"Bulls**t Ticket" Post up your stories....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
"Bulls**t Ticket" Post up your stories....

Well, I woke up around 12:00p.m. today and started to get ready for work. I walked out side my house and on my car, there was a golden ticket (And I'm not talking about the one found in WONKA Candy Bars...) It said the following on it "Vehicle had no front lience plate mounted anywhere on front of the vehicle. No way for me to I.D. vehicle from futher than 2" away" Here's the problum, I've lived there for over 12 years and NEVER have I been given a ticket in front of my home.

Heres a diagram:

-Light Blue- Cars parked the same way I am (Half in the driveway, half off)

-Green X- Abondoned Cars over 2 years old

-Black Circles- Cars parked that morning around the time I was given the ticket

-White Line- My Family's Proprety Line

-Red Spot- My car

I was the only person to recived a ticket, the people parked the same way only a house away, was NEVER given a ticket. Plus the front of my car was on my proprety.I've already requested a court date to explane what happened. I'm also filing a possible case against the officer.

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 02-13-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
hmmm wonder what made the cop want to give just you a ticket?? where is this in ewa or something?? i thought they only gave dumb tickets like this in kailua lol i got one for parking to close to a hydrant only thing is i was within the property line (private property) being that it was in the yard and not in the way if there happened to be an emergency ive parked like that for years and all of a sudden hmmmmmm??? wtf?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:11 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
according to the law you were on C&C property so the officer had all the rights to ticket you. it was dick but again it was by the book... no if you car was in you drive way and not on C&C property you would win.

i once got a ticket b/c i parked infront of my garage and they said i was double parked and block a drive way even tho it my own. ( i got it dropped btw)
Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by alienbreed69
hmmm wonder what made the cop want to give just you a ticket?? where is this in ewa or something?? i thought they only gave dumb tickets like this in kailua lol i got one for parking to close to a hydrant only thing is i was within the property line (private property) being that it was in the yard and not in the way if there happened to be an emergency ive parked like that for years and all of a sudden hmmmmmm??? wtf?

I live Pali Hwy area.....I've never once been given a ticket in my area. I guess it was a random ***** that was looking to give out tickets that day. Oh well, I'll just fight it in court, and toss it out. Everytime I get a ticket, and I go to honolulu district court. I take the opportunity, and visit my father grave at Saint Andrews near by and walk around china town and explore around and have lunch there.I might as well make a day of it...besides, worce case is I have to pay $70.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I don't see what your complaint could be that would get you out of this ticket...right here you're admitting that your car was halfway on the street. Last I checked that was illegal.

The other argument that other people were doing it and didn't get it won't fly either...people say that all the time when they get a speeding ticket ("but everyone else was speeding") but that doesn't mean you weren't going faster than posted speed limit.

Sucky thing is that a lot of people are forced to park like you or park stupid far from their home because HI is becoming overcrowded and too expensive which means that a lot of homes are housing well over what they were ever intended to house which means too many cars...lol maybe you can argue that one. Just tell the judge that the city shouldn't be giving out these tickets because the current socio-economic situation in HI is such that you are forced to park like this.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:09 PM

^^^ True Dat, Thanks for the advice fellas....I'm not denying I was wrong.I'm just upset that it was so random. And I've been parking like that for how many years and I finally got a ticket for it. I'm friends with all the officers in my area. The officers name on the ticket I've never seen before. I'm just going to talk to my buddy who lives next to me to find out who this noob is...I have my ways to get out of this, I'm hoping my luck hasn't run out. This is my 5th "no front plate" ticket I recieved and everyone I've contested and won. It's my fault for parking the way I did and I'm running no front plate, giving the police probable cause. Thats my fault, but just the way i earned this one rubs me the wrong way. The last 3 i recieved, I was driving in night cruises (I know, bad dave) and the 4th one was when I was picking up my g/f in Waikiki.This one was for parking at my home. Its my fault for not having a front plate, but It just bothers the crap out of me. I thought I was safe at my house cuz of the connections I have in that area...I guess I was wrong....

