OT: Need to vent a little

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:57 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Angry OT: Need to vent a little

I hope everybody had a good days because mine sucked....I got up in a goodmood and witht the intention of going and registering my bike today. So first thing i go get a safety and they fail me for no registeration which I knew was going to happen ..No big deal I go to sattelite city hall in PearlRidge stand in line for a hour only to get up to the counter to be told that because the title has a block that has a title of 1st Lein Holder and there is a bank in that block but right above that it has a owner block with the guys name I got it from typed in it..They tell me I need a letter from the bank stateing that there is no lein against it. I proceed to tell her that in Texas where the bike was titled that they will not release a title that has a lein against it that didn't work and she also told me I need the paper work for when the bike was brought too Hawaii and that I might get charged back fees because it has been here for like 4 years and was never registered. So leaving the mall pissed off but enjoying my ride home. I get to the main gate of Hickam to go home and of course I need a temp pass they won't give me one because I have no registeration I tried ot explain to them that I can't register it and they said well you can't bring it on base. I had insurance, safety, title but no registeration. Luck me my sister lives here in Navy houseing which is close by and I took it over to here house and this Saturday I am going to rent a motorcycle trailer and bring it home that way and NOT REGISTER it here I leave in Aug so I'll wait..But I will make sure I have all the paper work before I leave so I don't have this problem again...Sorry for all the complaining and I know this is not Suby related and I hate when people post non-Suby stuff...
Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
That sucks *****...yeah I'm one of those people...
Old 03-22-2005, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
If u ship your motorcyle in household goods does it need a recent Safety Check? I know matson required on for my car but that was 8 yrs ago.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:19 PM

I don't think you need one for a bike if it is going in household goods.. If I don't register it here I am just gonna say it is not street legal and that it is a race bike..
Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 PM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx
u gotta be better now that u vented?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
I don't get why they said you would have to pay any fees?? Since your not a true resident of hawaii you should not have to worry about this i thought?? did you have a non-resident form?? Just curious?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:15 PM

Yea i had the non-resident form. I talked to my frined who registered a car that had not been registered in a year and he ahd to pay $85.. Well the bike has not has never been registered here so I don't think i am going to either. What made me mad is I couldn't even ride it home and those that have been to my house you know how close I live to the main gate...So Saturday my buddy that runs the hobby shop here on Hickam we are gonna go rent a bike trailer and I'll get it home that way. I guess I could put it the back of a truck but a board that will hold it's weight would probably cost as much as renting the trailer. It might be a good time to stripe it down and powder coat the frame....