Dealer Techs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 2013 Subaru WRX STI
Dealer Techs

Never again will I bring my car to Mapunapuna dealer for repairs. I took my car their to fix the loud rattles above the passenger seat Liner. The rattle went away when i got it back but two days later it came back. So I finally decided to look at it and found blue masking paper masking tape all over the place that was suppose to hold the wires down but none of the tapes are sticking!! The only thing they were sticking on are the wires. First Impression, they are LAZY!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 PM

Car Info: 2014 Mitsubishi EVO MR/2014 Wrx
for when you need it on there

Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 06 Subaru WRX STI
lol damn. and how much did they charge you for the labor?
what did they say the problem was and how they fixed it?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 2013 Subaru WRX STI
Lol it was still warrantied. But the wirings were not secured on the lining so it was vibrating loud. So the dealer said the same which was loose wires and they said they fixed it. Come to find out they taped it sith blue masking tape lol
Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
go back to the place and demand a refund. then tell the BBB. let them know the issue not fixed and the issue was only temp bandaided. make sure you know their policies on warrantied work b4 you go in there n raise hell.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:19 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
use tact!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:40 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by moto96793
go back to the place and demand a refund. then tell the BBB. let them know the issue not fixed and the issue was only temp bandaided. make sure you know their policies on warrantied work b4 you go in there n raise hell.
yes the refund will work when he said he didnt pay for anything.......... FYI your better off talking to the manager then sitting on i-club and bashing them... what makes you think they would want to help you in the future or "bend" a little if you just blast them without trying to work that out? to each there own..... i dont think it was the "best" fix but i also dont think your way of getting this resolved is also the right way
Old 04-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
yes the refund will work when he said he didnt pay for anything.......... FYI your better off talking to the manager then sitting on i-club and bashing them... what makes you think they would want to help you in the future or "bend" a little if you just blast them without trying to work that out? to each there own..... i dont think it was the "best" fix but i also dont think your way of getting this resolved is also the right way
i would be mad too if i had my wires scotch taped to my ceiling. im a certified mechanic and anythig like that is a shame imo. i would be discouraged to go back there also. but then again youre right about takig this to the shop manager.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI SWP
I've been dealing with the Subie shop at mapunapuna, and they seem like great guys, I had a few issues with my 13 STI and they always seem eager to want to help to resolve them. I give those guys credit for being the only shop on the island that does warranty work, imagine how busy those guys get.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by SUMATIC808
i would be mad too if i had my wires scotch taped to my ceiling. im a certified mechanic and anythig like that is a shame imo. i would be discouraged to go back there also. but then again youre right about takig this to the shop manager.
you right.... i dont know why this was done. but like i said this is not the best way to settle this issue
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru WRX STi Launch Edition
Originally Posted by Downfall
I've been dealing with the Subie shop at mapunapuna, and they seem like great guys, I had a few issues with my 13 STI and they always seem eager to want to help to resolve them. I give those guys credit for being the only shop on the island that does warranty work, imagine how busy those guys get.
I too have never had a problem with the Mapunapuna dealership. Talk to the manager, Greg, about it. He's a reasonable guy.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:41 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
Originally Posted by Curve
I too have never had a problem with the Mapunapuna dealership. Talk to the manager, Greg, about it. He's a reasonable guy.
Greg is the sales manager. Not sure what he can do for you...
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by moto96793
it's garbage like this that always ruins my day. you gonna complain to the BBB if they run out of coffee in the waiting room too? i'm not saying what they did was right but unless you've never made a mistake before (and subsequently are in fact jesus christ) then just go back and tell them the trouble is still there. give them a chance to make it right and i'm sure they will. the only time you should go to the BBB is if they refuse to do the work. people nowadays need to learn how to deal with their own problems, it's no wonder the government thinks they need to control everything.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by SUMATIC808
so being that you're a certified mechanic, maybe you can recommend something to help the OP. what would you do if your car had something in the headliner that was rattling? i can tell you if it were me and it was just some rogue wires banging around, i wouldn't waste time going back to have the dealership fix it. i'd grab some cheap pillow stuffing and cram it in there until the area was filled, fixed. you could also wrap the flappy little bastard in a rag and shove it back in there. really it's up to you but i'm sure they have to get a little creative since there is probably not a TSB on floppy wires in the headliner.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
so being that you're a certified mechanic, maybe you can recommend something to help the OP. what would you do if your car had something in the headliner that was rattling? i can tell you if it were me and it was just some rogue wires banging around, i wouldn't waste time going back to have the dealership fix it. i'd grab some cheap pillow stuffing and cram it in there until the area was filled, fixed. you could also wrap the flappy little bastard in a rag and shove it back in there. really it's up to you but i'm sure they have to get a little creative since there is probably not a TSB on floppy wires in the headliner.
if it were me im pretty positive that id figure it out myself and so would you, just like your stated opinion. but he didnt ask for fixes or opinions, he just wanted to tell everyone about his encounter with the techs. im sure he already got it fixed.

Quick Reply: Dealer Techs