Fun with a 350z Track edition a bit ago...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 06:37 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Fun with a 350z Track edition a bit ago...

I usually dont agree with speeding on the highways, but we had a nice open lane so I broke my rule for a little bit...

Well, wife and I were heading to Costco on the H2 and were driving leisurely along the H1 past the airport when a black blur flew by doing atleast 100+. So I decide to check it out and caught up with it. Nice a$$ black 350z track edition (well looked like it with the 18s and such and suspension looked stiff as heck). We play a little pace about 80mph and then the only car in the fast lane pulls outta the way so we had the nice straightaway from airport to 78 interchange. He nailed it obviously and I dropped to 4th - redline - 5th and while he got the jump on me since I wasnt ready we caught him easily at about 110 and were pulling HARD on him. Only had one open lane so all I could do was make sure he knew I was pulling on him and back off, pull on him and back off. Im pretty sure he was wot since we accelerated steadily to about 130 before we slowed down. Pretty fast little car I gotta say, but still the sti had it pretty easy. Sorta thought it had more top end, but wasnt the case, atleast this time. I was running stock boost so nothing extra there. Gotta look up the stats on the Z's and see how they compare. Lighter and 280hp or something I think? Sorta thought he would have me near the top end, but guess not. He threw a shaka as he pulled off to hit 78.

I really dont agree with doing this, but we all break our own rules from time to time. The speed we were passing people wasnt right and we had 80mph over most people so it woulda been bad had something gone wrong. Oh well...
Old 10-01-2003, 07:02 PM

Car Info: STI
You disappoint me dave.....naughty boy.....

atleast you showed who was the boss

(by the way I did break my own rule with an M3 on H3 a while back....although I back off when there are other vehicles)
Old 10-01-2003, 07:04 PM

Yeah I did the same with the M3 on H2. I guess I sorta look ahead and figure Im not swerving between lanes and such and we are in the fast lane. I never like that I did it afterwards, but the whole adrenalin deal sorta gets to me. I back off tho if its starting to get iffy...
Old 10-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo

Old 10-01-2003, 07:19 PM

Car Info: Subaru, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Previously Owned Vehicles
yeah

Originally posted by DaveWRX
Yeah I did the same with the M3 on H2. I guess I sorta look ahead and figure Im not swerving between lanes and such and we are in the fast lane. I never like that I did it afterwards, but the whole adrenalin deal sorta gets to me. I back off tho if its starting to get iffy...

Old 10-01-2003, 07:25 PM

The worst thing is that a lot of people think they're a great driver because they can take someone in traffic....

I have this discussion with my GFs high school age brother on a regular basis after he tells me what some of his friends do. "so and so (in an integra) pulled away from a 350z." Yeah right....where? "On Kam hwy. The Z couldnt keep up through the cars, he's a pretty good driver."

He's not a good driver! He's a jack***!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Yeah... The chase scene in Transporter isn't a race... It's a CHASE SCENE. These kids need to go to the bank, borrow some money, and buy a clue.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I am so good on the highway that many of the cars I've beaten didn't even know we were racing.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
OoooooooooOOoooooooooooooooo

be very very careful by the airport!!! that's a Favorite spot for oinkers to hang out!! And they can hide in places you can not see them from the road.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:44 PM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
There is a particular drifter (Team Juo Ni founder) here that has an S13 with a S13 Silvia front end conversion and S14 engine swap. The car make an estimated 280hp. He was on the freeway with Ryan who owns a silver STi rated at 300hp. Both were in 4th gear, rolled on and the STi was left behind to the tune of 8 to 9 car lengths. Crazy huh?

-scu
Old 10-01-2003, 10:08 PM

Yeah that area is bad for cops, but we were past that damn highway building deal so I figured for the most part we were safe, atleast from cops.

Racing on the freeway has got to be the LEAST skills needed in driving. I mean you are already going, so no launching skills needed, all you have to do is WOT and shift. A lot of people say the drags dont take much skills, but atleast you have to launch well. And auto-x, well I love that. It definitely takes skills as Barry schooled some of us in. Heck Francis drove my car about 4 seconds faster than I could. Proves the car can do more, I just cant...yet...maybe never...who knows...
Old 10-02-2003, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Yeah... The chase scene in Transporter isn't a race... It's a CHASE SCENE. These kids need to go to the bank, borrow some money, and buy a clue.
that opening seen rocks!!! I almost bought the dvd just for that
Old 10-02-2003, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by Nolimit
OoooooooooOOoooooooooooooooo

be very very careful by the airport!!! that's a Favorite spot for oinkers to hang out!! And they can hide in places you can not see them from the road.
Yeah there are always little piggies hiding under those overpasses. But not as many as there are between mililani and wahiawa. I guess I never realized it until the last couple weeks working out at schofield....I swear someone was pulled over EVERY afternoon on my way home.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I raced a RSX tonight; again, I don't think he realized it, but I was playing with my laptop and thought I heard him rev. After he passed by me, he picked it up to about 85. I was going about 55. I got a gap on the right and got up to about 90 as I caught him. I slowed to 80 and he caught up and of course, slowed in order to stay with me, then I think he gunned it I got it to about 135 then backed off to catch the H2 exit.

Uh, actually, I just made all that up to sound cool.....or did I?

Quick Reply: Fun with a 350z Track edition a bit ago...