i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Got a new camera (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/got-new-camera-75588/)

WRXYBOY 10-10-2004 02:58 PM

Got a new camera

3 Attachment(s)
I got a new digital camera and was at the drift session taking pics when i decided to do some crazy stuff.

WRXYBOY 10-10-2004 02:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
we aslo have video of this.

myroncuz 10-10-2004 03:56 PM

lemme see the vid

keirnna 10-10-2004 04:21 PM

Ohhhhhh, drifting is wrong and bad! Quit street racing and posting pictures of donuts!!! You are a bad person! I should know I was already tried and convicted. Looks awesome I wish I could have made it.

funkdrmr 10-10-2004 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=keirnna]Ohhhhhh, drifting is wrong and bad! Quit street racing and posting pictures of donuts!!! You are a bad person! I should know I was already tried and convicted. Looks awesome I wish I could have made it.[/QUOTE]

It looks like he was at the track.

ElNino 10-10-2004 04:51 PM

Hey bro, to bad you didn't a chance to do that on the gravel, ice and or snow roads, now that... whould have made it really fun for you and your STi.

shaggadelic 10-10-2004 04:57 PM

ouch!!!

silver satin 10-10-2004 05:00 PM

He is at the track posting pictures of yourself or talking aobut doing what he is doing at the track is a little different than doing it on public streets or somewhere other than the appropiate place thats all. Looks fun but it can't be good on your car don't take it in anytime soon if you have any driveline problems..

STiNightFall 10-10-2004 06:16 PM

hey justin, did you get your VF22 in your sti running properly yet? hows it going?

shrieden 10-10-2004 08:13 PM

I don't know why you say ouch, the cars are tougher than the majority of us give them credit for. Did you know the world powerslide record is held by the owner of scoobynet. He held his bone stock (save for Toyo T1-S tires) UK-spec 2001 WRX (same as our 02's, with 10hp less) in a constant 3rd gear slide for over 2 hours. The only reason it ended was he because ran out of Petrol. The mechanicals are the same as ours and the STi's mechanicals are a touch tougher than a WRX.

shaggadelic 10-10-2004 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=shrieden]I don't know why you say ouch, the cars are tougher than the majority of us give them credit for. Did you know the world powerslide record is held by the owner of scoobynet. He held his bone stock (save for Toyo T1-S tires) UK-spec 2001 WRX (same as our 02's, with 10hp less) in a constant 3rd gear slide for over 2 hours. The only reason it ended was he because ran out of Petrol. The mechanicals are the same as ours and the STi's mechanicals are a touch tougher than a WRX.[/QUOTE]
thats uk spec alot better then our models i did sell subarus for almost a yr now and our service manager told us all about our trannys and stuff and there not built the same as the japan and the rest of them cuz we have strick guide lines that u have to follow to be legal in the USA. for example he said that the wrx and sti tranny are both not that good and second gear is the weakest gear. it was made that way so subaru of american can tell wheather or not u been abussing there product so that u can't say oh it just broke!! they picked second gear so that they can tell u are drag or street racing when u slam it into 2nd.there are aftremarket trannys tho (reverse gearing ) that the service guy said u can buy from like AUS. so u won't have this problem or any tranny problem.
when u do something like that on pavement it dosen't mean ur going to break ur car right then and there but u more then likely will find out way in the rallys they don't use the same things that our cars come with. everything machinical is different or built stronger so by knwing that thats y i give my opinion and say OUCH cuz its a us standered car not japan standered

ps sorry my spelling suxs so please try to work with
pps and yes at least he kept it at the track so i ain't hatting on him for that all i said was ouch and i'm prety sure he knws that he can break something and understands that if he dose then he dose but at least hes doing it in a safe place

.:: 808 STi ::. 10-10-2004 09:50 PM

nice pics....wish i could've been there....

gdogg 10-10-2004 10:39 PM

u go justine you crazy dood- hows that clutch doin?? :D
so whats next? we gotta do some drivin soon.
oh btw, what kind of camera?

[color=lime][size=1]aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*[/color][/size]

mario 10-10-2004 11:37 PM

You know those pics SUCK!!! :( I wish i had better camera skillz it could've looked better. YOu know its even better when your inside the car and doing donuts :)

WRXYBOY 10-11-2004 12:26 AM

yeah in the car is really crazy but as soon as i get the video from my cousin ill post it up. The clutch took a beating but the car is still drivable. I dont think i killed the clutch to bad. But all in all its fun to do it legally and not worry about anything but your car breaking.