Stay away from IHOP waikiki!!! (long read)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Angry Stay away from IHOP waikiki!!! (long read)

Ok well i never ever ate at an IHOP in my life, and my wife always told me how great this place is. So last night my friends and my wife and kids and I went to check out IHOP's in waikiki. We get there at 9:20pm. wait for 10mins to get seated when there was really no one in there. We order about 10min later so this makes it 9:30pm.

Now with no one really in there another couple comes in and orders and gets there food before us at about 9:50pm. We finally get our food at 10:20pm. We were all already pissed off.

Now my friends all get there food. and one one of my friends asked for spam instead of sausage links. tho when she got her food the replaced all her meats with spam instead! she was pissed but dealt with it cause she didn't want to wait that long for them to fix her order. Her husband also asked to sub spam for his bacon. they got that right but there's a catch to that. i'll write about that at the end.

My other friend get his pancakes and the inside isn't cooked.

so my son get his food and theres nothing wrong with it. my other son get his food and its good also. my wife get's her food but not her pancakes. the lady said it will be right out. Now where's my food? OK so about 10mins after that my wife gets her pancakes that are so dry and they rip in half when she picked one up to spread the butter. Still no food for me. this is 10:30pm now.

So now i just eat my 2yr olds food since he don't want it. about 10mins later at 10:40pm the lady realizes she didn't order my food and asked me if she brought it out. i said no and n/m i don't want it already. she said she forgot to tell the chef/manager(same guy) to cook it. tho she asked if i wanted a refill of my drink which was empty for about an hour now. tho she didn't re fill anyone else's except for one of my friends. which there were a total of 7drinks on our table. (and thats all the refills we got the whole night)

my 2yr old dropped his milk onto the floor we took all of our napkins to try to clean it up but when the waiter seen it and walked by us like uhh you clean it. and didn't even bother to get us more napkins or a rag to clean up the milk off the carpet we said **** it let it sink into the carpet!

now were at the bill. we finished eating at 10:45pm and wasked for our bill at that time. didn't get it till 10:53pm

now my friend that got spam instead of bacon they charged him $2.xx for it. he was like why am i getting charged this. she said b/c spam is more expensive. he said well if i would of know that when i ordered it i would of kept the bacon.

So at 11:00pm is when they actually took our money to pay for these ****ty meals. they did not receive a penny from any of us.

That was the worse place i have ever ate at. i mean they ruind the whole hype of IHOP for me.

sorry i had to vent!!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
We had a bad experience up here in Cincy with IHOP.

We went in and apparently, all the cooks called off...so the 1 manager and 1 assistant manager were in there cooking.

After about an hour we ended up leaving before even getting our food.

For some reason, they don't put a lot of money or thought into having good staff at their restaurants. I think IHOP is going downhill fast.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
Sucks to hear that from you ****. Good you never paid for your food. I'm glad I haven't eaten there yet I'm gonna stick with Denny's.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 49_STi
Sucks to hear that from you ****. Good you never paid for your food. I'm glad I haven't eaten there yet I'm gonna stick with Denny's.
koa pancake house for me
Old 04-01-2007, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 2007 Satin White Pearl STi
yea dude i thought i was the only on with an extremely horrible experience from IHOP
Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
Damn, couple weeks ago me and my friend went to the ihop in windward mall, we got seated and that was that. No water nothing. We waited like 20 mins, messed up the table and left. Ba das not good, Bastads.....
Old 04-01-2007, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
wow man, we've had experiences like that at Denny's. Basically, you get what you pay for (small portions and bad service that is)
Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by MBasile
wow man, we've had experiences like that at Denny's. Basically, you get what you pay for (small portions and bad service that is)
ha most of the food was between 7-15bucks for an item.. i could have ate better at Macdonald's then IHOP
Old 04-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI, Grey
Comment Box

http://www.ihop.com/index.php?option...id=35&Itemid=5

Write to the company and address it to the board members, I have done this a couple of times with Chili's resturant and then I got a couple of free coupons back from the company.

Try to find the public relations. Sorry you had such a bad time.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:51 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
koa pancake house for me
Yups........I love Koa Pancake House. I've only eaten @ IHOP is the mainland, and I guess I waS lucky and had a pretty decent experience. The food was good, and luckily, didn't have to wait too long. I come from restaurant background, and hate hearing about experiences like this. My future mother and sister in law went to IHOP @ Windward Mall this morning........I wonder how it went???
Old 04-02-2007, 01:53 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
i thought you were gonna complain about the parking structure...that one was a b!tch...

i went there once before, and the wait was pretty ridiculous also, but they had thier all-you-can-eat pancake special, so it was understandable...
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by poser
i thought you were gonna complain about the parking structure...that one was a b!tch...

i went there once before, and the wait was pretty ridiculous also, but they had thier all-you-can-eat pancake special, so it was understandable...
we parked by nike town. only 3 bucks with a validation
Old 04-02-2007, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
I never ate @ IHOP in Hawaii but i have eaten at several of them around the area where i grew up. Never had a problem and the food was good. Guess its a region thing. I agree that Koa Pancake House is the shiznit thou!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Zippy's Mushroom & Cheese Omelette with Rice...everything else is secondary :banana:

That's what I'm missing right now.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:20 AM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
No Zippy's in CA and its killing me. I want a dang Zip Pack or some chili!!! ARG!!!

Quick Reply: Stay away from IHOP waikiki!!! (long read)