How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them.

H1 HID Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:28 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
H1 HID Kit Installation

I think I truly am a nooooob now considering the fact that apparently I am having major trouble with my HID Kit installation and that it is supposed to be plug-n-play......

It also included a relay as well..

I've connected everything..I am having trouble finding where to connect the red/black wires that I am holding up in the 1st picture. In the 2nd picture, the pink wire I'm holding plugs into the end of the stock light bulb, so IDK what to do with that. Originally I thought that I would connect the positive wire (red) to that and the black wire to the ground wire that was attached to the metal part of the headlight bracket. tried that and tried plugging back the wiring harnesses from the assembly to the car but nada. I'm at a loss for words...and I dont know jack poop about electrics.

IDK if it makes sense, but I appreciate major help. I'm also taking it in to subaru to see if my friend can install it for me...I feel so stupid
Attached Thumbnails H1 HID Kit Installation-photo.jpg   H1 HID Kit Installation-photo2.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 06:56 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED.

took it in to subaru to have my tech friend help install and BOIIIIIIIII was it a b*tch to do. all in all took about 2 or 3 hours to do, not really plug and play.

for the future whoever thinks about getting a kit, request a car specific installation guide. find out what kind of guide the kit has, rather than a universal guide.

only problem is that the lights vibrate, IDK if that's normal or not...not the bulb itself, or atleast from what i can see, but if the light it reflected off a wall...
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Hmm interesting. Where did you order the kit from? I recently installed a DDM kit on my '09 and it really was plug and play. All I had to do was drill a hole for the wires to go out to the ballast. I am not sure how different it would be for a '05 though.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Yeah, I think the problem that I encountered with my kit was because it was a generic brand; I got my kit from www.tophidkits.com
Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 PM

Car Info: Sti hatch
i just did mine on my 05 and it was pretty straight forward, i somply replaced the stock plug/wires on the inside of the caps with those wires you are holding and drilled my huge hole in the headlamp assy.

all in all, i blind the sh*t out of people when my car is loaded down, and i can see about 1/2-3/4 mile further
Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 PM

it took a couple hours, had to splice the wires and **** but we got it figured out and installed.

DAMN, 1/2 - 3/4 mile? WOW. to be honest, mine only shines out about 100 feet infront of me, and that was after I adjusted the beam level so its not blinding oncoming traffic
Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sport Wagon
I have an 04 WRX wagon, all I had to do, was to drill a hole on the dust caps to feed the wires to the ballast. Yes, it can take awhile, once it's all figured out, it's not really hard, no spicing required.