i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Speeding Ticket (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/speeding-ticket-188234/)

Haole-Pino 07-17-2008 08:07 PM

Speeding Ticket

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, I need your help fellas. I was traveling down Kamehameha Hwy passing pearlridge last night, As I approached the Mitsubishi dealership, there was a bunch of cops waiting. The posted speed limit is 35MPH, but I guess when people see a cop, they tend to slow down much more slower than needed, everyone was doing 20 MPH but I keep my 35MPH pase, I had to switch lanes to avoid these slower cars. To the officer, I guess it looked like I was speeding because I going faster than the flow of traffic.

I was pulled over, and given a speeding ticket. Here's what the ticket said:

IMO, it the most unfinish speeding ticket I've ever seen... So many areas were left blank.

[ATTACH]161806[/ATTACH]

My question is, Do I have a case? and what should I say....BTW, this is my first speeding ticket which looks good on my part. Help....

04sleeper 07-17-2008 08:12 PM

it looks like from the ticket you were going too slow. it doesn't say you were exceeding the limit, is says speed restrictions under the limit. i'd say if thats what it looks like you def have a case and that one will get thrown out for sure

eRicaSWGN 07-17-2008 08:13 PM

uh.... does it even say what speed you were going??
This is not my field but if I were you I would def go to court....

to me it looks like they are trying to get you for "not going with the flow of traffic" so you were going the correct speed limit but not for the current flow of traffic, you were going too fast compared to the other cars and therefore creating a danger.

I think this depends what judge you get and the cops reputation since it is his word against yours.
Also, although you have no speeding record they may get mean and bring up your accident record if you have one.

desmundo 07-17-2008 08:18 PM

fight it....you have a good chance of getting off

UnpimpeD 07-17-2008 08:32 PM

I am going to agree with Erica on this one, but like you said there is so little information on the ticket it is hard to tell.
What EXACTLY did the cop say to you?

Haole-Pino 07-17-2008 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=eRicaSWGN;2260743]uh.... does it even say what speed you were going??
This is not my field but if I were you I would def go to court....

to me it looks like they are trying to get you for "not going with the flow of traffic" so you were going the correct speed limit but not for the current flow of traffic, you were going too fast compared to the other cars and therefore creating a danger.

I think this depends what judge you get and the cops reputation since it is his word against yours.
Also, although you have no speeding record they may get mean and bring up your accident record if you have one.[/QUOTE]

Yep, he didn't even write the speed I was going....I was like um...OK. I already mailed my request for a trial. I should get a letter within 2 weeks or so. Even though I have a accident record, no tickets were given in any of them....FIGHT THE POWER!!!

Haole-Pino 07-17-2008 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=UnpimpeD;2260752]I am going to agree with Erica on this one, but like you said there is so little information on the ticket it is hard to tell.
What EXACTLY did the cop say to you?[/QUOTE]

The cop said nothing!! Only "Licence, Registration, Proof of Insurence please" and when he came back he said "Be careful" WTF?!

UnpimpeD 07-17-2008 08:42 PM

like Erica said it is going to be his word against yours, They are going to say you were creating a danger to the drivers around you.. you need to prove otherwise. I think It really depends on the judge and the reputation of the officer.
I know this is far fetched but your best bet is to try to find someone who has received a similar ticket and see how they fought it.

and remember since the ticket is so sparse this is our best guess as to what it is about. So prep yourself for other interpretations such as 04sleepers.

c-ron808 07-17-2008 08:56 PM

yeah dave, "speed restrictions under certain conditions." what the hell is that? speed limit signs tell you how fast you can go, there's no fine print on the bottom. and in that area, there's no minimum speed limit. how can you get cited for possibly breaking a law? and if there's no speed written on the ticket? whattt?! the cop basically left it up to you to tell the story, which is you didn't do anything wrong. GL if you go to court. duck soup.

UnpimpeD 07-17-2008 09:10 PM

Not trying to be a smart A
but legally even if the speed limit is 60 and everyone is going 20 you are at fault for creating a danger to other drivers if you are trying to go 60.

Its the "flow of traffic" rule and is totally subjective based on an officers observation.
Since it is subjective it should be easy to fight.

Irish_car_B0mb 07-17-2008 09:10 PM

umm it doesnt even say the speed you were going?

it doesnt have a citation number. he might of been being nice to warn you.

Without a citation number how will court even reference the ticket.

i know i am up here in cali but my wife used to work for the court system.

Your ticket alos doesnt say how you were found to be speeding and it says sped restrictions under certain conditions.

It has no "conditions" written on there except that it was medium traffic. other than that it was dry clear and apparently dark.

There is a minimum unsaid speed limit. and its only if you were impeading traffic. which if you were going the speed limit and everyone one was going slower you werent impeading anyone.

There is no reprt number. NOt that i would do it but if you didnt go to court i dont think a damn thing would happen.. i mean hell it doesnt even tell you were to go. hope that i said somethign that helped. good luck

rvenosa 07-17-2008 09:14 PM

Maybe it's a warning???

Very confusing...

UnpimpeD 07-17-2008 09:24 PM

it has a monetary amount due though, i think it is an actual ticket. just a real cbad one that should be thrown out.

lol, i want to print this out and hang it in our office.

Haole-Pino 07-17-2008 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=Irish_car_B0mb;2260779]umm it doesnt even say the speed you were going?

it doesnt have a citation number. he might of been being nice to warn you.

Without a citation number how will court even reference the ticket.

i know i am up here in cali but my wife used to work for the court system.

Your ticket alos doesnt say how you were found to be speeding and it says sped restrictions under certain conditions.

It has no "conditions" written on there except that it was medium traffic. other than that it was dry clear and apparently dark.

There is a minimum unsaid speed limit. and its only if you were impeading traffic. which if you were going the speed limit and everyone one was going slower you werent impeading anyone.

There is no reprt number. NOt that i would do it but if you didnt go to court i dont think a damn thing would happen.. i mean hell it doesnt even tell you were to go. hope that i said somethign that helped. good luck[/QUOTE]

Theres a citation number, I just didn't post it...my bad

Irish_car_B0mb 07-17-2008 09:26 PM

ahhhhh. i see