i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Just picked up the car... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/just-picked-up-car-126477/)

Shane Morris 02-17-2006 07:02 PM

Just picked up the car...

from pfluger in waipahu. The exedy stage 2 grabs really hard. It shudders in first if I do not raise the rpm a little. The ACT streetlite flywheel is a great difference in throttle response. It revs up quickly. The RA gears are great. I love the way they make the car feel. The car should have came with this gear set. Well, I am trying to take it easy now for the break in, but I will keep you all posted.

hayn_wrx 02-17-2006 07:04 PM

rite on man...well when u break it in i like one test drive...hehe

shaggadelic 02-17-2006 07:25 PM

nice. now if u think your clutch sudders you should feel my stage 3 act 6puck lol. nah but i'm glad u like it mines should be out on tuesday. call me i wanna test drive.

oldmansan 02-17-2006 10:32 PM

Hey,

someone let me drive their RA gears. I'm seriously debating between the RAs and the 6-speed. I really don't think I need the 6-speed now, and if I seriously upgrade the motor, the 6-speed won't be enough. I don't drag, so I think the RAs might suffice.

San

Shane Morris 02-17-2006 10:35 PM

I have to break it in at least a little. The gears don't whine how I've read in some reviews. Fast launches are really good, but I have to get used to going slow.

de pilipino guy 02-18-2006 01:46 AM

right on Shane...break it in first...and remember it's still breakable...i wish i had the money on the side to purchase one...

im just saying this because a fella i know(im sure some of you know him), broke his 1st gear(i think)...but then again he drives that car like it's an old school muscle car...

STi-LLlegal 02-18-2006 04:31 AM

What exactly is clutch shudder? From what I'm reading, pretty much any non-oem clutch on our cars will result in it. I need to know cuz my clutch is pretty worn out already and I only got 40k miles on my STi. It only grabs in the last 30-40 percent.

ImpresiveWRX 02-18-2006 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=Shane Morris]from pfluger in waipahu. The exedy stage 2 grabs really hard. It shudders in first if I do not raise the rpm a little. The ACT streetlite flywheel is a great difference in throttle response. It revs up quickly. The RA gears are great. I love the way they make the car feel. The car should have came with this gear set. Well, I am trying to take it easy now for the break in, but I will keep you all posted.[/QUOTE]

did pfluger install ra gears for you? how much did they charge?

oldmansan 02-18-2006 11:21 AM

The

clutch shudder is normal even with stock clutches, unless you have the newer heavier flywheel. This is usually only when the vehicle is cold. The shudder is usually minimized if you aggressively let the clutch out every once in a while.

San

de pilipino guy 02-18-2006 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=oldmansan]clutch shudder is normal even with stock clutches, unless you have the newer heavier flywheel. This is usually only when the vehicle is cold. The shudder is usually minimized if you aggressively let the clutch out every once in a while.

San[/QUOTE]
true, when i replaced mine with another stock one...i also shudder, but very very little..and you only notice it from a dead stop when disengaging the clutch really reallly slow...but regular driving is all G...

but then again i did drop the clutch disc when installing it, and made a very small kind crack on the outer side of the disc...maybe that's why...

but like the locals would say..."cuz that's MINAH"(minor problem)...

poser 02-18-2006 11:52 AM

i shudder after i pee...

de pilipino guy 02-18-2006 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=poser]i shudder after i pee...[/QUOTE]
specially in the morning...

Ditchhanger 02-18-2006 01:13 PM

LOL

BOOSTiN 02-18-2006 09:22 PM

the worst is during.. pee gets everywhere...

rau 02-18-2006 10:15 PM

u got problems? :D lol. anyone else "pee to the side"?