Badge of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 2010 2.5i Steel Silver Legacy
my vin isn't recognized either...because we're not part of subaru of america...we got our cars from subaru of hawaii.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
^ So hawaii is not america anymore?
Old 05-30-2010, 04:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
according to some in Hawaii they want there land back but that is a different thread.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Nacron
my vin isn't recognized either...because we're not part of subaru of america...we got our cars from subaru of hawaii.
Dude, like I said, call the 800 number and kau inoa, I mean, place your VIN with Subaru. They'll take care of you
Old 05-31-2010, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
just for subaru...because the only dealership on oahu AND the warranty group is owned by the same entity and is separate from SOA.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:58 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Originally Posted by Yeeman
I'll get one once they make one with a dented guardrail.
should be dented guardrail and FTD
Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
I just placed my order "3rd Subaru w/Mechanical & Performance Badges" My VIN number went threw, no problum. I'm waiting for a "Totaled A Subaru" and "Excessive Tickets" Badge to be made JK

Last edited by Haole-Pino; 06-01-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 1995 dodge neon
The local Servco Dealerships do not go through SOA, Toyota of America, Lexus or any of the american distributors. Servco uses their own distributor.

I found this out the hard way.

Try dealing with Servco Lexus for warranty issues. You will get the run around like nothing I have ever seen. They dont have to answer to anyone but themselves.

When my wrx was less than 5 years old, with only 38,000 miles Servco would not warranty my engine that spun a bearing...the only thing aftermarket was exhaust and springs.

I have worked at multiple dealerships, and an engine with that low of miles is always replaced for free. It is called standing behind what you sell. I have personally replaced low mileage engines that were way past the time limitations for warranty. Yes it may cost the dealer and distibutor a little, but not as much as loosing a customer for life.

I will personally never make a purchase at the local Lexus dealer ever again, and this is over a faulty strut cap that they wouldnt replace (calling it a wear item such as a belt or wiper blade)...while the vehicle had a $2000 certified used lexus warranty. And they also wanted a **** load for a window switch, while under the same warranty (that clearly stated that electrical was covedred, Servco called it a trim peice and wanted twice retail price for it). Their customer service quality is nothing close to what is to be expected from Lexus. They and lied to me, thinking I knew nothing about cars because I came in in my business atire. Funny, because I know as much or more than their best technician.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by spinplay01
The local Servco Dealerships do not go through SOA, Toyota of America, Lexus or any of the american distributors. Servco uses their own distributor.

Try dealing with Servco Lexus for warranty issues. You will get the run around like nothing I have ever seen. They dont have to answer to anyone but themselves.

When my wrx was less than 5 years old, with only 38,000 miles Servco would not warranty my engine that spun a bearing...the only thing aftermarket was exhaust and springs.

I have worked at multiple dealerships, and an engine with that low of miles is always replaced for free. It is called standing behind what you sell. I have personally replaced low mileage engines that were way past the time limitations for warranty. Yes it may cost the dealer and distibutor a little, but not as much as loosing a customer for life.

I will personally never make a purchase at the local Lexus dealer ever again, and this is over a faulty strut cap that they wouldnt replace (calling it a wear item such as a belt or wiper blade)...while the vehicle had a $2000 certified used lexus warranty. And they also wanted a **** load for a window switch, while under the same warranty (that clearly stated that electrical was covedred, Servco called it a trim peice and wanted twice retail price for it). Their customer service quality is nothing close to what is to be expected from Lexus. They and lied to me, thinking I knew nothing about cars because I came in in my business atire. Funny, because I know as much or more than their best technician.
amen, if you want to get warranty work from servco, expect to hire a lawyer.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by spinplay01

funny...I had no problems with getting Servco to warranty my Scion Xb when I had an emissions issue. crazy thing to is I had like less than a month left before my warranty ran out. same thing goes with Servco Subaru. I went in to have my seat belts on my GC replaced and they had no issues in doing so and my GC is 01 waaaaay past its warranty. I guess its the luck of the draw.

anyhow lets stay on topic here.

Last edited by 4080wrx; 06-02-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Car Info: 03 subaru wrx
100k club i totally rock that one
Old 06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
I need to get one so it can show that I've owned 6 Subies...
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
I need to get one so it can show that I've owned 6 Subies...
yes you'll be the first to get the "sellout" badge
Old 06-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
bite to the gooch, man. lol
Old 06-07-2010, 03:59 AM

denial of warranty service badge?