Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 05:20 AM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX Hatch
Skyline vs. GTi @ HRP (video)

To those who never saw it yet...

http://media.putfile.com/skyline41

GTi - 12.2
GTR - 12.7

everyone on forumshawaii was dissing the skyline, but I think he ran great considering it was his very first time.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
cause that's how forumshawaii is...i guess that was his first time so yeah....i wonder if he's use to the shifting yet?
Old 11-24-2005, 09:50 AM

Car Info: s2
forumshawaii is very entertaining tho, gotta admit that....but hey im pretty sure the vw has alot more done to the motor than the skyline, plus im sure the guy that owns it is broke *** after makin the skyline US legal right? which prob makes it difficult to buy some real big horsepower parts, (switch to monster single turbo)...but im sure when this guy starts to build the motor a little more, vw wouldnt be in sight no more

*but must give that vw props, power to the 4cylinder nation!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
is this a recent video? if so according to one of my boys that skyline is still stock. 12.7 in a stock skyline? hmm? 12.2 in a modded gti? i think the skyline is running where it is supposed to be. now dump the same cash into the skyline that the gti just did and we have a new ball game. either way its about what kind of money you can dump into a car.....not the kind of car you drive....take that 6 or 7 second saturn, who thought a saturn could turn those numbers.....
Old 11-24-2005, 10:56 AM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
I agree with you guys, if he had the cash to put into that car that the VW had he would have blown him away. I saw that VW run a few times he obviously knows what he's doing, and for it being the Skylines first time I think he did well.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:49 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
is this a recent video? if so according to one of my boys that skyline is still stock. 12.7 in a stock skyline? hmm? 12.2 in a modded gti? i think the skyline is running where it is supposed to be. now dump the same cash into the skyline that the gti just did and we have a new ball game. either way its about what kind of money you can dump into a car.....not the kind of car you drive....take that 6 or 7 second saturn, who thought a saturn could turn those numbers.....
does someone have vid of the 6-7 sec.saturn??
Old 11-24-2005, 12:10 PM

Car Info: subaru
From what I remember, there isn't that much to make it legal here. When I wanted to ship an FTO here, I was told by the shipping company that pretty much the only vehicles that were easily importable (that's a word, right?) were the skylines. MotoRex takes care of pretty much everything. Sure it costs money, but if you have the money to get one in the first place, importing it isn't much. Also, I remember seeing on Best Motoring International (I don't know if it's a good source or not) the stock STI and Evo did better than the stock skyline.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by STi-LLlegal
To those who never saw it yet...

http://media.putfile.com/skyline41

GTi - 12.2
GTR - 12.7

everyone on forumshawaii was dissing the skyline, but I think he ran great considering it was his very first time.

skyline been there b4, it was not his 1st time....thumbs up for the gti...

Last edited by thunder_sti; 11-24-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by YamazakiSubaru
From what I remember, there isn't that much to make it legal here. When I wanted to ship an FTO here, I was told by the shipping company that pretty much the only vehicles that were easily importable (that's a word, right?) were the skylines. MotoRex takes care of pretty much everything. Sure it costs money, but if you have the money to get one in the first place, importing it isn't much. Also, I remember seeing on Best Motoring International (I don't know if it's a good source or not) the stock STI and Evo did better than the stock skyline.
MotoRex has been in much trouble for a while due to the inability to keep up w/customer demand and falling into a lot of debt. RBMotoring in CA also imports Skylines as well as many other JDM goodies (motors, etc.). A friend of mine used to work there. And shared a lot of knowledge w/me about the importing of Skylines.

Basically, all Skylines imported are used and more often than not, modified. When it gets to the US, the importing company basically converts it back to stock and makes a few changes to make it safe for US roads. This may/may not include reinforcements in the doors, etc. All the modifications cost extra money and time(and a lot more at that as the aftermarket for a Skyline stateside is pretty small).

R34 GT-R V-Specs are in no way cheap, especially for what you get. Even R32s will cost more than a brand new STi or EVO.

However, you can't deny the tuning potential of the RB26DETT. Like a Supra though, they're too heavy to make it as nimble as something like an STI, EVO, or those evil Miatas,S2Ks, Minis, etc. I think I could drive my Forester around an AutoX course faster than I could a Skyline or a Supra.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by thunder_sti
skyline been there b4, it was not his 1st time....thumbs up for the gti...
oh yeah that's right...
Old 11-24-2005, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
I say thumb ups to the Stock Skyline! against a heavily modified VW GTi...
Old 11-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Originally Posted by Tiare
I say thumb ups to the Stock Skyline! against a heavily modified VW GTi...

Its not stock.... Thats the guy from HAFB.....
Old 11-24-2005, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI, Grey
Well it goes to show, not all cars are bigger than their names.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by YamazakiSubaru
Why would you want an FTO?
Old 11-24-2005, 03:46 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
that looks like my fren arvy w the gti he runs those times...crazy ish

Quick Reply: Skyline vs. GTi @ HRP (video)