honda windward sucks ballz

Old 07-29-2004, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
honda windward sucks ballz

a little story for those of you who are bored...

rewind a few months ago, to like march of this year...my old 86 prelude died and i needed a car to get to work...i was looking for a 4 cyl auto, something on the cheaper side, as i knew i was gonna be looking at the C6 or elise...so while we were shopping, we looked at the accord coupe...

we went to honda windward and on 2 occasions, no one bothered to even help us out...a lot of sales people walked pass us, but not even a hello from any of them...the girl at the reception desk didnt even say hi...and they say all this crap on their commercials about great customer service and stuff...

so we get home, a little pissed about our crappy experience...i go and look up their website, and it shows a email address that you can write to for any comments and stuff...so we did, notifying them of how we were treated and that it was such a disappointment...and how we were treated the total opposite of what their commercials say...the next morning, we got a call from the finance manager saying how sorry he was and that he'd look into it, and to let him know personally if ther was anything he could do to earn our business...he also said that we could contact him directly if we ever needed anything in the future...

fast fwd to today...

i was toying of the idea of getting a s2000 for the past few months, and my gf said she wouldnt mind having one...and it could be something to tide me over until the C6 Z06 comes in...so we went looking at them last week...didnt get anything...and i remember we could try the costco thing, where you pay a set price over invoice...so i entered my info on the costco website and honda windward comes up...they are supposed to contact me within 24 hours...it's 3 days later and no call or email, so the gf calls up the finance manager and asks why we werent contacted, and if he could deal with us directly, beacuse we're tired of how their sales people are...

he remembers us from our complaints before...he says he doesnt know why we werent contacted and he'll personally follow up on it...we tell him we're interested in a s2k...they ask what color we were interested in and we say yellow...they say they have a black one on the lot, BUT we need to a credit check before we can even drive the car, and all this other stuff...we tell him credit is not a problem...he then says that they want to keep the miles down on the car they do have...

he then says that he doesnt want to give us any false impressions, and that he would not want us to drive over there for nothing...he then says that because they get so little of these cars, they will sell only at msrp...

so it's like they dont wanna give us the time of day, even when they said they'd help us out with any future inquiries...and i get the feeling they dont even wanna let us drive the car...and if they're asking msrp and nothing lower- then i can go to any dealership and get it at that price...making-a-believer-out-of-me-MY-***!!!

i was able to test drive a SL 500, E55, Z06, numerous BMWs, and all sorts of cars more expensive than the S2k without so much as them checking my license- and these guys wanna do a credit check first?!? if i ever went into a dealer that asked for a credit check before a test drive, i'd let them run the check and walk out when they get the result back...the only time i see a credit check necessary to test drive a car is if it's a uber expenive exotic, like a ferrari or lambo...

they lost my business...

on a side note- last week, one of the sales people at tony honda told me to come back on a weekday so i could take out their s2k for an "extended" test drive to see how the car really feels, not the 5 minute jaunt...that's what i call service...
Old 07-29-2004, 09:42 PM

Car Info: toaster
sorry to hear, that.

tony honda does have a yellow s2k on the lot so thats a plus

just went there yesterday to pick up my plates, and it's still there

but yeah, i get that **** all the time. no one takes me seriously when i go to look at new cars.

oh well, their loss not mine.

Last edited by kawshon1; 07-29-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:08 AM

^^^
So what did you end up getting, Wes?
Old 07-30-2004, 12:40 AM

Car Info: AWD/FWD/RWD
Yeah Honda Windward sucks. I went shopping for a CR-V for my mom and they had what we wanted (Silver EX AWD). They would not go below MSRP. So we went to Tony Honda and got a Blue EX AWD below MSRP. Right before we signed the papers I called Honda Windward to give them a last chance. They said no and we drove home our blue EX AWD that night.

Honda Windward SUCKS
Old 07-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Man I want an S2000!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i'm not about to talk bad about my boss's father in laws dealership but...
this is not the 1st time i've heard a story like this- honda windward sells 250 cars a month. i'm not surprised that some deals get lost in the cracks.

in terms of the S2000. i always wondered why they don't just sell them at a discount and turn them over quicker thus leading to more inventory. i've never known them to have more than one or two. for that price though i'd rather just go STi.

sorry to hear about your experience with them. hope you find what you are looking for.

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 07-30-2004, 06:38 PM

Car Info: '04 JBP STi
fxck honda....windward...
Old 07-30-2004, 07:23 PM
tru

me gots a s2k when i decide to sell it you guys can test drive it.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:27 AM

update- i get a call on friday, from a salesman who can do the costco deal...i tell him to just give me the price over the phone and i know that invoice is 29,505...so he tells me that it's 1250 over invoice for the costco deal, and that they have a black s2k and a blue one...he tries to get me to go in on the weekend, but i have to work, so no go...i tell him monday and he says he'll be off...so i say tuesday, and he tells me he'll be in from 3-9...so i say i'll be there in the afternoon...

i go there ~3:15 and ask for him...they say he should be in shortly...it's a 15 minute wait and then this other salesman shows up and said he went on vacation, and will be out until next week...ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!! i just keep on having poor customer service experiences from this dealership...fudge it, i'm there, might as well see the s2k...i tell him if i can just see the blue s2k...i wanted yellow, but i need to see the blue up close- and it only comes with a blue interior, so i wanted to see that too...

i tell the guy, that the first salesman was supposed to give me a costco deal, and if he could do the same...he checks, and apparently he can...paperwork comes out and the price isnt 1250 as first stated, but 2000 over invoice, and there's a bullsh1t "1/2% wholesale tax"and a detail fee, which come out to 149, and 96 bucks respectively...

otd price come out to 33,917...

which still comes in under msrp...but i am kinda upset i got jerked around like that...i tell the guy i'll think about it and left...
Old 08-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
How much is MSRP on an s2k now?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:44 PM

Car Info: Justy
Poser - Did your mom pick up her car at Scion? I was just wondering how it went.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:16 PM

feel bad for you but honda windward company is all bus up, i should know i work there...
Old 08-04-2004, 05:32 PM

Car Info: dreaming on a WHITE wrx
dis local guy, can u get anything cheaper? can u order something?
Old 08-04-2004, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mach5WRX
How much is MSRP on an s2k now?
~33,200...the "before fees" price came out under msrp: 31,200...

Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
Poser - Did your mom pick up her car at Scion? I was just wondering how it went.
yup, she got it...they didnt do the inside delivery though...didnt even ask her what she wanted...but she loves it...it's kinda funny as i didnt know it came with a mp3 player, so i burned all of outkast's albums onto a cd and played it in her car when she left it at my house so i could wax it for her...

the other night, she stops over my place to drop off some food, and outkast is BLASTING on her stereo...i started cracking up laughing...it's kinda funny, as my mom is 58, driving a xb, and listening to outkast...she didnt even know that a cd was playing, she thought it was a radio station...
Old 08-04-2004, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by WindCloud
dis local guy, can u get anything cheaper? can u order something?
what are you looking for?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: honda windward sucks ballz