Big Thanks to Ryan and the Vakamon Crew!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Big Thanks to Ryan and the Vakamon Crew!

:straw: So yesterday was "The" day...finally gathered up most of the parts needed for my FMIC project...thanks to Dan (Ojichan STI) for providing me with a FMIC core...and Ryan and the crew for custom cutting and fabricating of brackets and such...the patience and expertise that went into the install is beyond words...

My FMIC kit consists of:

APS DR725 piping/sleeves/brackets with a WBR fmic core...luckily, the two worked together well...but many brackets were missing...necessitating the expertise of Ryan and his mad fabrication skills...man...is it a work of art...

THANKS!!!

Now I have to clean up what was underneath the TMIC...

From left to right...

1. Before FMIC install
2. After FMIC install
3. After a bit of cleanup (needs more) and with accessories installed.
4. Front Pic

I still have my dual catch can setup...the other one is lower and behind the visible one...
Attached Thumbnails Big Thanks to Ryan and the Vakamon Crew!-1.jpg   Big Thanks to Ryan and the Vakamon Crew!-2.jpg   Big Thanks to Ryan and the Vakamon Crew!-3.jpg   Big Thanks to Ryan and the Vakamon Crew!-4.jpg  

Last edited by Island Style; 05-05-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
Nice Brent! We need Pics!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:32 PM

Hey Roel,

Yeah..after I clean up and reinstall some of my hardware (catchcans, strutbar, hypervoltage etc...I'll take some nice pictures...

The APS piping is a bit scratched up but works well...
Old 05-03-2007, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Right on Brent!

Makes your STI that much more fun drive now.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by ojichan sti
Right on Brent!

Makes your STI that much more fun drive now.
And makes it look COOL!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Hey Brent, Sweet

We Want Pics!!! We Want Pics!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:31 PM

Thanks guys...

yeah, I'll take some "Before" pics... hopefully the "After" pics will show an improvement...ok...I'll take some tonight.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:27 PM

Car Info: car
ahh finally the front mount is in lol..
Old 05-05-2007, 12:41 AM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx
Sup brent,
Is it wrinkle red or SS piping?
Old 05-05-2007, 12:55 AM

It's the SS...

I heard APS stopped making the red one, so I believe this is a pretty new set of pipes...

Lucked out, with a heads up by Bran808, he pointed me toward these pipes from a guy on NASIOC that killed his front mount...I was able to just pick up the pipes...and Daniel hooked me up with this front mount...it's like it was meant to be...

Finally hooked everything up tonight...looks pretty nice...too late to take/post pics though...I'll try tomorrow...

I am real happy with the way it turned out...even without a tune, the car seems happier/smoother...

BTW...very interesting, my blow-off valve sound is totally different....right now I am running the HKS 100% atmo with the purple insert...now I am getting that

cha cha cha chaaaa type of sound...ironically, about 3 years ago, I was looking for a blow off valve that made this sound...it sounds like those cool JDM Supra's....
Old 05-05-2007, 09:35 AM

Pics are up...

Before and After shots...

Still need to clean up...and wash the car...
Old 05-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Hey brent,

The voltage stabilizer looks good where its at. What is it mounted too?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:23 PM

After a lot of head scratching...

I decided to turn the bracket around and mount it to one of the blow off valve flanges...worked out perfect...the wires were all matched up lengthwise as well...

Took it for spin this morning...all is well, and after adjusting my DTEC...the car appears to be running better than without the FMIC...
Old 05-05-2007, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Island Style
I heard APS stopped making the red one, so I believe this is a pretty new set of pipes...

Lucked out, with a heads up by Bran808, he pointed me toward these pipes from a guy on NASIOC that killed his front mount...I was able to just pick up the pipes...and Daniel hooked me up with this front mount...it's like it was meant to be...

Finally hooked everything up tonight...looks pretty nice...too late to take/post pics though...I'll try tomorrow...

I am real happy with the way it turned out...even without a tune, the car seems happier/smoother...

BTW...very interesting, my blow-off valve sound is totally different....right now I am running the HKS 100% atmo with the purple insert...now I am getting that

cha cha cha chaaaa type of sound...ironically, about 3 years ago, I was looking for a blow off valve that made this sound...it sounds like those cool JDM Supra's....
I remember when you were looking for that sound...I think the only person I knew with that sound was Jon and his R2D2 BOV.

So my question is...how much did it all cost you (install and all) and was it worth buying it like this rather than a full kit?

It looks great!
Old 05-05-2007, 03:12 PM

Hey Blake...

Not sure I would do this again...but like I said...I believe it was meant to be...

Dan had an extra FMIC...I picked up the pipes relatively cheap...looking for the blow off valve flange...mentioned it to Bran808 and Daniel...Brandon says...hey, I have one...

I took a big chance...I studied and compared a lot of piping and FMIC's...the APS piping looked to match up with the WBR FMIC...

I took it in to Vakamon for Ryan to look at...as usual, he says..."No Sweat..." For him, it is no sweat...but it definitely took longer to install than a bolt on...

So really, I spent about how much a good used APS system would have cost less the installation fees...

If I didn't have the core, I would have ordered a SSAC Ebay system...it would have been cheaper...

I originally had my GFB Stealth on...and that sounded pretty cool...wanted to check out the HKS...put the purple insert in...and wow...pleasantly surprised...

Under low boost...it makes that cha cha cha..chaaaa sound but under high boost...it makes that same "squish" kind of sound the supra makes...it's really cool man...

I know most of the Supra's use either the HKS or Greddy bov...I'm wondering what the Greddy would sound like on my car now...may pick one up just for the heck of it...

Last edited by Island Style; 05-05-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Big Thanks to Ryan and the Vakamon Crew!