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 02-13-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 PM

Car Info: a pickup truck with a gun rack.
nothing wrong with night cruzes man! just CRUZ! chee!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
just get the folding front license plate....cool product....plus no need worry about cops giving you a front license ticket...though product kinda costly.

i got one for the suby...its pretty cool...viewed my wife driving from the rear...and when it folds...plates get hard to read....if your worried about noise...havent had any issue with noise or rattle from the product.

http://www.renickmotorsports.com/osc...oducts_id=1919

Last edited by houdni; 02-14-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2003 Jeep Wrangler 8" lift
My Story

Originally Posted by houdni
just get the folding front license plate....cool product....plus no need worry about cops giving you a front license ticket...though product kinda costly.

i got one for the suby...its pretty cool...viewed my wife driving from the rear...and when it folds...plates get hard to read....if your worried about noise...havent had any issue with noise or rattle from the product.

http://www.renickmotorsports.com/osc...oducts_id=1919
I bought this a while back and its great. Had a cop look at it. he said he thought my plate was pointed down. LOL luckily he didnt touch it. He said uh sorry thought you had an illedel plate. LOL

My stupid ticket story goes like this.

Im parked along the curb in front of Vakamon. I was about 20 feet from the car talking on my phone. I look over and notice this cop had just started writing me a ticket. I ran over and said "Whoa man, what's up?" He said "I'm giving you a ticket because you are parked to close to the intersection." Now, I know that you cant park right on the corner, but if you look at Vakamon's driveway in relation to the corner it is well over 20 feet from the corner. I was parked with my front tire right next to the curb where it meets Vakamons driveway. Anyways I tell the cop "I'll move the car, I was just standing right here anyways" He says "Nope, I already started writing the ticket." Well, that burned my a** so I tell him "That's a bullsh*t excuse" Well, mister rigid didnt like that at all. He proceeds to tell me "You better watch your mouth or I'll start writing you more tickets." Well, I dont like being threatened so I say "WTF are you going to write me tickets for?" OK, quick backstory. My car was COMPLETELY stock. I had a turbo timer installed and that was all. The cop tells me "I'll give you a bunch of tickets for not having recon." I said "WTF do I need a recon for?!?" Mister Idiot then tells me "That wing is not stock." I said "Bullsh*t, it is too stock." He said "those rims are not stock. Once again I say "Bullsh*t, they are to stock." He says "That exhaust is not stock." At this point I am through playing around witih this ***. I say "Sir, clearly you know NOTHING about cars. I have done NOTHING to my car. that is the reason I am here. So I can get some goodies." Then he says "you shouldnt come here, they only do illegel stuff here." I thought about it for a second and towo things came to mind 1. Stop talking and let him leave or 2. keep screwing with him. I picked 2. I say "REALLY?!? they sell drugs here?" He says "no". I say "They sell prostitutes here?" He says "no". I say "they house criminals?" He says "no, they sell illegal parts" I say " REALLY they sell stolen stuff here?" Well, at this point he must have figured out that I was screwing with him cause he went to put the ticket under my wiper and missed so he had to chase it about 30 yards down the street then march back over and hand it to me. I had to laugh at that...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by cmm929
I bought this a while back and its great. Had a cop look at it. he said he thought my plate was pointed down. LOL luckily he didnt touch it. He said uh sorry thought you had an illedel plate. LOL

My stupid ticket story goes like this.

