Are you a firm believer of tap water in your cooling system?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:06 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by SUMATIC808
IDGAF. Ive seen many vehicles last as long as this with tap water. Why dont you stop being a ****in ******* and chill out. You got issues man.
says the little girl crying about it. if that's really your argument then you probably qualify for a handicapped placard. i can see that you've already got some sand in your sensitive vag so maybe you should take some tap water and wash it out before it gets worse. i doubt you've seen any cars last very long since you come across as a kid right out of highschool so please don't come at me saying you know it all. if you honestly have no clue what you're talking about then please for the good of everyone close your mouth because none of us want you stinking up the place with the crap that's coming out. i mean really, just because some hillbilly says he saw bigfoot we're all supposed to believe it exists now? yea you go ahead and keep using tap water and when your car overheats or worse i'll be happy to point and laugh at you. why don't you do yourself a favor before you respond and spend 5 minutes reading about what i posted earlier. if you really think tap water is ok after that then you should do your car a favor and sell it.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX Wagon, 06 Forester XT, 99 Legacy Sedan
Time for a Spectre brand from Autozone with a lifetime warranty.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:27 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
tap water? that's a temporary use if in a bind, period.
Always use distilled. or 60/40 distilled+AF mix.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Harry Maneuvers
Time for a Spectre brand from Autozone with a lifetime warranty.
they going to warranty the motor too? radiators are cheap and easy to replace but blowing your motor not so much.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
they going to warranty the motor too? radiators are cheap and easy to replace but blowing your motor not so much.
Oh got it.

Nevermind everyone... dont buy the autozone spectre radiator with a lifetime warranty... it only covers the radiator and not the rest of the motor.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Harry Maneuvers
Oh got it.

Nevermind everyone... dont buy the autozone spectre radiator with a lifetime warranty... it only covers the radiator and not the rest of the motor.
did you miss the point of the thread or were you just recommending this cheap pos because you can just go back and get a new one every time it breaks?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 PM

What are you wound up for? Honestly? Do you think my suggestion earlier really warranted your reaction?

Yes I was recommending that "POS" because it is fractionally less expensive then an OEM unit and will be replaced for free if the radiator fails. How many Spectre brand lifetime warranty radiators do you actually know of that have failed?

Crawl out of my ******* dude and grow up... a lot of people prefer I-Club over Nasioc because it ISNT full of people like you.

If you have something against me personally or my suggestions that are relevant to someone who might be replacing their radiator please PM me.

Last edited by Harry Maneuvers; 06-24-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:39 PM

well when you post something relevant to the point of the thread itself then maybe your suggestion is warranted. i'm not wound up but it seems like you might be though. unless i missed the post where someone asked what kind of radiator to buy, i'd say you're suggestion was useless and served no purpose. a lot of people prefer to not have to sort through misinformation given out by random geniuses who think they know something too so people like me aren't always a bad thing. if you really want to have a discussion on the pro's and con's of buying a well built aluminum radiator or a "Spectre brand lifetime warranty radiator" then you can PM me.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
04sleeper, you're being rather confrontational, if he's wrong, point it out, no need to get elitist there are two ways to tell someone they are wrong
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by w0ng3r
04sleeper, you're being rather confrontational, if he's wrong, point it out, no need to get elitist there are two ways to tell someone they are wrong
i'm sure you know as well as i do that doesn't always work.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Car Info: 06 Subaru WRX STI
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
says the little girl crying about it. if that's really your argument then you probably qualify for a handicapped placard. i can see that you've already got some sand in your sensitive vag so maybe you should take some tap water and wash it out before it gets worse. i doubt you've seen any cars last very long since you come across as a kid right out of highschool so please don't come at me saying you know it all. if you honestly have no clue what you're talking about then please for the good of everyone close your mouth because none of us want you stinking up the place with the crap that's coming out. i mean really, just because some hillbilly says he saw bigfoot we're all supposed to believe it exists now? yea you go ahead and keep using tap water and when your car overheats or worse i'll be happy to point and laugh at you. why don't you do yourself a favor before you respond and spend 5 minutes reading about what i posted earlier. if you really think tap water is ok after that then you should do your car a favor and sell it.
Says the internet tough guy.
Why do you even waste your time to try an rag on someone on forums. Seriously. Sounds to me that youre the little dirty vag thats crying about everything. Maybe YOU sgould reread my posts. Neither says that im positively 100% right nor does it say youre wrong. Have you considered being gay? I think you should consider it. You need a good ramming in the *** to get you to loosen up a bit. So why dont YOU do iclub a favor and stop talking the **** load of crap to everyone on forums then maybeyou wont come across as an *******.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:41 PM

And Thank you for your time. Peace out.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by SUMATIC808
Says the internet tough guy.
Why do you even waste your time to try an rag on someone on forums. Seriously. Sounds to me that youre the little dirty vag thats crying about everything. Maybe YOU sgould reread my posts. Neither says that im positively 100% right nor does it say youre wrong. Have you considered being gay? I think you should consider it. You need a good ramming in the *** to get you to loosen up a bit. So why dont YOU do iclub a favor and stop talking the **** load of crap to everyone on forums then maybeyou wont come across as an *******.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:31 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
<insert escalated quickly meme here>
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 PM

Lemme.add something here. Take a sheet of paper write down all your fav or preferred local shops (dealer or whatever) and take trip to all of them. Pick out their top mechanic certified or not and ask them "honestly, what type of water do you use in yours or customers vehicles?" i can garantee you majority or perhaps even all will not say distilled. And proceed to ask them how many of those vehicles returned for overheating or cooling system issues. And please take a picture of the sheet of answers and repost it on here. I can honestly say from past experience and all mechanics i have known or know to this day, use tap water, with no problems or complaints whatsoever. And if my car does overheat i give you and everyone permission to point and laugh.

Sorry for calling you names and crap but thats just my personal opinion wether you like it or not. so please do not argue with me anymore. Once again thank you for your time and peace out.

Quick Reply: Are you a firm believer of tap water in your cooling system?