Defi Gauge Pod

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 05:20 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Defi Gauge Pod

Who has these? Did you just paint them to match the black of the dash or do something like cover them with similar material? Just curious. Just realized it comes gray. Going to primer it and paint it with some hitemp black or satin black for now. Just curious. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:09 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Flat black looks fine to me... Although some perfectionists say that there is a ford grey that works well.

I have a can of flat black you can have since I only bought it for my defi pod. Lots left for anyone.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by teiva-boy
Flat black looks fine to me... Although some perfectionists say that there is a ford grey that works well.

I have a can of flat black you can have since I only bought it for my defi pod. Lots left for anyone.
Painting it now in the bathroom, ugh, wife is pissed since it smells to bad, but the manager in the condo complex here is a **** and I cant do **** in the garage area. Oh well.

Also fighting the damn "strange dripping **** from the bottom of the building" that you guys told me about when parking underneath buildings. Grr...
Old 03-15-2003, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I just bought one to and was wondering what color to paint it. Still waiting on my guages to get here then I will put my rattle can abilities to the test
Old 03-15-2003, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by PwrWRX
I just bought one to and was wondering what color to paint it. Still waiting on my guages to get here then I will put my rattle can abilities to the test
I just did a couple coats of primer and now Im doing semi-flat black on it. Checking into the same material as the dash and will see if I "think" I can pull off covering it with the same material. Who knows. Probably wont tho, its looking ok with the black paint now. CLear coating it next. Im sure theres a closer match tho...
Old 03-15-2003, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally posted by DaveWRX
I just did a couple coats of primer and now Im doing semi-flat black on it. Checking into the same material as the dash and will see if I "think" I can pull off covering it with the same material. Who knows. Probably wont tho, its looking ok with the black paint now. CLear coating it next. Im sure theres a closer match tho...
cool let me know how it turns out.