TNT Tinting screwed up my car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 PM

TNT Tinting screwed up my car.

I went to TNT because I had a gift certificate for up to $300. I figured my could have used a new tint job since the on there was almost 7 years old. Well when I get my car back and try to reverse out of the stall, no reverse

I try again and get 1st instead. I keep trying and just get 1st. After about 7-8 tries I finally get reverse. I go inside and ask if they did anything to shifter, of course they said no. I ask if they went on a joyride or something. Of course they said no. I'm thinking to myself, they probably just threw the shifter alignment off and I can just adjust it when I get home( you need to push down on the shifter to engage reverse, they might have thought it was one that you pull to the left to get reverse and pull it over too hard, or so I was thinking).

So I get home and check the shifter out. Didn't notice anything at first so I try messing with the alignment to see if that fixes the problem...doesn't work. I say screw it and decide to pull the whole shifter assembly out. What do I discover? That they broke the shifter right below the pivot point! Right at an aluminum piece that connects to the linkage. How the **** does that happen. check out the pics below.

I called TNT and tell them about the situation and of course they say that they didn't do anything to cause this failure. I'm thinking BS and take the broken shifter down there to show them. Of course when I get there they deny everything. Actually they blame me and suggest that I'm there trying to rip them off and get a free part. OF course this pisses me off to no end. I end up leaving the place, but promised the General Manager there that they would hear from me again, probably after I get legal counsel.

I went home and installed a UUC shortshifter I had and that kind fixed the problem. But if I'm not careful I still get 1st gear instead of reverse. This leads me to believe that they shift linkage is screwed too. I have a strong feeling that they took my car for a joy ride and broke the shifter slamming gears.

Also I didn't notice till later that they ****ed the rear seat belts too. One is fully extended and won't retract the other is stuck and won't extend. The seatbelt that was fully pulled out, they put the slack behind the rear seats to hide that the belt was broken. Also looks like they removed the rear deck/dash to get to some parts of my rear windows and that was not put back on properly.

Overall very disappointing experience and the fact that they general manager basically called me a liar and that I’m trying to get free parts from them really pissed me off. I’m going to pursue this as far as possible and make sure that they fix what they broke. Also at the same time inform as many people as possible about my experience at TNT tinting.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2002 Legacy GT Wagon
Wow. That's crazy. Kind of reminds me of the business practices at places like Stoneridge.. Hope you get this resolved man.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:19 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
make them pay!! I hate people that are like that and won't man up and admit that they got caught. bring your lawyer there and slap them with a lawsuit

Jon
Old 06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
FTW!!! What kind of rides does this dudes own?? Guess they realize the subie is the only way to go and not with those other ricey rides!!LOL But on a serious note, that is some messed up $H*+ and wanna say thanks for the info..I was going to tint my car there before but decided to go to ALs tinting because thats one of my good friends high school friend or something to that nature..I dont care as long as they did a good job and I came out satisfied!!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 PM

Raudi drives an S4 not a Suby
Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
make them pay for it if n ot sue them
Old 06-28-2007, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
That's messed up...didn't we have something on here a while ago about a Tint Shop owner doing something messed up and driving off in his company truck with the big company logo on it?

Was it TNT?

Anyways...-1,000,000,000 for them.

I used to take cars ONLY to the place that was part of Auto Audio.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
I know this may sound obvious...

but was the mileage written down before the car was worked on?

I know, I've been rear ended 3 times and each time I've had to take my car in to the body shop, I was sure to mention that I would be watching the odometer readings for any excess mileage as well as mentioning the "NO JOYRIDE" message...not to say any one shop is irresponsible...just to stop the temptation...

I also flashed my eCU with my Cobb AP for valet mode...so if a person tries to take a joyride...the engine stumbles past 2500 RPM's...guess I will be flashing my ECU more often now....
Old 06-28-2007, 04:03 PM

I've done that before with my AP when I had it and I felt more secure leaving the car. I did however get a shop tell me I think something is wrong with your car since I cannot go above 3k...

I smiled and said it's my alarm system... It knows when I'm in the car

Jon
Old 06-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Car Info: None.
Wow. Two forums? Why not take it up with the management. If that doesn't work, call the Better Business Bureau.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3311670
Old 06-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Latka
Wow. Two forums? Why not take it up with the management. If that doesn't work, call the Better Business Bureau.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3311670
I've already taken it up with the management at the location this happened. I will soon be writing to the owner. Also I posted this on multiple forums as a warning to others that might consider doing business there.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
hmmm...

That must have been quite amusing....

Originally Posted by iNfEk
I've done that before with my AP when I had it and I felt more secure leaving the car. I did however get a shop tell me I think something is wrong with your car since I cannot go above 3k...

I smiled and said it's my alarm system... It knows when I'm in the car

Jon
Old 06-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Doesn't KHON still have that business watch thing or complaint line?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Car Info: Storme..
****ed up!!!

i'm never going to places like that..

Reggies tinting in Kaneohe as recommended by gdogg!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:10 PM

Car Info: None.
You know what sucks? We've had 6 cars over about 5 years tinted at the same exact place and never had a problem.

Go talk to the management. Talking to the yahoos on i-Club won't get the problem solved!

Quick Reply: TNT Tinting screwed up my car.