Looking for some guidence

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 12:23 PM

Car Info: 2010 Tacoma 05 Legacy GT
Looking for some guidence

just picked up a auto 05 legacy gt. Tried to uninstall the accessport because I wanted to turn it into a daily driver.

After I did the uninstall, the cel's started coming up. p2021 and i reinstalled the accessport, cleared the cel. it won't run on stage 1 or stage 2, the cel and cruise come on. it does run on a streamlined stage 2 (I have no idea what that is).

Running it on the streamlined stage 2 makes the car "hiccup" and it can't hold a steady rpm.

I stopped driving it for a bit and changed the intake from a CAI to a short ram and last night the car had a bad idle and the car stalled. now its throwing a p0700 *p0725

sooo... looking for some guidance or a shop that will take a look at it.

*car came with
- Accessport
- CAI - now a Short ram (spt)
- apexi exhaust
Old 06-07-2017, 01:27 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
If you want to uninstall the AP, you need a stock intake. The aftermarket intakes need tunes. Tunes can be done by an AP.

Why would you not want an AP on a daily?
Old 06-07-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
If you want to uninstall the AP, you need a stock intake. The aftermarket intakes need tunes. Tunes can be done by an AP.

Why would you not want an AP on a daily?
I thought I could do without it. I still got the accessport I tried to reflash it but i can't get rid of the cel and cruise.

I'm thinking it could be a tgv and that caused the 700 & 725
Old 06-08-2017, 08:55 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Have you tried specifically clearing the codes? The 700 series looks to do with stuff in the transmission. I don't think they would be triggered by the TGV.

Is the Apexi exhaust a catback or turboback?

The key is in the notes for the various maps on your AP. With intakes, Cobb denotes their maps with a "+" for their intake. None of their maps are labeled as "Streamlined" which leads me to believe that that "Streamlined Stage 2" map is a custom map done for the CAI and Apexi exhaust.

I would put it all back to the way you got it. Clear the codes and see how it runs. If you really want to run that SPT SRI, you will need another map.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:50 PM

Ended up taking it into a shop. Found out it was bad accelerator sensor and ground wire.

I think you are right about the streamline maps. I do have to find another map.

The apexi is a cat back.

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Have you tried specifically clearing the codes? The 700 series looks to do with stuff in the transmission. I don't think they would be triggered by the TGV.

Is the Apexi exhaust a catback or turboback?

The key is in the notes for the various maps on your AP. With intakes, Cobb denotes their maps with a "+" for their intake. None of their maps are labeled as "Streamlined" which leads me to believe that that "Streamlined Stage 2" map is a custom map done for the CAI and Apexi exhaust.

I would put it all back to the way you got it. Clear the codes and see how it runs. If you really want to run that SPT SRI, you will need another map.