HIIC 2012 ALOHA UNITED WAY SUMMER Gathering/Cruise CAMPAIGN

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
HIIC 2012 ALOHA UNITED WAY SUMMER Gathering/Cruise CAMPAIGN

YAH YAH YAH,: I know I didnt setup last year's AUW event but thats in the past.
Reason's which cant be mentioned due to me promising other sponsor's/parties not to say anything.

So I figure I'd get a head start on this. Ill be blunt!! It aint going to be extravagant like the last few year's, and I attempted to contact my previous sponsor's and unfortunately, they could provide something small but I made the executive decision to not accept as I don't want to be the cause of hurting their financial books.

So we are doing a throwback style and running it almost the same way the Blake/bpang1 did when he was at ALoha United Way.

And it'll be mostly likely during the month of either August or September.

I'll post more as the day creeps closer.

Aloha,
Old 06-20-2012, 02:20 AM

Car Info: Drochthuarach ( look it up lol ) wrx
What can i do to help? I may be able to get some things for ya lemme know
Old 06-20-2012, 03:19 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
It's all G, Walter. The cruise is more about the charity and the good times rather than the prizes. Some may have forgotten that. Keep it pure and simple.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM

Car Info: my wife crazy with buying parts
Also would like to help. Maybe I can get Military support doubt it because Navy=Lazy
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
I'll help out with whatever, let me know the plan, if anything I'll do a donation.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Thanks for the replies and support/help. Myself and Ted where talking about this previously. Im not going to beat around the bush but I heard little "tweeting birds" tweet about how they never won anything even though they donated X amount of money.

Lets just say Ted and I were disgusted by these reaction/s. Im not even looking to pick a fight nor stir up trouble here on HIIC FYI.

Ted and I didnt do this just so you can get things for free, well technically not free, but at a very very cheap cost. jus saying... Well, I dont want to rant about this anymore than what needs to be said.

On the flip note, to Sigterm & PSBeachbum, and any other party/'s Myself and Ted do appreciate your willingness to lend a hand but Im going over my boss's decision and decide to keep it simple and weed out the "vampires of the system" per sie.

This is a great way to meet the ol' schoolers of HIIC, the mid schooler's and the noobs or newschoolers of HIIC, get some tips, make new acquaintainces and maybe establish lasting non homo relationships, but if you guys wanna get closer, by all means, Ill support it. Also maybe revive install days for like the 1000th time lol.

Last edited by dub81; 06-20-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 PM

Oh ok I guess. Im not in it for prizes. If I could arrange something where the Navy or marines sponsor something and show some volunteer work it would look good for me there because I am stuck in a unrecognized watch rotation. We do all the main work there. Were so good at it that it seems just like a daily task so it begins to go unrecognized. Only way to break away from this is community involvement.
My goal is maybe arranging a show and shine or even a possible track day (autox) where proceeds go to the cause. I dunno all the logistics but this is a good time to learn
Old 06-20-2012, 09:26 PM

Car Info: S14
That's sad, this is a charity event, your donating out of the kindness of your heart to help those in need, not to win prizes, that's just a bonus. If that's the only reason why your donating then you obviously suck at life, stop being a cheap *** trying to get "cheap prizes" and donate to the cause because you want to make a difference in someone's life and or in the community!!! That is all, Walter hit me up I'll help I still have some ties and ideas.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM

Car Info: Drochthuarach ( look it up lol ) wrx
My help will consist of items like cups and plastic utensils and plates and what not. Im in army and can get that sorta thing and the only thing i need in return is a thank u.....just let me know
Old 06-21-2012, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by inspire420
That's sad, this is a charity event, your donating out of the kindness of your heart to help those in need, not to win prizes, that's just a bonus. If that's the only reason why your donating then you obviously suck at life, stop being a cheap *** trying to get "cheap prizes" and donate to the cause because you want to make a difference in someone's life and or in the community!!! That is all, Walter hit me up I'll help I still have some ties and ideas.
Hope this wasn't directed at me
Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by dub81
Im not going to beat around the bush but I heard little "tweeting birds" tweet about how they never won anything even though they donated X amount of money.

No matter how good the cause is and how much time and effort other people put into something, there will always be those tools that just don't get it. It's all good though. Walt and Ted, you know all the old schoolers (Do I qualify because of how long I've been on here, or just simply because of my age???) and I'm sure most of the nOObs as well, really appreciate your guys effort for such a worthy cause.

I'm certain I'll drop by, if not to cruise, then at very least to drop off a donation from Oka's.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM

Car Info: S14
Originally Posted by PSBeachBum
Hope this wasn't directed at me
It wasn't directed towards anyone in particular, I was just simply putting it out there, that this is for a good cause and anything else out of it is a bonus
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM

ok cool just wanted to make sure something wasnt misread. Hope this even can pop off. Reguardless if "Old Timers" or nubs arrange it.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:28 PM

Car Info: CGM Crumpled Beer Can
invite those certain people back and create a dunk tank....
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
My main reason for going to this cruise was to take off work (call in sick lol) and driving around the island with a grip load of cool people. Donating and prizes were both bonus' lmao.

Quick Reply: HIIC 2012 ALOHA UNITED WAY SUMMER Gathering/Cruise CAMPAIGN