Drove Mini and WRX tonite...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 11:34 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Drove Mini and WRX tonite...

Damn that Mini Cooper was fun as hell. Hah. If it wasnt such a little squirt of a girlie car I would get one. Wasnt even the S and it was fun as hell. Wife loved it, going to order one as soon as she decides she really really wants it.

Also went to Waipahu Subaru and drove an 03 WRX, was ok, couldnt wind it out because its new and dealer guy was with me. Seemed like a nice car, wife thinks its really plain and cant understand the attraction. I agree its simple looking, but its the power/handling and other stuff Im attracted to. They only had a silver in 5-spd there. Missed Jeff, think he doesnt work til Friday. Oh well. Dan stop playing with your PC and lemme come buy your car. Im going crazy here, you will see me with a Mini next weekend if I get any more impatient. =)
Old 02-27-2003, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Yeah,

I couldn't wind out the test car because it was the color I wanted, and wanted to break it in right. Dan's car has even trophied at a local car show. With the money saved over new, you'll really be able to mod it nicely.

San
Old 02-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
if you didn't get to drive the wrx hard, ..... you didn't get to drive the wrx.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:08 PM

True, now everyone call Dan at work or home and nag him to sell me his car. I guarantee it will shut me up for atleast a couple days. Im dying here! I almost bought the Silver the other nite. I need a car badly...
Old 02-27-2003, 06:09 PM

Re: Yeah,

Originally posted by oldmansan
I couldn't wind out the test car because it was the color I wanted, and wanted to break it in right. Dan's car has even trophied at a local car show. With the money saved over new, you'll really be able to mod it nicely.

San
Yeah, thats my thinking. I have a wishlist the size of my wifes christmas list. I need to run it all by everyone this weekend and will post as well. Just need feedback. I got money burning a hole in my pocket and a check for Dan I GOTTA get rid of... Not working doesnt help since all I do is sit around and think about the rex and modding it. Ugh...
Old 02-28-2003, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Re: Yeah,

Originally posted by oldmansan

San
duuuude you should have just done it i can garuntee you that someone at matson or schuman did it before you
Old 02-28-2003, 05:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
no mini!!!!

i test drove a S model and made the check engine light come on by going around the block(unattended test drive). it wasn't as fast as i thought, it didn't handle like a go-kart like people said and it kinda looked cheesy inside with the door panels and all. it looks cool though. if it was lighter it would've been a much better car. b
Old 02-28-2003, 05:56 PM

Re: no mini!!!!

Originally posted by b_drift
i test drove a S model and made the check engine light come on by going around the block(unattended test drive). it wasn't as fast as i thought, it didn't handle like a go-kart like people said and it kinda looked cheesy inside with the door panels and all. it looks cool though. if it was lighter it would've been a much better car. b
I just think it had a kinda different look. I am ordering the wife one as soon as she passes her pharmacist test. Just a red non-s, dont want to pay the extra insurance and all and the money I save I can put into the rex. =) Already have about $10k of things I want to order, ugh. Gotta chat with yall this weekend and figure out what I will get.