Help and advice on 2004 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:51 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Help and advice on 2004 WRX

Ok I have a 2004 WRX with a handful of problems cause it was neglected for a few months..

-Needs clutch change, gonna order an Exedy OE online, and from what I've seen in another thread Streamline Performance seems to be the place to go to for that. Any other suggestions?

-CEL for a bad TGV (#1) Subaru HI said they don't sell the valve itself, and that I'd have to get the whole intake manifold, so planning to go on NASIOC or eBay and hopefully get lucky with a decent TGV. Streamline will do this as well??

-Steering squeals/whines at low speeds turning left... Belts were changed a few months back.. No idea what to do.

-My HIDs are out. I know that ballast and HIDs go out pretty frequently, so I always have an extra set of both, changed out both the ballast and the lights, but neither worked. Changed the fuse for the headlight switch, and checked all my wiring including ground and power. WHY

-Passenger window don't work. Pretty sure it's the switch. Anyone parting out a passenger side window switch??

-Trunk release doesn't work from the latch under the driver's seat.

I'd really like to fix this scoob up and get it going asap!

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by elchupanigre
Needs clutch change, gonna order an Exedy OE online, and from what I've seen in another thread Streamline Performance seems to be the place to go to for that. Any other suggestions? MAPerformance.com ask for adam tell him shaggy sent you

-CEL for a bad TGV (#1) Subaru HI said they don't sell the valve itself, and that I'd have to get the whole intake manifold, so planning to go on NASIOC or eBay and hopefully get lucky with a decent TGV. Streamline will do this as well?? refer to prior answer and also get TGV Deletes

-Steering squeals/whines at low speeds turning left... Belts were changed a few months back.. No idea what to do. wheel bearings?? need more info

-My HIDs are out. I know that ballast and HIDs go out pretty frequently, so I always have an extra set of both, changed out both the ballast and the lights, but neither worked. Changed the fuse for the headlight switch, and checked all my wiring including ground and power. WHY your not in hi-beam mode are you?

-Passenger window don't work. Pretty sure it's the switch. Anyone parting out a passenger side window switch?? check nasioc

-Trunk release doesn't work from the latch under the driver's seat. use your key to open the truck there is a switch in there on the truck lock that cancels the one by your drivers seat. just flip it up

I'd really like to fix this scoob up and get it going asap!

Thanks!
hope this helps
Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM

-Thanks, I think I saw someone in the classifieds w/ some deletes fs.

-It's a pretty feint/light sound, mostly happens on the first 90 degrees of left turn from straight.

-Nope. Not being able to drive at night really sucks

Thanks shaggy
Old 02-20-2012, 01:38 PM

Car Info: my wife crazy with buying parts
As far as your HID. Is there any rust or anything in the electrical connections. I have this problem but for the fuse for my amplifier. Although now that I think about it my driver side HID isn't working. Haven't ts yet so I would look for corrosion
Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM

i'll check that
Old 02-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Car Info: my wife crazy with buying parts
Got my HID to fire after simply disconnecting and reconnecting. I did swap the bulbs to the opposite side just as a check to see if my ballast was bad but both turned on so it was just bad connection with mine.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:10 PM

Car Info: Drochthuarach ( look it up lol ) wrx
Always a trooper beach must be nice to have down time lol then again im off today lol shh don't tell them.....
Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX wagon
I have the power steering squeal tio.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX wagon
Instead of starting a new thread ill add to this one. So I have the power steering squeal as well too. It all started when I took off the hard line from the pump to get the turbo inlet off. I put it back on and drove after installing my turbo inlet. I didn't think I lost that much fluid and drove it for a day or 2 before I bled the system by taking off one of the hard lines off of the steering rack and drained it until the reservoir was empty. I filled it up and I thought the squealing won't go away. It's been a few weeks already and the fluid is still at the same level. Im thinking of ordering a power steering pump but before I do I wanna hear if anybody else had this after changing the turbo inlet.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 PM

Going in to streamline on monday for clutch change and replacing tgv.