Willing to Pay - Taillight overlay install

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM

Car Info: '13 Xrunner
Willing to Pay - Taillight overlay install

I just got my bluebatmobile taillight overlays in for my '13 WRX hatch :banana: and it seems like a more tedious task than I am capable of undertaking . The attention span needed to overcome this seemingly daunting task has intimidated the crap out of me . If anyone has done it before and is willing to conquer this feet for me I am willing to pay. Just name your price a long with a place/time. If you want, it can be done at my house but it is entirely up to you.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
I would do, it..

but your in hawaii

and DIY, no matter how well its done always gets a bubble due to the curves on the taillights
Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait for them to be on, I just can't build up the mindset needed to get it done. Someone. Anyone. Please help!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Car Info: 2011 wrx
If you willing to pay check out one of the workers at als tinting they can do it.

kevin
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Loading...
If you willing to pay check out one of the workers at als tinting they can do it.

kevin
Thanks, I appreciate that! Hopefully they aren't closed tomorrow.

Oh and BTW, your alias is fricken CLASSIC!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:46 PM

Car Info: 2012 Subaru WRX Hatch
ill be getting mines done at als tomorrow in fact
Old 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Loading...

kevin
Just called Al's and set up an appointment for tomorrow morning. They quoted me $50. Thanks for the advice!
$50 is worth it to me being that the overlays were $45 so it is about the same price to have them do it as it would be if I messed up and had to buy another set.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM

Car Info: 2011 wrx
Originally Posted by the_truth

Just called Al's and set up an appointment for tomorrow morning. They quoted me $50. Thanks for the advice!
$50 is worth it to me being that the overlays were $45 so it is about the same price to have them do it as it would be if I messed up and had to buy another set.
yes its best to get things done right the first time, thats where i got mines done cheers

kevin

Sent from my iPhone using i-Club
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sooby s
ill be getting mines done at als tomorrow in fact
I just dropped off my car. Saw yours getting done while I was there. Your car is SICK!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Haha thanks! Saw urs waiting too. Im still waiting for mines and im getting anxious hahaha...

Nice to meet u man! Didnt get ur name though haha. Its been taking a little bit longer than expected haha :/

Last edited by sooby s; 11-13-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM

Car Info: 2012 Wrx SWP
Hey, thinking about doing this here also. Let me know how everything came out. Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyRex
Hey, thinking about doing this here also. Let me know how everything came out. Thanks
I honestly don't know what to think about how they came out. I mean, it is the exact look that I wanted but Al's tinting MESSED UP! The vinyl on my driver's side brake light looked to have been trimmed too much. I noticed it before I left but thought that it was just the OCD in me. But when I got home a half an hour ago, I went to look at it again and now they are coming off where it was trimmed. I honestly am pretty pissed. The guy that posted that he was having them done today too was there. I can only imagine how his came out seeing as they did his first.
On top of that, I had an appointment for 9 am and they didn't even start on it until 10:30. I'm gonna call them in the morning to see what they're planning on doing to ratify the situation. I'll keep you posted. Man of all the mods I had planned, this was the one I was looking forward to the most!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 PM

Hey man, i wont dog on them personally cause a lot of people recommended als and i mean he was a cool guy and was nice about taking so long. But i will say that mines took just about 3 hours lol...

In response, mines came the same with the top trimmed a bit. Im just gonna deal wit it. Ive tried doing this myself and it was a pita!! Thats y this is my second set and i decided to go to have someone else do it haha.

But nonetheless let us know what he does in ur response. Gl!!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyRex
If u decide to go to als, just buy the red vinyl by the sheet and he will cut it. As you see our responses, he does do some trimming even though the shape is there. He did recommend that instead of the precuts, just bring him the vinyl by the sheet.

Nonetheless besides the over trim, the quality of the work done was pretty good.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:32 PM

Hey man, i wont dog on them personally cause a lot of people recommended als and i mean he was a cool guy and was nice about taking so long. But i will say that mines took just about 3 hours lol...

In response, mines came the same with the top trimmed a bit. Im just gonna deal wit it. Ive tried doing this myself and it was a pita!! Thats y this is my second set and i decided to go to have someone else do it haha.

But nonetheless let us know what he does in ur response. Gl!!
Sorry about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing them off as a bad company just disappointed as I too tried to install my first set on my own. I think I could have done it the second time but I figured having a pro do it would just be less painful.

If u decide to go to als, just buy the red vinyl by the sheet and he will cut it. As you see our responses, he does do some trimming even though the shape is there. He did recommend that instead of the precuts, just bring him the vinyl by the sheet.

Nonetheless besides the over trim, the quality of the work done was pretty good.
Damn, I wish I would've known about he sheet deal. I bought the precut and I think that's what erked me as well. It took almost two weeks for it to come in so now I'm gonna have to wait 2 more weeks for another set AND install time.

Quick Reply: Willing to Pay - Taillight overlay install