i needs some help guys....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 01:49 AM

i needs some help guys....

ok first off what do you guys tink of the blitz boost controller? i'm thinking of getting one that why. second, my car feels really ****ty in first gear then when i got the car. its like the boost is no longer there. i keep telling my self that i didn't break the car, but i think i did somethings. see, i learned to drive stick on the car, so i already took it in to the dealer to replace the clutch becasue of the clutch shutter in the morning. it felt alright after. i just got an intake and when i gun it from the line now, the car feels a lil stronger in first but in second i can feel the pull.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:59 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
do you mean the Blitz SBC-iD? I know a few people who has it and they love it. Its compact, yet efficient and I like the idea of going electronically.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:35 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
The blitz SBC-ID, Apex AVC-R, and Greddy Profec B are the most popular EBC's for the WRX. Choose what you want and can afford.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:45 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Thumbs up

My Blitz SBC-iD ROCKS, it's one of the few things i'm keeping from my re-build up!
Old 12-31-2002, 09:49 AM
Angry Dan

Re: i needs some help guys....

Originally posted by mellowwrx54
my car feels really ****ty in first gear then when i got the car. its like the boost is no longer there. i keep telling my self that i didn't break the car, but i think i did somethings. see, i learned to drive stick on the car, so i already took it in to the dealer to replace the clutch becasue of the clutch shutter in the morning. it felt alright after. i just got an intake and when i gun it from the line now, the car feels a lil stronger in first but in second i can feel the pull.
I may know why, what did you drive before? If it was something slower than a WRX you may just be "getting used" to the boost. Go drive a civic for a little while and drive the WRX again, the boost is there.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
SBC-ID + PowerMeter-ID V2

I own and SBC-ID & PowerMeter-ID V2 I absolutely love it

If your looking for one go to www.gruppe-s.com i think they've got the best price that i've ever seen for these to products.

SBC-ID V2 + PM-ID V2 - FREE SHIPPING BZ-1506X-P $660.00 Free shipping is just for the continential US (this sucks i know)

is a good damn price and this is where i got mine.

Good Luck and Welcome!

Jon
Old 12-31-2002, 10:02 AM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
If you really want to know if you are hitting boost, go get a boost gauge. Your gonna need one sooner or later anyway. I still don't understand why Subaru didn't make it come standard with the car.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:18 AM
Angry Dan

Angry

Not standard but they have them....

http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=173
Old 12-31-2002, 02:57 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Stupid question from a car moron, but how hard is it to install the boost gauge? I thought that Subaru offered a gauge cluster or something. I personally like the look of the pillar mounted gauges tho.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by DaveWRX
Stupid question from a car moron, but how hard is it to install the boost gauge? I thought that Subaru offered a gauge cluster or something. I personally like the look of the pillar mounted gauges tho.
Not that tough, especially if you're using 1/8" nylon tubing or regular vacuum hose. Subaru's own mini dash-mounted gauge cluster (two separate part numbers) costs several hundred bucks over the counter. They also offer a column-mounted unit, but it's overpriced. I ordered the cluster new with my car but it is cheaper when they assemble the car in Japan. It isn't really cost effective. There are a lot of gauges to choose from, but I like Autometer. And their boost gauges read in pounds, not weirdo metric Pascal units like the Subaru factory gauges.

--
ww
"Go wingless, young man." - Horace Greeley
Old 12-31-2002, 03:30 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
Originally posted by DaveWRX
You mean like this? Not too hard we can help ya. But Nolimit does nice work though doesn't he?
Attached Thumbnails i needs some help guys....-6.jpg  
Old 12-31-2002, 03:45 PM

Amen, thats what Im talking about. Nice work indeed!
Old 12-31-2002, 04:27 PM

your other option is to remove your clock and put the factory gauge pod in.

Don't buy the package form subaru though it is much to over priced. you can buy the gauge pod itself from subaru but as far as the gauges and faceplate are concerned you don't want to get it from subaru.

do a search on the other site: www.nasioc.com and search for a face plate. i think the guy that made it was name darius. someone please correct me if im wrong. then you can put 2 1/16 gauges in that housing instead of the small 42mm gauges that the factory one has!

Hope this helps

Jon
Old 12-31-2002, 04:37 PM

I like the ones at ImportTuner on the WRX Appeal article. Its hard to even tell how they are mounted to the pillar. Pretty clean looking if you ask me.

http://www.importtuner.com/features/0301it_wrx/
Old 12-31-2002, 04:46 PM

Very Expensive gauges my friend. Those were the ones I wanted until i saw the price per gauge hehehe.

they are held on by some sort of suction cup i believe.

Jon

Quick Reply: i needs some help guys....