Kalaeloa Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 07 Forester
Kalaeloa Raceway Park

http://www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com/
http://www.rallyxhawaii.com/

Some info from the websites. Sounds like fun to me!!!

Announcing Kalaeloa Raceway Park's First Event - Rally X Hawaii!

Hello Motorsports Enthusiasts!

We're very proud to announce Kalaeloa Raceway Park will be holding it's first organized event: Rallycross! Rally X Hawaii - a new and old team consisting of dedicated volunteers and professionals, including the promoters of Drift Session & the Super Lap Series - will be holding an invitiation-only trial event sometime in late February with a full-on event occuring in March. The specific dates are not set yet but we are letting the public know that organized events will be starting soon.

Rallycross is timed automobile racing, held on a closed mixed-surface racing circuit, with stock, modified production, or specially built road cars. It is very similar to autocross, although this event will differ in some instances, and in some cases will be more akin to the european rally style.

The expected course time is 1:30 with a minimum of four runs. The racing surface consists primarily of coral and grass with transition areas to asphalt. The course will cover over half of the grounds of KRP. Although the classes have yet to be identified, we can expect to offer different segments for FWD, RWD, AWD, and an Open or Unlimited Class. Lifted vehicles will not be allowed to participate.

As more information is finalized, we will release it here, as well as the official website, http://www.rallyxhawaii.com/, which is currently under construction. The official forum is up and operating at HawaiiTalks.Net so if you have any questions or commments, please feel free to follow the link and we'll answer them to the best of our ability.

Rally X Hawaii & KRP are also looking for sponsors to help get this first event off the ground. SORT, LLC & OMAC are putting an extensive amount of effort to facilitate this event, but we still could use some help. If you're a business owner interested in supporting, please contact us at ht@buildthetrack.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

If you're interested in volunteering at the event, please contact organizer EricaMacKinnon@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it for more information.

The KRP Project Team is extremely excited for this historic occasion, and we hope that you'll join us in March as we host what will hopefully be one of many events at Kalaeloa Raceway Park.

Mahalo,
Michael Kitchens
KRP Project Team

Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 PM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Will spectators be allowed on the initial feb running?

I heard that there was an initial solo run on the new rally-x field, it sounded really fast, but kinda rough and bumpy on the transitions.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Wow, that's some great news....I can't wait to check it out!!!

As a matter a fact, I wanna be apart of history....I'm going to email EricaMacKinnon@gmail.com and volunteer for this event!!! Who's with me!!!

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 01-28-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 Saabaru 9-2x Aero
I want to stress how absolutely essential it is that we have a huge turnout for this event. Even if you choose not to race, showing up and supporting this is the best way to get Oahu a real racetrack. If we could get a full out I-club meet to show up like we have for our major cruises it would be great! We need a track on the island!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:33 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
Wow, that's some great news....I can't wait to check it out!!!

As a matter a fact, I wanna be apart of history....I'm going to email EricaMacKinnon@gmail.com and volunteer for this event!!! Who's with me!!!
lol, thanks Dave.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shin RS
Will spectators be allowed on the initial feb running?

I heard that there was an initial solo run on the new rally-x field, it sounded really fast, but kinda rough and bumpy on the transitions.
No, we let a few people drive their cars around to see the entire venue. And of course its bumpy out there, the course has not even been made yet... the trees haven't even been taken out

If you are concerned about the surface you are more than welcome to come to our "venue clean up day", we are looking at Feb 15th but I will get back to you on that. It will give you a chance to check it out.

The Feb run is invite only to make sure all of equip works and the workers have some practice time.

Thanks for all the volunteer inquiries! Thats awesome!
Erica

Last edited by eRicaSWGN; 01-28-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by eRicaSWGN
lol, thanks Dave.
No problum Nice touch putting your wagon on the top of the website
Old 01-28-2009, 02:57 PM

Oh and our website is still under construction as we are still working on classes and regulations, so please forgive us!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
If you need photography coverage, let me know, I can help.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
All of the comments about wanting a big turnout, needing support & volunteers are true. This is the first event, and it's going to show exactly how much support we have for the facilty, hopefully. We should have some great food on hand, a great view, and a good event all around. There's going to be lots of work going into this (hell, there already is). Erica is leading the charge, and we're all putting our all into getting this going.

This really isn't just about rallycross, it's about the future of the facility.

As far as media coverage is concerned, we'd like to have everyone out there taking photos and having fun, so if you'd like to come out, please do! The trial event will be closed to spectators as it's mainly to work out the courses and get everything operating correctly. It would be a rather boring affair for spectators, IMHO.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by eRicaSWGN
Oh and our website is still under construction as we are still working on classes and regulations, so please forgive us!
Hey E,
Just a reminder, but 2/15 is the last event of the regular season for auto-x, so many people can't make it out to help that day.
I'm glad this is going forward though!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Also,
I know there is an entrance fee for contestants, but what if any are the fees for spectators? You just sign a waiver of liability and come on in?
I'm so excited to see this happen for oahu racers, and look forward to the future!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i'll be at the board meeting tonight everyone should come out and support.......
Old 01-28-2009, 06:11 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
^Yep, not only will this board meeting be for rallyx, but for the future of KRP!! Sorry for the last minuet kine stuff but here are the details:

Tonight @ Kapolei High School, 700pm. Opponents of the track will be there and we need support for the survival of KRP. So if your free tonight come down and show your support.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
To answer the questions, anything having to do with fees, setup, participants, etc. are yet to be set in stone. Remember, this is an event to support the facility and it's future, so there'll most likely be a spectator fee. We're looking at 5 bucks a head though, so it'll be pretty cheap. We'll also most likely have food vendors on-site as well.

This is all subject to approvals, we're still working through the formalities with insurance, DHHL approval, working with the Fire Dept., getting the course setup. There's a lot of work yet to be done and a lot of specifics to be finalized.

We just don't want to announce it last minute, as noone will be ready for it! So get your gears going, and if you can help, please do. And if you can make it out to the board meeting tonight, please do! Specific people are doing their best to kill this thing...AGAIN. Mahalo!

Quick Reply: Kalaeloa Raceway Park