Servco Mod Friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 AM

Car Info: 07 LGT
Servco Mod Friendly?

Hey guys I think I am having some wheel bearing issues and I am taking my car in to Servco to have them diagnose possibly fix any issues. Just wondering if any of you guys have had experience with them and if I should put my stock rims back on before taking it in or if they are somewhat mod friendly. Thanks for any and all input.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Xen

Car Info: DDP
just put the stocks back on regardless, that way if they were to curb a rim or something its not a big deal.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by GetShacked
Hey guys I think I am having some wheel bearing issues and I am taking my car in to Servco to have them diagnose possibly fix any issues. Just wondering if any of you guys have had experience with them and if I should put my stock rims back on before taking it in or if they are somewhat mod friendly. Thanks for any and all input.
Ur "rims" may actually be the whole problem on why ur wheels "may" have given u a bad bearing. Now changing ur parts out to get a company to pay for ur decisions isn't right IMHO. But that's up to u. Subaru only covers stock parts. Remember u gotta pay to play.

I don't know what they will say but the choice is yours. Also what size and offset are u running?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:41 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
07LGT is probably past the warranty period no? if you are just taking it in to get looked at then it shouldn't matter if you leave your rims on or not but just remember that another person will be driving your car and bad things do happen.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI, 2009 XT
The Subaru dealership is pretty good don't think they will ruin a rim lol. If you never had them work on your car don't put your 2 cents in or start rumors of damage. Even if you get your post count up your still a noob just stfu please
Old 01-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI, 2009 XT
Curb master lmao
Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
I LOL'd @ this thread
Old 01-05-2011, 02:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
Ur "rims" may actually be the whole problem on why ur wheels "may" have given u a bad bearing. Now changing ur parts out to get a company to pay for ur decisions isn't right IMHO. But that's up to u. Subaru only covers stock parts. Remember u gotta pay to play.

I don't know what they will say but the choice is yours. Also what size and offset are u running?
to caveat....and straight to the point!

don't go modding your car and expecting Subaru to warranty it if something breaks or prematurely wears out.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
i thought that the lgt had a wheel bearing recall for the rear bearings at least? At least the 05 that I had there was an issue with the matter and is documented on legacygt.com,..Not sure if the problem was fixed for >05s though,...Id put the oem wheels back on as well,..Warranty is for 60k miles though right?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...=wheel+bearing

Last edited by abakja1; 01-05-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by abakja1
i thought that the lgt had a wheel bearing recall for the rear bearings at least? At least the 05 that I had there was an issue with the matter and is documented on legacygt.com,..Not sure if the problem was fixed for >05s though,...Id put the oem wheels back on as well,..Warranty is for 60k miles though right?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...=wheel+bearing
If under recall then subaru has to change it. he should find this out tho. if not under recall aftermarket parts will void that part of the warranty esp if its a aggresive set up.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Car Info: Loading...
I read his post carefully and I don't think he is asking if Subaru would fix his problem under warranty. He's asking if Servco would perform any out of pocket repairs to his car despite the modifications.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 07 LGT
Originally Posted by enzo350
I read his post carefully and I don't think he is asking if Subaru would fix his problem under warranty. He's asking if Servco would perform any out of pocket repairs to his car despite the modifications.
This was my original question if they work on cars that have been modded. I just wanted them to diagnose and give me price for what the problem is. Didnt realize I had an extended warranty until I got to the dealership, which is now useless because of my "rims" and springs. My fault I accept that, forgot I even had it. Noise was there before I put the new wheels on the car, a soft wah wah hum only at <40mph and only when I turn left, gets louder the harder I turn. Servco was unable to diagnose my problem and charged me a diagnostic fee to tell me my tires are making the noise. Im not a mechanic but I am not an idiot everything I have read is pointing to a wheel bearing and for the dealership not to be able to tell me what is wrong makes me wonder?

Sorry for being a newb...?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
If under recall then subaru has to change it. he should find this out tho. if not under recall aftermarket parts will void that part of the warranty esp if its a aggresive set up.
I kinda recall receiving a TSB or letter in the mail about the wheel bearing. Legacygt.com has a lot of members with bearing problems posted as well. and Servco replaced mine under warrranty even with my aftermarket rims I left on my car.

I think in the long run, Subaru probably would like to fix this cheap part and save lives rather than have a wheel fly off.. I dont think that it would bode well with Subaru making the excuse stating the problems stems from putting larger rims and tires as the main cause for bearing problems since it seems to be a problem in other model years.

Also, we live on an island so Servco Subaru is all we got for dealership repair. They are not even part of Subaru of America which makes it more difficult getting warranty work done as it is up to their assessment. Ive had great parts service with Rick and more than adequate repair done (key reprogramming for a friend's car, wheel bearing replaced, fuel injector recall, fan relay recall). But basically, IMO we are at the mercy of the dealership and mostly look forward to either fixing problems myself or finding help here on the forums.

Last edited by abakja1; 01-05-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:43 AM

just looked up the wheel bearing extenstion. it is only for the 05-06 years and only for the rear.

Getshacked: Service talked to you about looking into your noise again when you come back for your radio replacement when you left here the other day.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:11 PM

Car Info: '05 Legacy GT Wagon "Bro Tuned"
I never got the notice, and i make 60k today. I was just in there yesterday talking to rick

Quick Reply: Servco Mod Friendly?