Attn HIIC - Re:JSC Speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Attn HIIC - Re:JSC Speed

Just wondered your experiences with this company. Also with shipping costs.

I have ordered from many places before that have'nt charged me extra for shipping.
There was a thread on another site, as they were a sponsored vendor. The thread asked to pm for prices, and so i did. I gave them the correct zipcode and notified them as to where it would be shipped to. I got the same quote as anywhere else in the lower 48 states. So i paypaled them the cash on saturday.
On monday i get my receipt via email, as well as another email stating that my shipping quote was in correct. The quote was $30 to the continental US. To ship to me, they were needing an additional $90. So what it costs $30 to ship to them costs $120 to ship to us. It is wednesday evening and so far no response. I suspect they don't care too much as they already have my money. I want to give them every opportunity to rectify the situation and do what is ethical for any business to do. Stand by their values and show some accountability. And as those of you know, I am a fair guy who if it was me, would have shipped it out, because that was my word.
I am still awaiting a response.

I just wanted to give HIIC notice before they order a part from them, only to get told shipping is 4x more that what you already paid.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 06 leggy gt
i have had nothing but great experience with JSC...fast shipping and good prices
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Originally Posted by rigos_gt
i have had nothing but great experience with JSC...fast shipping and good prices
Same here...
Old 03-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
well if you PM'd them and requested a shipping quote to Hawaii based on the city and zip code and it was the same amount for us as it is for the continental us then they need to honor that price since you paid in full for what was quoted. A lot of companies likes to jack up shipping to Hawaii since they feel that we're not a part of the USA. If they had any type of good business ethics then they would honor the quote that was given in writing to you and ship out your product. It is NOT your fault that they didn't give you the proper shipping cost.

I'm so tired of being ripped of for shipping since I live in Hawaii.

Jon
Old 09-21-2007, 11:40 AM

Re: Perrin Performance

I did not receive any of the hardware associated with this kit from JSC, but i only recently found out that the gaskets, bolts and washers were part of it. I contacted JSC on an open forum, and they said they'll see what they could do. However, i also contacted Perrin directly, and they said they would gladly send what i needed, just make a list. So I did, emailed back, and received a personal email from someone over there saying they would get it shipped out to me ASAP. These guys are AWESOME. +1 PErrin will continue to get my business as far as I am concerned.............
Old 09-21-2007, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
I ordered from them twice. Both times got my stuff very quick and got charged minimal shipping. At the time they were not like the companies trying to make a buck out of charging 'additonal handling fees because you're in hawaii'.

Things may have changed thought - my experience is from over a year ago.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Hey Chris

Hey Chris, your situation reminds me of someone else's situation!! Well I hope your rectification goes better!!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
I ordered twice from them in the past. First was my TBE and then my body kit. The TBE they gave the best price available anywhere shipped to Hawaii, it just just took 2 weeks. But who cares I got a good price. Then my body kit, they charged me an additional $100 on top for shipping but again kinda expected considering the box size. I have nothing but good things to say about JSC so hope everything works out for you.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I'd like to remind you guys that my friends at www.turninconcepts.com charge the same to HI as anywhere else (MOST TIMES FREE).

Plus, the 2 guys that run the place are REALLY NICE and have helped me a bunch of times free of charge.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
What the status??

Hey Chris, I was wondering whats the status..Mines is still pending.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:29 PM

Perrin has sent my items via fedex. JSC said to let them know if i can't contact perrin. So far, Perrin seems to have great customer service. Over the years i have ordered from many vendors. Some of the best are Oakos, Gruppe-s, and many others. JSC is on the bottom of my list. Many people entrust them with their business, b/c they only sell what they stock, but when you take someones money as payment in full, you can't ask for more money. We can't shake hands through the internet, but i consider that a deal, and my stuff should be sent. I have ordered without any problems from gruppe-s, and they even give discounts since they know shipping charges are high here in hawaii. anyway, when my hardware comes in, I'll post it.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:48 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Vive Perrin!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
lol funny thing too i just pm'd them on nasioc and got the same kind of garbage....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91sleeper
just have a couple questions. is there a difference in the bars between the street and competition/auto-x or is it just the endlinks that make the difference? also how much for the street shiped to 96797? thanks!

Besides the endlinks the Comp kits have a stiffer rear bar. The Street kit rear bar has 3-positions: 50%,90%, and 160% stiffer. The Comp kit is: 71%,123%, and 200% stiffer. Both bars are the same 25.4mm (1") diameter.

The STi and WRX Street kits are $349 shipped in the lower 48 (PA add 6% tax). I have these in stock and they can ship the same they are ordered. I accept PayPal to sales@jscspeed.com (include "Attn: NASIOC" and the yr/mk/mdl of car and what parts you are ordering). I also accept credit cards over the phone. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Cheers!
Justin
justin@jscspeed.com

i guess they just don't bother to read. if i had just sent them the money i'm sure they would be asking me for more too. clearly they need to hire a monkey to proofread their responses.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:32 PM

lol funny thing too i just pm'd them on nasioc and got the same kind of garbage....

Quote:
just have a couple questions. is there a difference in the bars between the street and competition/auto-x or is it just the endlinks that make the difference? also how much for the street shiped to 96797? thanks!

Besides the endlinks the Comp kits have a stiffer rear bar. The Street kit rear bar has 3-positions: 50%,90%, and 160% stiffer. The Comp kit is: 71%,123%, and 200% stiffer. Both bars are the same 25.4mm (1") diameter.

The STi and WRX Street kits are $349 shipped in the lower 48 (PA add 6% tax). I have these in stock and they can ship the same they are ordered. I accept PayPal to sales@jscspeed.com (include "Attn: NASIOC" and the yr/mk/mdl of car and what parts you are ordering). I also accept credit cards over the phone. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Cheers!
Justin
justin@jscspeed.com

i guess they just don't bother to read. if i had just sent them the money i'm sure they would be asking me for more too. clearly they need to hire a monkey to proofread their responses.
Agreed^^ althugh i didn't deal with justin, i dealt with a similar monkey. Oh yeah speaking of monkeys, i also went by munkeywerks today and met Sean. Cool guy, cool shop, bought some lugnuts, but they were out of my muffler bearings.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:37 PM

Update

---------------------UPDATE-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fed Ex just came to my door and brought over some interesting hardware. No wonder i had an exhaust leak, you should see the clamp that JSC "neglected" to ship to me, as well as 4 gaskets and 8 exhaust bolts, washers and nuts.
We can put this to rest. But lesson learned, i will not be ordering from JSC Speed anymore, and also, make sure to ask when ordering exhaust related components that they send you all the hardware too, not just the pipes.
Perrin shipped fast and FREE!!! +1111eleventy!!!!!111111 Perrin FTMFW!!!
Ok this thread can forever die now.

Quick Reply: Attn HIIC - Re:JSC Speed