Post here if you spotted a fellow suby!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:50 PM

Car Info: your mom.
Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
That was me.
what? that's BS. has to be somebody else. He said he saw this rex in AIEA, not town
Old 09-07-2004, 11:16 PM

Location: was living on oahu..but now im on the big island of hawaii
Car Info: 2004 WRX
Seen two black 03 wrx...One had white rims drop and exhaust had one eurosport sticker on the back...exchanged shaka's but dont know if he saw mine...The other one had exhaust and drop and dark tint...i shaka'd but dont know if he saw me...Suby_Blitzer my rims are buddy club PII
Old 09-08-2004, 12:24 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2004
Originally Posted by 1fastWrx
Seen two black 03 wrx...One had white rims drop and exhaust had one eurosport sticker on the back...exchanged shaka's but dont know if he saw mine...The other one had exhaust and drop and dark tint...i shaka'd but dont know if he saw me...Suby_Blitzer my rims are buddy club PII
Nice. HHmmmm...gives me an idea....
Old 09-08-2004, 12:52 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Sup Greg!

Not sure if the wagon had STi seats, as it was my wife who went to the car. I had to call her back as I stood by mine. I also saw a black STi headed towards Kahaluu via Kahekili this morning as I headed in to town. I also heard the unmistakable boxer rumble as a WRX owner gunned it on the freeway as I was was going on the freeway from the Vineyard onramp early this evening. I would shaka to them, but was not in the Scooby today.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:17 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Lmao...

Originally Posted by hangbot
what? that's BS. has to be somebody else. He said he saw this rex in AIEA, not town
Yea that has to be way too far for you man.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:21 AM

Car Info: Justy
Originally Posted by hangbot

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
Yea that has to be way too far for you man.

HAHAHA! Yes it was me, Aiea is one the few places you'll see me outside of town.

SSSHHHHhh... Just don't tell Kyle...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:30 AM

had an interesting experience with an STI driver today. saw a nice looking blue STI as i was leaving work tonight. went over to say hello and when i got there i told the guy my name, shook his hand, and asked him his. he made a gesture like he didn't hear what i said so i said it again. this time the same gesture but with a little more enthusiasum(sp?). just then it dawned on me that he was deaf. embarassed as all hell i said very clearly and slowly, nice car and he gave me the shaka. after battling traffic cuz the damn freeway was closed i get off on my exit and i see another blue STI. not even thinking about the incodent a few minutes ago i flashed the high beams and gave a shaka out the window as i followed him. as i started to drive around him to see who it was he jerked his car twords me as if he was pissed off. so when i got beside him ready to have some words i noticed it was the same guy. so i just smiled and gave him a nod, got one back and went on home. if thats not weird i don't know what is. any way if your on here guy NICE RIDE! L8R
Old 09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
i saw a WRB STi near McCully last night...he shot the peace sign...i shot one right back to him...then as i parked in the shopping center parkinglot....i see another WRB STi going in the opposite direction of the the other one....not sure....but could've been the same??...hahahhah oh well...ya...
Old 09-08-2004, 01:46 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
had an interesting experience with an STI driver today. saw a nice looking blue STI as i was leaving work tonight. went over to say hello and when i got there i told the guy my name, shook his hand, and asked him his. he made a gesture like he didn't hear what i said so i said it again. this time the same gesture but with a little more enthusiasum(sp?). just then it dawned on me that he was deaf. embarassed as all hell i said very clearly and slowly, nice car and he gave me the shaka. after battling traffic cuz the damn freeway was closed i get off on my exit and i see another blue STI. not even thinking about the incodent a few minutes ago i flashed the high beams and gave a shaka out the window as i followed him. as i started to drive around him to see who it was he jerked his car twords me as if he was pissed off. so when i got beside him ready to have some words i noticed it was the same guy. so i just smiled and gave him a nod, got one back and went on home. if thats not weird i don't know what is. any way if your on here guy NICE RIDE! L8R

funny, but i guess weird too.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
had an interesting experience with an STI driver today. saw a nice looking blue STI as i was leaving work tonight. went over to say hello and when i got there i told the guy my name, shook his hand, and asked him his. he made a gesture like he didn't hear what i said so i said it again. this time the same gesture but with a little more enthusiasum(sp?). just then it dawned on me that he was deaf. embarassed as all hell i said very clearly and slowly, nice car and he gave me the shaka...
yo justin, that guy is cool. i worked with him before. he used to own a honda before. and yes he is deaf. he's not entirely familiar with the i-club following here. when he came to my dealership i never really explained to him about the subaru community here in hawaii. one very cool thing about him is that he likes to shaka!

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 09-08-2004, 03:20 PM

Car Info: your mom.
spotted DrVortex in full camo this morning on Ft Weaver; also spotted a black wagon on H1 east while getting off at Birmingham - heard you honk, but don't know if you caught my shaka! here's another if your on!
Old 09-08-2004, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
went to costco hawaii kai this morning about 11am. Saw a green forrester wave, sorry i waved after. i was shocked, as that was the first time a forrester ever waved at me. here's your shaka! also seen two silver 04 or 05 rs sedans. one in Nalo and the other on k-bay drive. both got the wtf look, but wassup anyways.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
@ school today @ hcc seen bew sliver and also a wrb wrx in lot 8.....o btw i seen a wrx hood scoop on a blue vw golf now that was weird... i was like wtf alrightty thenwhat ever floats ur boat
Old 09-08-2004, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by gdogg
yo justin, that guy is cool. i worked with him before. he used to own a honda before. and yes he is deaf. he's not entirely familiar with the i-club following here. when he came to my dealership i never really explained to him about the subaru community here in hawaii. one very cool thing about him is that he likes to shaka!

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
yea i noticed that as soon as i gave him one he smiled and gave me one right back.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:15 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Saw a blue BES WRX with carbon hood and shiny wheels going town bound on Vineyard this afternoon...nice ride!

Quick Reply: Post here if you spotted a fellow suby!