i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   If I were to buy a 240sx for autox, trackdays, drag... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/if-i-were-buy-240sx-autox-trackdays-drag-78356/)

gpatmac 11-03-2004 12:57 PM

If I were to buy a 240sx for autox, trackdays, drag...

Which one should I look for?

The intent is that whatever beater I buy, it will become more and more built. Maybe to the point where I can't drive it on the road.

I was also looking at the Legend. Is that tooooo far out for making into a race car?

sneezerboi 11-03-2004 01:32 PM

Legend? I owned a Vigor before.....it's a nice cruiser, but not too great for making fast. She's a heavy one. They are great for pimping hoes though, heh heh. ;)

.:: 808 STi ::. 11-03-2004 01:46 PM

check the "buy&sell" or "previews"....good place to find many cars...LoL

gpatmac 11-03-2004 01:57 PM

You mean on i-club?

Will a VG30DETT fit into a 240?;)

.:: 808 STi ::. 11-03-2004 02:07 PM

get a 240 "snach-crack".... :D they seem to be popular :p

myroncuz 11-03-2004 02:30 PM

pat, i was thinking about buying a 240 as a 2nd car.. forumshawaii got one for 3k..

b_drift 11-03-2004 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=gpatmac]Which one should I look for?

The intent is that whatever beater I buy, it will become more and more built. Maybe to the point where I can't drive it on the road.

I was also looking at the Legend. Is that tooooo far out for making into a race car?[/QUOTE]

hey pat, i got a 240 as my 2nd or is it 3rd car. anyways, the s14 is nice but heavy and not as common as the s13, so getting a new fender is not easy or cheap.

tips:

get a coupe so you don't have to deal with trunk rat holes. with the hatches, if it has a spoiler, then it has a hole(s).

make sure it does NOT have hicas (i leave the internet searching why up to you since i know you like that kind of stuff)

get fixed back(1 piece) aftermarket seats, the stock seats tend to break and fall back when you don't want it to, like during SCCA, yes, while i was racing. i highly recommend 1 peice as the stability is better and you won't have to worry about the seat giving. my seat gave a little when i hit the back of my 240 in to the tires and i hit my helmet on my roll bar, along with my passenger.

get custom seat mounts made when you buy a race seat because many of the brands like bride and such make tall mounts and you will not fit with your height.

b

gpatmac 11-05-2004 12:19 PM

Thanks B,

I didn't realize that there were responses. I can access the internet just fine, but the 'Websense' here won't allow me to see my emails. It's BS.

Anyhow, thanks a lot. Great info. I found a pristine S13 auto here in South Carolina for $1200 that I'll hopefully check out personally this weekend.

Anyhow, what info do you have as far as swaps? Pros and Cons for SR20 vs RB20 vs RB25?

Mike?;)

.:: 808 STi ::. 11-05-2004 04:07 PM

RB25!!!!!!!! do it!!!!!!
SR20's are cool too...ahahahaha...supposed to be the easiest one to slip in

IS2Scooby 11-05-2004 04:39 PM

Pat, why don't you build an SN95 'Stang with a turbo'd stroker motor? THAT would be AWESOME!

gpatmac 11-05-2004 05:49 PM

Cost, I guess. That and the originality of it.;) Believe it or not, I'd definitely be one in a million...literally. No one around here has anything more than fart cans.

I really like how much the Japanese seem to have eclipsed the US market in the design of their entire drivetrain.

I think that (without that much ammo) I would argue with most anyone about the, frick! I can't think of the word...not just durability but all-around capability of the Nissan turbo'd engines.

For a mustang or an LS1, I'd either have to fabricate the manifold myself or rely on some aftermarket supplier that's jacked up the prices on the 'kits', much like the na import cars have to put up with. I mean, I wouldn't be able to find a Mustang with a SC for the amount of money I have.

They have RB20's on Ebay for less than a k.

gpatmac 11-05-2004 05:52 PM

Any thoughts on the Legend?;)

scsi 11-06-2004 04:58 AM

i was thinking about doing this too actually. 240s come and go all the time anywhere from $1-4k more or less. i recommend keeping it stock for a little bit tho just to make sure u dont mod it then it explodes or something.

racerrob 11-06-2004 09:40 AM

i have a 240 ill be selling in about 2.5 months if you wanna wait for a super cheap one

gpatmac 11-06-2004 05:36 PM

Hey dude, I really appreciate it, but I'm no longer on the island. I just continue to troll here.;)