Winged Warrior event

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:40 PM

Winged Warrior event

These are pix from the Winged Warrior event that i competed at in Indianapolis Indiana. There were 3 events: Drag, Autox, Show. The autoX course was so big that i had to shift into 3rd and the end.

I ran a 13.6 in the drag portion which didn't net me anything and got 2nd place at AutoX in a field of 16 cars.
For the show portion....don't ask :P
Attached Thumbnails Winged Warrior event-ww2.jpg   Winged Warrior event-ww8.jpg   Winged Warrior event-ww9.jpg   Winged Warrior event-ww14.jpg   Winged Warrior event-ww15.jpg  

Last edited by Saul_Goode; 05-13-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:50 PM

Here's a link to more of the cars that were at the event. It was huge!

http://tibbett.smugmug.com/gallery/4917676_Y4ewp#P-6-12
Old 05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Man, I missed it. I wish I knew you were going, Saul.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Saul, my offer still stands, trading track time for some Zippy's...
Looking good out there.
Is that event similar to the One Lap of America series?
Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by gpatmac
Man, I missed it. I wish I knew you were going, Saul.
We have a patrick m. sighting. How's the car (yes and you too) doing?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Chris, right? It's been so long I apologize for my memory.

Things are well, thanks. Things a little shook up family-wise, but still living day to day at least. For that reason, the car has been a back-burner, though almost complete project. It runs great but the tune is only fair. I've been slowly improving it but there's a small leak at the exhaust cam gear seal so I had been reluctant to push it too hard, so when I tuned, I mainly paid attention to the lower-load areas. Lately, I've pushed it up near redline and it didn't break on me, so when I have more time I'll refine it as best I can and get it up to a dyno. I'm hoping for 350-370, but I might do a pure race-gas tune for ****s & giggles.

How's things on the island? I see that the plans for the new track are taking shape.

Howsit with you?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by gpatmac
Chris, right? It's been so long I apologize for my memory.

Things are well, thanks. Things a little shook up family-wise, but still living day to day at least. For that reason, the car has been a back-burner, though almost complete project. It runs great but the tune is only fair. I've been slowly improving it but there's a small leak at the exhaust cam gear seal so I had been reluctant to push it too hard, so when I tuned, I mainly paid attention to the lower-load areas. Lately, I've pushed it up near redline and it didn't break on me, so when I have more time I'll refine it as best I can and get it up to a dyno. I'm hoping for 350-370, but I might do a pure race-gas tune for ****s & giggles.

How's things on the island? I see that the plans for the new track are taking shape.

Howsit with you?
I'm doing good. Still have no kids, so the cars are my babies. The track is SLOWLY taking shape. I really don't know why a few people are holding up progress for all the racers. Well, I plan to make it out to a few HPDE events to work on my skills.
Things here are pretty expensive, and the fixed rail that the mayor is trying to stuff down our throat is finally getting some resistance. The superferry is still only shuttling from Honolulu to Maui.
Good to hear from you, Take Care!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by 808subaru
Saul, my offer still stands, trading track time for some Zippy's...
Looking good out there.
Is that event similar to the One Lap of America series?
It's just an event that's held once a year to raise money for a childrens hospital.
Zippy's sounds good.....
I'll be packing things up here soon and hopefully will be hittin up the California (LA area to be exact) tracks and autoX parking lots. So is there still no track back home, how's that goin?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Saul_Goode
It's just an event that's held once a year to raise money for a childrens hospital.
Zippy's sounds good.....
I'll be packing things up here soon and hopefully will be hittin up the California (LA area to be exact) tracks and autoX parking lots. So is there still no track back home, how's that goin?
None to speak of, but the "wheels are in motion" so to speak. It is such a slow process. I really don't know when if ever this thing is gonna get done.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 808subaru
I'm doing good. Still have no kids, so the cars are my babies. The track is SLOWLY taking shape. I really don't know why a few people are holding up progress for all the racers. Well, I plan to make it out to a few HPDE events to work on my skills.
Things here are pretty expensive, and the fixed rail that the mayor is trying to stuff down our throat is finally getting some resistance. The superferry is still only shuttling from Honolulu to Maui.
Good to hear from you, Take Care!
All I can say is that I can't put into words how much I miss the i-club and Oahu.