18 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB WRX
Do you by chance have the model number of your viper alarm system? Also, does your remote have any power? If so, try remote starting your car. Do you have a killswitch somewhere? I honestly don't know exactly how the viper systems work, but my guess is thst something is probably locked which as a result keeping your car from starting. Call customer service if possible, you may just need some reprogramming done to either the remote or the whole system. Good luck