you all wanna know who crashed there rex?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by gpatmac
I'm 100% caucasian and I didn't take any offense.

Although, yeah, I guess it could have been someone of any race.

Being a peckerhead knows no race, huh?

Kanaka 'e, haole = foreigner
Pat your %100 wrong

I think we had this discussion in another the post. It's not a word that's offensive it's the way the word is used that is offensive.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:21 AM

i was just wondering....what is a person suppose to do when something like this happens?? when someone is driving right next to you and trying to run you off the road...are you suppose to call the cops and say "uh.... yeah.... hello someone is trying to run me off the road" if you don't get put in hold....man there is no justice these days...i would shoot them but thats just me and where i came from...
Old 03-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Re: you all wanna know who crashed there rex?

Originally posted by yuzo
last night some stupid haole ****s decided to punk me and call me out.
This is offensive.

Here try this at home boys and girls, fill in the blank with any race type slur you want.

"last night some stupid ___________ ****s decided to punk me and call me out."

Old 03-26-2003, 01:11 AM

offensive...of course...it's supposed to be. did i mean it in a racial derogatory tone...NO. like i said i'm part cacausian but that doesnt mean i'm cutting myself down. i will hate on anyone who does that to me. it doesnt matter what race. yes i went home and i told my mom **** those _______ punks. i have friends who are caucasian. i have friends who are all races. thats not the point. no matter how you put it, i mean **** them.
and you can you can say **** the ______ (fill in the blank with anything and you will be discriminating). you can say boy/kid and that would be agism...someone did discriminate me on my age at my first job because i was only 16, working with FOB flips who were like 40's and didn't like the fact that i was working there. you could also say **** that ______ man/woman and that could be discriminating on sexism. guys get that all the time as girls stereotype them as "all men are dogs". and shall we go into fat/skinny, tall/short, etc.
so to please some of you that are politically correct, **** those homosapien punks.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:22 PM

Car Info: BRP 2000
hey sup man. thats just messed up what happend.

how come its in FH.net under a crash? http://www.forumshawaii.net/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=35770

kanaka is a slang for hawaiian. it literally means loud. some hawaiians take offence to it. some don't know the real meaning behind the word.

haole has come to mean the term white person. but really ment with out breath.. or death... hence the look of being white. which was then labled to the forein white man.

and everytime someone claims nalo. as in 'nalo boys' they don't realize that nalo is hawaiian for fly or flies. as in the bug.

hope all is well at court.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Huby
i was just wondering....what is a person suppose to do when something like this happens?? when someone is driving right next to you and trying to run you off the road...are you suppose to call the cops and say "uh.... yeah.... hello someone is trying to run me off the road"
In California, dialing 9-1-1 from a mobile phone gets you the CHP dispatcher. I've used it to report serious injury accidents that I witnessed and they respond fast. 9-1-1 is what I would key in before exceeding a hundred miles per hour on the freeway. That's how to get some innocent bystander killed because it's too hard to drive that fast, talk on the phone, and keep the bad guys in sight, all at the same time. Go to a public place like a well-lit gas station, where there might be witnesses who can get a description of your assailants and their vehicle(s).

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Hey guys...I understand this is a sensitve area and topic, but can we please try to take it down a notch? I'm not saying this isn't wrong and I'm not syaing some people's feelings were hurt, but we can relax a little...ok?
Old 03-26-2003, 09:32 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
All I've read is that you got a ticket bcuz you were running from some punks. The topic was who crashed their WRX. Did you crash or did you just get pulled over?
Old 03-26-2003, 10:44 PM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
Yuzo- that thread on Hawaii Forums.........was that about you? From what one dude was saying, it seems like he sall the whole thing.

-scu
Old 03-27-2003, 02:28 AM

Originally posted by Rexstang
All I've read is that you got a ticket bcuz you were running from some punks. The topic was who crashed their WRX. Did you crash or did you just get pulled over?
it might have appeared like i crashed from whoever was behind me because you know the turn as you pass the kapiolani blvd cutoff and the UH on ramp? well if you weren't following me close enough you wouldnt have seen me dramatically, but safe, stop just as i noticed the cops gunning me from the grass patch between the two UH onramps. yes i did stop in the far right lane and didnt bother to pull on to the grass and yes i was going fast enough where stopping that fast is gonna start some drift but i knew what my car and i could handle and no one was even close to getting hurt. so if you weren't paying close attention or a far enough distance away, it might of appeared like i was drifting right into the cops. so im pretty sure i was the one they were talking about and if not, thanks for hearing me vent.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:12 AM

Car Info: 2002 Silver WRX
Someone did actually crash. My friend is the one who handled the MVC. It was a 2003 wrx.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:02 AM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Well I'm glad you didn't total your car but the question remains, Who did? We may never know.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by hslin
Someone did actually crash. My friend is the one who handled the MVC. It was a 2003 wrx.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by chillN 2.5RS

kanaka is a slang for hawaiian. it literally means loud. some hawaiians take offence to it. some don't know the real meaning behind the word.

ummmmmm, yeah...here's the definitiion from Mary Kawena Pukui and Samuel H. Elbert's "Hawaiian Dictionary", THE Hawaiian dictionary, 1986 edition:

kanaka. 1. nvs. Human being man, person, individual, party, mankind, population; subject, as of a chief; laborer, servant, helper....... 2. n. After end of the float of a conoe. 3. n. Clitoris. 4. Also Kanada. (cap.) nvs. Canada; Canadian. Eng.

Nothing about "loud", and its definitely not slang. Personally, I had never heard of definitions 2-4, but if you were dating a girl from Vancouver you might get to play with kanaka o Kanaka.

haole is from ha ole which does mean "without breath", and refers to the fact that the white men who came to Hawaii didn't greet each other as hawaiians did, by touching foreheads and noses and inhaling deeply together, sharing the breath of life.

Just wanted to clear that up. You were right about Nalo, it does mean housefly

WillRx (haole, but not a stupid ****in' haole)

Last edited by WillRX; 03-27-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Tanks eh, Will...you is one UH student, eh? Good job on ejamacating us on da real scoops wit da Hawai'ian lenguege...

Quick Reply: you all wanna know who crashed there rex?