Im parked along the curb in front of Vakamon. I was about 20 feet from the car talking on my phone. I look over and notice this cop had just started writing me a ticket. I ran over and said "Whoa man, what's up?" He said "I'm giving you a ticket because you are parked to close to the intersection." Now, I know that you cant park right on the corner, but if you look at Vakamon's driveway in relation to the corner it is well over 20 feet from the corner. I was parked with my front tire right next to the curb where it meets Vakamons driveway. Anyways I tell the cop "I'll move the car, I was just standing right here anyways" He says "Nope, I already started writing the ticket." Well, that burned my a** so I tell him "That's a bullsh*t excuse" Well, mister rigid didnt like that at all. He proceeds to tell me "You better watch your mouth or I'll start writing you more tickets." Well, I dont like being threatened so I say "WTF are you going to write me tickets for?" OK, quick backstory. My car was COMPLETELY stock. I had a turbo timer installed and that was all. The cop tells me "I'll give you a bunch of tickets for not having recon." I said "WTF do I need a recon for?!?" Mister Idiot then tells me "That wing is not stock." I said "Bullsh*t, it is too stock." He said "those rims are not stock. Once again I say "Bullsh*t, they are to stock." He says "That exhaust is not stock." At this point I am through playing around witih this ***. I say "Sir, clearly you know NOTHING about cars. I have done NOTHING to my car. that is the reason I am here. So I can get some goodies." Then he says "you shouldnt come here, they only do illegel stuff here." I thought about it for a second and towo things came to mind 1. Stop talking and let him leave or 2. keep screwing with him. I picked 2. I say "REALLY?!? they sell drugs here?" He says "no". I say "They sell prostitutes here?" He says "no". I say "they house criminals?" He says "no, they sell illegal parts" I say " REALLY they sell stolen stuff here?" Well, at this point he must have figured out that I was screwing with him cause he went to put the ticket under my wiper and missed so he had to chase it about 30 yards down the street then march back over and hand it to me. I had to laugh at that...

Wow...That sucks bro. Ryan use to tell me about the "parking raids" in front of vakamon. Alot of people park right in front of the lifts and sometimes theres cars parked on the corner, blocking the sidewalk, double parking in the stalls accross the street, or not paying the meter. Before, police use to come out of nowhere, and start writing tickets and customers running out to move there cars were told not to move. They havent done a parking raid in awhile.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
^^^^^ yesss i love it!!! i recently got pulled over by a rookie (by the way in nuuanu kailua downtown ewa beach and waikiki they just released a whole crap load of rookies on us so those are usually the ones that write dumb azz tickets) anyways got pulled over and got the you need a recon and what not he couldnt even tell me what i need a recon for so im like whatever write me a ticket and dont be too bummed out when the judge reams you for wasting the courts time for a dumb ticket like the one you wrote so he says im getting wise and i better watch it.....then i got extra wise!! lol and pretty much went off about how stupid i thought he was wasting time writing useless tickets when he should be busting the cronic tweakers down at the beach park instead!! then...... his superior shows up and guess what ......hes driving a fully supped up car (not going to say what kind other than that it was american)) i mean suspention exhaust rims and all!! and LOUD!!! the rookie drives off and i talk with the other cop who was super cool by the way i explain what just happened and he say ahh its allright just take it to court and get it thrown out im like ok then i tell him hey im not trying to be a wise azz or anything but doesnt your car have all kine aftermarket stuff on it??? wheres your recon??? he just smiles at me and says have a good day and drive safe then i was thinking wow what a double standard the hpd sets they can drive fully supped up cars with no recon but the public who pays their salary which in turn pays for their aftermarket parts cant and get hasseled by cops who know nothing about cars whats up with that???
Old 02-14-2008, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
^^ ******* cops.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i think i know of the car your talking about is it white if so yup i know who your talking about i seen him at night in kaneohe with HID headlights and fog lights lol
Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
Nice Diagram McLovin!

I have only had a few encounters with the police here, mostly dealing with illegal activities at the neighbors, and so far they have been unbelievably unprofessional and highly biased.
Maybe I have had to deal with the few bad apples of the bunch but geesh, it does not give me much confidence in them.
Good luck
Old 02-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
I just wanna add that i have had my car new since 2004 and have never been hassled by windward's finest. Back in 04 when the GGA/GDA/GDB's first came out, the kaneohe beat HPD mustang's used to beg me to SAMPO...haha. Well, one of em is a black cobra, i knew he was badazz, i just said to him nah, i can't take you, he laughed, peeled out and i've NEVER been hassled since. It probably helped me that i was the only blue wagon living around here for 3 years. Then again that also makes you "marked", so you had better drive safe, or a brick or ***** a gonna come your way.
Good luck with your outcome, Dave.

Quick Reply: "Bulls**t Ticket" Post up your stories....