Lots of Subaru Videos

Old 09-17-2004, 05:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Lots of Subaru Videos

I have posted several videos to my site that I have collected from all over the net. None of these were created by me, they are all from various other sources. Check them out http://www.thetestbed.com/carvids/

For those of you who don't think it is possible to drift or do dounuts in an STi, there are several videos that will prove you wrong. I just have to say this and if you want to flame me for it oh well. I bought my car to drive, not to sit in a garage and look pretty. Subaru's are made well and they can take a beating. I'll see everyone at the tracks tomorrow.

Nathan
Old 09-17-2004, 05:57 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
the reason i say that u shouldn't and it can or will hurt ur car is because when i was @ the tracks this guy droped his clutch and all u hear is tink tink tink all they way down the track then his car wouldn't go in gear after he tried to reverse and leave so he ended up going home in reverse that night.. but there are after market trannys out there that are strong so u can drop the clutch and and it won't hurt ur tranny. and i also did work @ subaru for about a yr and subaru of america did make second gear very weak so that they can tell when u slam it into second that it will break and they'll know that u were racing and they'll be able to void your warranty and thats something we learned @ work from the head mechanic..
Old 09-17-2004, 06:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
the reason i say that u shouldn't and it can or will hurt ur car is because when i was @ the tracks this guy droped his clutch and all u hear is tink tink tink all they way down the track then his car wouldn't go in gear after he tried to reverse and leave so he ended up going home in reverse that night.. but there are after market trannys out there that are strong so u can drop the clutch and and it won't hurt ur tranny. and i also did work @ subaru for about a yr and subaru of america did make second gear very weak so that they can tell when u slam it into second that it will break and they'll know that u were racing and they'll be able to void your warranty and thats something we learned @ work from the head mechanic..
I have never tried to drop my clutch, nor do I plan on it. It is not needed to do anything that I would like to do. I wish I could though so that it would be possible to get a better launch.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
hey cool vids
Old 09-17-2004, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
he ended up going home in reverse that night....
now i see the problem...

tow truck? and if the guy can't afford one... why was he at the tracks in the 1st place? i'm just making trouble.

btw nate, cool vids... i see your site is back up.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 09-17-2004, 09:14 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
you dont need to drop the clutch on an sti to do a dounut all you need to do is gas then when the circled get smaller counter steer and they get bigger again good fun ask
poser,ditchhanger,2.5dohc,and shin rs
hehehehehehehehehehehe
Old 09-17-2004, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by gdogg
now i see the problem...

tow truck? and if the guy can't afford one... why was he at the tracks in the 1st place? i'm just making trouble.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
no i mean he drove home in reverse not by a tow truck now he actually drove the car home... i was crying inside for him really i was
Old 09-18-2004, 12:28 AM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
very nice site man!....keep up the good work.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by playa7
very nice site man!....keep up the good work.

Thanks, I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
you dont need to drop the clutch on an sti to do a dounut all you need to do is gas then when the circled get smaller counter steer and they get bigger again good fun ask
poser,ditchhanger,2.5dohc,and shin rs
hehehehehehehehehehehe
big D is right...and be forewarned, doing donuts in an STi will turn grown men into giddy little *****es who cant stop laughing...
Old 09-18-2004, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by poser
big D is right...and be forewarned, doing donuts in an STi will turn grown men into giddy little *****es who cant stop laughing...
I don't get the laughing part. I know that you don't need to drop the clutch for dounuts.

Nathan
Old 09-19-2004, 02:34 AM

I'm with you on the drive it like you stole it thing. I bought my car to drive hard and that is exactly why Subaru made it possible for us to own an STI. How else could one explain why anyone needs 300 hp to drive to work? If i wanted to look pretty i would have bought a Lexus or Mercedes. Oh by the way, it's pro gas saturday night and you can't run your car, but don't hesitate to come next week friday or saturday i'm sure you will see a silver STI and a blue wagon who aren't affraid to drive there cars they way they should be driven.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:17 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
Originally Posted by keirnna
I don't get the laughing part. I know that you don't need to drop the clutch for dounuts.

Nathan
we all turned into giddy little b!tches from all the laughing...

to get the car to turn on it's center axis, like a top, we dumped the clutch while doing some circles and it just spun...
Old 09-20-2004, 12:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
nice
Old 09-20-2004, 12:11 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by poser
we all turned into giddy little b!tches from all the laughing...

to get the car to turn on it's center axis, like a top, we dumped the clutch while doing some circles and it just spun...
Pulling the e-brake in a tight turn then immediatley droping the e-brake and simultaniously giveing it a ton of gas will spin it to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lots of Subaru Videos