close ****ing call deuce

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Angry close ****ing call deuce

got pulled over on sunday with my wife in the car in front of jamba juice in kaneohe. The cop was looking for a recon sticker, yeah he didnt find one. so he checked just about everything on my car. He checked the tint and it came out over the limit, he checked the size of my rims. He checked the inside of my engine bay. He even checked to see if i had the stock foam behind the bumper. He thought I had a drop on the car but actually the sargeant who had the car before me cut the springs and he got me for not having a front liscence plate. what caped off the whole day was when he was messing around with that little device that measures the tint on your window he was also looking at my wife pretty intently. yeah i was pretty upset. anyway luckily i didnt end up with a ticket for the second time, but i need to know where to go to get a recon sticker so this doesnt happen again.

peace

Last edited by su_be_me; 04-01-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
what was the guy driving? was it a local cop or an hpd car? were you speeding or did he just think your car stood out too much?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
im guessing it was a blue and white ...... or one of the boys in blue with a supped up american car that was having a really bad day lol
Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
you got away without a ticket? damn, you should count your blessings and thank this cop instead...but if you feel so strongly that the cop was unprofessional in any way and violated your rights, you can refer your case to the police commissioner...btw, here's a link on recon info:

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=309267

it's really not that hard to pass. just make sure that you know what you need to do, especially the "bounce test". making an appointment is a pain because the wait time is 3-4 weeks...
Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 AM

Car Info: 2000 subaru impreza
yeah i called ending of feb to make an appointment for recon and they told me the earliest date was April 3!!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:23 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
uh.....where can i pick up a hott wife to get me out of tickets? do you even realize how much you would have had to pay if you had gotten the tickets for just the tint? be glad he was "distracted" and happy that you get to see what only he could imagine.....boing!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
^^^^^^lol!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I understand your frustration (I got 5 tickets in one stop, so you got away easy.), but just hear me out on a couple of things.

1) Learn to use some punctuations. Damn dood...talk about run-on sentences.
2) I know that he may have been inappropriate, but at least you got off without a ticket...you should be concentrating on that, not being pissed off enough where you were going to "go ape***t on him".
3) Face it...you are in the wrong. If you have illegal tint and illegal modifications, then you are wrong and he has every right (although not necessarily for a good reason) to pull you over and cite you.

Just my thoughts.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
^^^Agreed.

Plus, cutting your springs is just nota good idea.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:09 PM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
I understand your frustration (I got 5 tickets in one stop, so you got away easy.), but just hear me out on a couple of things.

1) Learn to use some punctuations. Damn dood...talk about run-on sentences.
2) I know that he may have been inappropriate, but at least you got off without a ticket...you should be concentrating on that, not being pissed off enough where you were going to "go ape***t on him".
3) Face it...you are in the wrong. If you have illegal tint and illegal modifications, then you are wrong and he has every right (although not necessarily for a good reason) to pull you over and cite you.

Just my thoughts.
just for the tint alone isn't it a 200+ ticket? The title of your thread says close call, did you mean close call for yourself or the cop you were gonna beat up
Old 04-01-2008, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
you got away without a ticket? damn, you should count your blessings and thank this cop instead...but if you feel so strongly that the cop was unprofessional in any way and violated your rights, you can refer your case to the police commissioner...btw, here's a link on recon info:

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=309267

it's really not that hard to pass. just make sure that you know what you need to do, especially the "bounce test". making an appointment is a pain because the wait time is 3-4 weeks...
I probably gotta get recon too since i got TEIN Flexes, can you pass recon with those on and what is the "bounce test"? I got EDFC so just put it on the softest setting?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by bpang1
^^^Agreed.

Plus, cutting your springs is just nota good idea.
Isnt that considered unsafe? I would just invest like $200-$250 in a good set of drop springs, like the TEIN S-Techs
Old 04-01-2008, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by 04silverWRXSTI
I probably gotta get recon too since i got TEIN Flexes, can you pass recon with those on and what is the "bounce test"? I got EDFC so just put it on the softest setting?
If i recall correctly, the minimum suspension travel is 2 inches.. You know what you need to do pass the bounce test Dom, get a bunch of hotties with thick otolele(slang for the junk in the trunk) and make them bounce the oto's to distract the guy. Those hotties will definetly pass the suspension travel!! my bad, i just tired and getting stupid.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by 04silverWRXSTI
Isnt that considered unsafe? I would just invest like $200-$250 in a good set of drop springs, like the TEIN S-Techs
keepin it O.G.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by dub81
If i recall correctly, the minimum suspension travel is 2 inches.. You know what you need to do pass the bounce test Dom, get a bunch of hotties with thick otolele(slang for the junk in the trunk) and make them bounce the oto's to distract the guy. Those hotties will definetly pass the suspension travel!! my bad, i just tired and getting stupid.
Hahaha Walter, so I'm assumin you get the hook ups for these kine chics, hook a bruddah up haha
I stay bored at work right now so i'm actin dumb too

Quick Reply: close ****ing call deuce