Q300 VS Nameless Performance?

Old 10-31-2013, 12:14 PM

Car Info: 2013 Subaru WRX
Q300 VS Nameless Performance?

Hey i-Club,

I had a quick question. I have a 2013 WRX and currently I am setup with an Invidia catted downpipe to a Q300. I know the Q300 is 3" piping diameter.

My question is the Q300 mufflers a restriction when you compare them to the nameless muffler deletes?

I have read that the CBE is only for sound and doesn't really add power. My other question is what would make more power:

Invidia Catted Downpipe>Q300

or

Invidia Catted Downpipe>Stock Midpipe>Nameless Muffler Deletes (may eventually upgrade to Nameless midpipe with resonator in future)

Sorry for the long post. Just curious also if I get tuned with the Invidia TBE and swap out to the Nameless Deletes with stock midpipe would that affect the tune?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 09 STI
Originally Posted by FL4TBANGR
Hey i-Club,

I had a quick question. I have a 2013 WRX and currently I am setup with an Invidia catted downpipe to a Q300. I know the Q300 is 3" piping diameter.

My question is the Q300 mufflers a restriction when you compare them to the nameless muffler deletes?

I have read that the CBE is only for sound and doesn't really add power. My other question is what would make more power:

Invidia Catted Downpipe>Q300

or

Invidia Catted Downpipe>Stock Midpipe>Nameless Muffler Deletes (may eventually upgrade to Nameless midpipe with resonator in future)

Sorry for the long post. Just curious also if I get tuned with the Invidia TBE and swap out to the Nameless Deletes with stock midpipe would that affect the tune?

Thanks for your help.
Technically, nothing after the Down pipe is going to really add anything. I'm just running open mid-pipe which is a resonated Invidia. It sounds sexy, but when I connect my mufflers, there is no change. If you get rid of that catted DP you'll free up some flow. Just think about it like this: Less restriction = better air flow = more power. But really, anything after the DP is negligible.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by JunkPirate
Technically, nothing after the Down pipe is going to really add anything. I'm just running open mid-pipe which is a resonated Invidia. It sounds sexy, but when I connect my mufflers, there is no change. If you get rid of that catted DP you'll free up some flow. Just think about it like this: Less restriction = better air flow = more power. But really, anything after the DP is negligible.
Nice, thanks for the info. Ive been debating to run it open midpipe as well. Do you get tired of it daily driving it?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:28 PM

Nice, thanks for the info. Ive been debating to run it open midpipe as well. Do you get tired of it daily driving it?
Sometimes. It sucks with the windows up because it's just sooooo loud in the cabin, but I'm addicted to the sound. I can only keep it quiet for a month or so before I have to run it open again. I leave the axle back on there for appearances and quick install should I need to. It's very sleeper if I have it connected, haha. Nothing wrong with giving it a go though. I haven't had any heat issues either, especially since Subaru has a giant metal plate sitting right above where it dumps. But I shoot flames so...
Old 10-31-2013, 04:48 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
^^^

>>>

Last edited by Island Style; 10-31-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by JunkPirate
Sometimes. It sucks with the windows up because it's just sooooo loud in the cabin, but I'm addicted to the sound. I can only keep it quiet for a month or so before I have to run it open again. I leave the axle back on there for appearances and quick install should I need to. It's very sleeper if I have it connected, haha. Nothing wrong with giving it a go though. I haven't had any heat issues either, especially since Subaru has a giant metal plate sitting right above where it dumps. But I shoot flames so...
Sounds good. I'll give it a try. So just remove this?

Name:  b836d6ca-f541-4312-b240-3a410fc7d436_zpsa9c5b013.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  115.8 KB

Quick question: Does your axleback mufflers move from driving when you run open midpipe? Just wanted to make sure it'll be secured. Thanks again!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:41 AM

Sounds good. I'll give it a try. So just remove this?

Quick question: Does your axleback mufflers move from driving when you run open midpipe? Just wanted to make sure it'll be secured. Thanks again!
Your's is hung a little different than mine, but essentially it's the same. If you disconnected that from the mid pipe or DP depending on what's going on then you'll be loud. My axle back is pretty snug in its hangers, so there isn't much movement if any. The roads here are pretty ratchet, so sometimes I get a small rattle, but overall they stay in place.