Vivid Racing-

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Vivid Racing-

I remember a while back nearly EVERYONE had problems with Vivid Racing.
Now I see they are an I-Club vendor now.

Has anyone ordered from them recently, and how was your experience? I plan on placing a large order with them soon, and would feel safer if they improved their reputation, heck maybe they are under new ownership?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Chris, no experience with them but read alot on various suby related forums.. I say its like a 60/40 with more negative comments than positive.. But dont let that hold you back.. Jus let us know how it goes if you decide to go with them.. I know Ted had bad deals with Renick..

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/review-s...-racing-7.html
Old 03-19-2008, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Within the last 2-3 months, i ordered my APR widebody kit, C-West grille and Advan super version 2s and tires from them, had a really good experience. I wanted them to deliver it directly to the body shop, the process was kind of complicated but they helped me through it and everything arrived with 2 weeks. If it helps, the salesperson I spoke to was BJ. Hope that helps, shoots
Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
I ordered some parts with them and i made a very special request of using my personal shipping account and they were cool with it. other vendors normally wouldn't do it since they have special arrangements with other shipping carriers. they are definitely better than renick motorsports, although i visited their shop in fullerton, ca the last time i was there...hahah.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
this is a good thing - perhaps they have realized that customer service can make or break you in this business
Old 03-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
imo fineline imports!!! wayne and ryan are cool as hell and verry helpfull!! finelineimports.net if you decide to go another route!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by cannibal869
this is a good thing - perhaps they have realized that customer service can make or break you in this business
Speaking of customer service....
Awhile back, I was trying to find a new place to deal with (this was before i found out about Vivid). I heard good things about Import Image so I tried them, but when I talked to the guy on the phone and through AIM, he seemed kinda shady, and my parts took like forever to arrive, like a month. I called him two weeks and he said he never even got the shipment from Tein yet, etcetc he just kept making up excuses. This could just be me but I'm not dealing with that place again.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:34 PM

Car Info: WRX SUBARU 06
i just recently order...RA gearset..and came within 4days....
Old 03-20-2008, 03:58 PM

Just don't let them work on your car, its like having the mechanic from dukes of hazard work on your ride. Pretty janky work.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Be careful...

Here is my experience with them...

They were (at least then) quick to say that something was in stock and that it would ship out that day! They were also quick to process your credit card...

A month and a half after they "had" it in stock, I received my exhaust shipped slow boat (I paid for 2-Day UPS). I called them over 12 times during this time...very frustrating and I believe they ran out of lies to tell me...If they were straight with me, things would have been ok...

This was 3.5 years ago...

I believe that if they truly have it in stock, that service would be as any other company would provide...I'm not convinced that the lying has ended...

Be careful...
Old 03-20-2008, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
^^^^^and like i said i know for a fact fineline imports will treat you with dignity and respect as they do appriciate (sp?) your business no matter where your located...if they dont have what you want in stock theyll get it for you in a timely manor and have it shipped to you right away!! ive dealt with them twice and almost would rather go through them than anyone locally just because the way i was dealt with was perfection
Old 03-20-2008, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Well normally i would use someone else, but i am not ordering parts for a subaru this time, and the number of authorized sellers for GT spec toyota parts are so far only Vivid Racing, this is out of 25 "authorized" sellers that i have checked on so far.
I wonder if i can contact GT spec directly?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
^^Worth a try...

but, when I tried to order my exhaust (B&B) by contacting Billy Boat Racing...they referred me back to Vivid...so I was back to square 1...I had no choice but to order from Vivid if I wanted that catback...
Old 03-20-2008, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 08 Evo X
I ordered a front strut bar from them a while ago and got a military discount and service was great, talked directly to Matt I guess (vividmatt on AIM), and got the part in like a week.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Island Style
but, when I tried to order my exhaust (B&B) by contacting Billy Boat Racing...they referred me back to Vivid...so I was back to square 1...I had no choice but to order from Vivid if I wanted that catback...
Vivid Racing has probably changed their customer service tremendously for the better since you dealt with them

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing-