Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

LF: vf39 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 02:16 AM

Car Info: 05 Subaru wrx Sti
LF: vf39 turbo

Anyone by chance has a vf39 turbo on the side they'd wouldn't mind getting rid of? Either that or I gotta take mines in to get it rebuilt. But Just trying to see what's out there first.
Thanks pls lmk.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:03 AM

Car Info: my wife crazy with buying parts
Get a rebuild. Worth it
Old 02-21-2014, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by PSBeachBum
Get a rebuild. Worth it
I'm leaning towards that way. I've seen your post on your turbo rebuild to 6starspeed. But you said you've sent your blown turbo I believe. Mines is still drivable but smokey assuming it's the turbo, would you know by any chance how much mine would cost to rebuild with shipping an all?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM

I believe all rebuilds are the same. It's just what extras you want. I got the red powder coat, gasket set and paid for paster shipping so mine ran like 580 I think. You can buy one from them outright if you can have a downed car. Or gimme till April and I'll ship you my smokey vf39 and you can send it in for rebuild. When it gets back and you install it then send me your current vf39. That way your car isn't down.

Or another option is I'll send them my smokey vf39 and you pay and it ships to you. When you get it then send me your current vf39.

I would have to trust you don't *** me over but if it helps then I'll be down
Old 02-21-2014, 08:20 AM

I believe all rebuilds are the same. It's just what extras you want. I got the red powder coat, gasket set and paid for paster shipping so mine ran like 580 I think. You can buy one from them outright if you can have a downed car. Or gimme till April and I'll ship you my smokey vf39 and you can send it in for rebuild. When it gets back and you install it then send me your current vf39. That way your car isn't down.

Or another option is I'll send them my smokey vf39 and you pay and it ships to you. When you get it then send me your current vf39.

I'm debating on what I should do, I could do it myself but I can't have my car down for too long, thanks for the help tho. But I think I've met u before I'm the newbie with the 05 sti with the new graphite grey color, I've seen you at the 2 last suby cruises we've had on Oahu, I wouldn't screw any one over I ain't like that. But how long did the whole process take you to rebuild it with the quick shipping?
Old 02-21-2014, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV

Phillip da man going out of his way to help a fellow iclubber,..
Must be getting his 2014-2015 sti or wrx,...
Old 02-21-2014, 03:52 PM

^^lol I do what I can. Maybe I'll go 2015 after deployment. I want an STi but not with the EJ

Anyways I would say it took about 3 weeks. USPS dicked me and instead of 2 day it took em 8.

Since I will be in Virginia beach, Virginia soon it will be quick for me to get them the turbo in Annandale Va. As long as the post office isn't dumb then you can get it done maybe 2 weeks. Like I said I'll send them mine and it can go to you without your car going down.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:54 PM

Ok ill pm you my number and info. But give me till the end of the month to think about it. Thanks bro.