saftey inspection HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 07 limited
Unhappy saftey inspection HELP!!!

Hey guys I am in need of help...

I tried to get my car to pass the saftey inspection today and they told me that it would not pass without a paper stating that the modifications done to the car would not effect it on the road. Which we all know it will not.

They said that my 18in rims, aftermarket exhaust, and clear side markers are the reason. They also said that the little turboXS sticker on the bottom of the back of the window has to go.

They also would not pass my girls car because she has tint on the tiny little back window of her eclipse that is to dark...

I see a ton of cars out there that have way more things done to there cars and you can't even see in the windows at all...

Anyone know of anyone that can help me out? I can by you a case of beer for the your trouble... I really don't have the time to run all over the place to get all of the paper work. I drove this car in PA all the time and we had Smog inspections... it passed there. I just need any kinda help I can get...

OR at least some advice on how to get this done as painless as possible. I have already taken 2, 1/2 days off of work and they are getting kinda pissed about it.

Thanks foe the help in advance....
Old 09-16-2004, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
You could throw your stock wheels on and just your axel back part of your stock exhaust and take it somewhere else. Just a suggestion. You do have a WRX correct. If you don't have that stuff PM I might be able to help you out
Old 09-16-2004, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Welcome to the wonderful world of recon... LOL i know it sucks here that you need to do that.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Hi Rage...yup, I know what you are going through...I moved back from Alaska 2 years ago with my fixed up Toyota Tundra....18" Wheels, Bassani Dual Exhaust...they got me at the safety inspection. Here is what I had to do...

1. Because stock wheels are 16" on the Tundra and I went up 2" (you can only increase your diameter by 1" without a recon affidavit)...bogus...had to get an affadavit...

2. My exhaust was not stock...again, affadavit...What the hell is an affadavit?

I had to locate a business and get this of all catches...get what is called an affadavit for each item...Basically you pay someone to say and sign a document stating that your car is safe using the products...I shelled out $40 to a place in Waipahu...what a racket man. I was so pi**ed off...but it doesn't help to show the Recon guys your anger...just stay cool, get the affadavit, and move on with life...you can drive around knowing if a cop stops you, you can show him the recon papers and affadavit...keep on driving....

I think the place was called RAD motorsports in Waipahu...nice place.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:33 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
your lucky you only got rims, exhaust, and sidemarkers to pass, i got a whole bunch load of **** on my car that i need to change!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:52 AM

Car Info: your mom.
sent ya a pm
Old 09-16-2004, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the info guys... anyone know where the recon place is?

I have the affidavit for the stuff already... but it seems to me like it is just a big money making deal. But what can you do? I just don't understand how cars that are falling apart and still seem to be allowed on the road, or the cars that are mod'ed out the butt.

I got the affidavit at Hi-speed down by the mall in town. The guy was cool about it...

I don't have any of the stock parts here on the island to replace them... They are all in PA. I hope that I can still pass with what I have.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
i believe its across market city in kaimuki... right by kaimuki high school. when your heading townbound on the h1, take the king street cut off. then straight? i heard its somewhere under the bridge...
Old 09-16-2004, 01:22 PM

Car Info: your mom.
Originally Posted by myroncuz
i believe its across market city in kaimuki... right by kaimuki high school. when your heading townbound on the h1, take the king street cut off. then straight? i heard its somewhere under the bridge...
yup...i think. you go straight and make a left at the second light(kapahulu?). immediatly after making the left, make another left into the parking lot - you should be underneath the highway.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:30 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
damn man that sucks. i went to jiffylube on dillingham and i passed mine no prob. if you still need help i can ask my friend. he works at fantastik auto in kalihi. let me know and i'll see what i can do. L8R
Old 09-16-2004, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
damn man that sucks. i went to xxxxx on dillingham and i passed mine no prob. if you still need help i can ask my friend. he works at xxxxx auto in kalihi. let me know and i'll see what i can do. L8R
umm. maybe edit your post to take out the shops names or else you won't be getting them from there anymore. you never know who is on the boards. b
Old 09-16-2004, 05:02 PM

I appreciate the help gus... if anyone has any info for me I think that b_drift is right... you should PM me.