ATTN: Everyone gdogg needs a hug.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
ATTN: Everyone gdogg needs a hug.......

Well I get this PM..........

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gdogg wrote on 12-29-2003 08:18 PM:

i read your replies to my posts. let me ask you this... is it your agenda to always reply that way to my posts? do you seriously think i postwhore?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

........So I replied with this.............

Re:serious
Who is this? I don't even know you? I really don't care what you post. I haven't been keeping track of your posts, but I'll keep an eye out now. Do you want me to have an agenda?
Now having said that.......

95% of the HIIC all know each other, and are serious about performance/motorsports. We BS a lot but that is because we are tight. We don't like people turning the HIIC in to forumshawaii. This isn't just me, ask anyone. Ask yourself this then ask if you are postwhoreing....

1)Have you come to a HIIC install days, got your hands dirty, met some of us.

2) Have you contributed anything of "worth" to the forum?

3) Been out to a track day, SCCA solo 2 or the Drags with any of us?

....Well he then replied with this...........

Re:serious
dude,

believe me i would love to meet up with some of you guys during your meets. i don't have that luxury to attend those meets. work, family demands too much at this time. i am sure that i met you at the tft cruise if you went. i was at chilis if you were there. i know that everyone there was cool. my whole beef with this forum(not a big deal) is the mafia type of atmosphere it can tend to be when someone who obviously is new to this forum stuff... its like the people who are tight with each other tend to jump on the new guys who seem to not really know much(about the "rules") like as if they were idiots. seriously its not a big deal. i am from hawaii, i lived in s.c.(where racism/hostility are common) for 8 years and i just feel like the hawaii forum could be a little more welcoming. thats all. . .

Last edited by Mach5WRX; 01-02-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Angry Dan

So we need to be nicer ok everyone?
Old 01-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Angry Dan

Now I ask this...............

Would you go into a small local bar in the middle of anywhere and just start shooting your mouth off like you are one of the boys?

I wouldn't. This is the same thing a small local group of very good friends that get together to talk and share ideas. But come on gdogg......"mafia type of atmosphere"? We help everyone.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Angry Dan

.....Oh I only want to bring this out to "try and fix" a "problem" that maybe out there. I'm not starting anything.

Plus if Alex had a problem with the way me or any one else in the HIIC were doing things, I think he'd let us know.

Last edited by Mach5WRX; 01-02-2004 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:25 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
umm...
Old 01-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Angry Dan

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
umm...
No it's not, He's saying "we" are mean....So I'm letting "we" know.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Re: ATTN: Everyone gdogg needs a hug.......

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
my whole beef with this forum(not a big deal) is the mafia type of atmosphere it can tend to be when someone who obviously is new to this forum stuff... its like the people who are tight with each other tend to jump on the new guys who seem to not really know much(about the "rules") like as if they were idiots. seriously its not a big deal. i am from hawaii, i lived in s.c.(where racism/hostility are common) for 8 years and i just feel like the hawaii forum could be a little more welcoming. thats all. . .
To Gdogg...I don't know what the rules are...at least not the i-club rules (I've learned a few in some discussions with Alex, though )

Believe me, everyone on here trolled for a while before they started posting. It can seem to be a meat grinder at times, but usually the only thing that get's folks irritated is when someone comes on stating their 'opinions' like they are fact, and it's most usually when they're talking about automotive stuff.

I got no beef with you, although you did seem like someone who wanted to fit in and right now.

Seriously, everyone is treated according to their posts. If they want help (with something they've already done some research on, but couldn't find anything) they get help. If they want to sell something and they're fairly new, they usually get treated with a little bit of caution. If they want to be confrontational and argumentative, they get the same treatment.

What's nice about the HIIC is that it is a small island. You can get to know folks that you're talking online with, in person. There is NO requirement that someone comes to install days and track events, but it helps to become familiar to people. Hell, dude. We all have job and a lot of us have families. But this is a car (Subaru) enthusiasts' site. We make time to attend events. We want to get to know each other personally. Here on Oahu, that's especially important when Suby parts are hard to come by and shipping costs are so high. You can buy off of your HIIC buddy, especially if you know and trust the guy.

Lighten up, Francis.

Come turn some wrenches on Saturday.

Last edited by gpatmac; 01-02-2004 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:45 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Originally posted by Mach5WRX
No it's not, He's saying "we" are mean....So I'm letting "we" know.
I'll set aside whether I agree with you or not and focus on the part that still thinks that you're airing some dirty laundry by posting PM's in a public forum.

Bad style in my book unless something really warrants it.

Are you really that mad about this?

Just IMHO, Bro.

:-/
Old 01-02-2004, 06:31 AM
Angry Dan

I'll set aside whether I agree with you or not and focus on the part that still thinks that you're airing some dirty laundry by posting PM's in a public forum.

Bad style in my book unless something really warrants it.

Are you really that mad about this?

Just IMHO, Bro.

:-/

Yes I am really mad about this.

First off, I'm sick of being the bad guy all the time. I guess as the leader of of all the "evil HIIC'ers" it my job to take it.

Second, this guy wants cry & complain, but then stops taking PM's from me after one reply. It's almost like he wants to jab, jab ...oh I don't want to play anymore?
Old 01-02-2004, 12:03 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Well you are the bad guy I get scared just talking to you...No I think there is a difference with someone who speaks their mind (Mach5WRX) compared to people that try to belittle others every chance they get. Hey if ya can't take the heat get the HE!! out the kitchen well that's my $.02...
Old 01-02-2004, 12:32 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Come out and meet everyone so that we can put a face with the name...

I know that when I first met everyone I felt very similar to the way you are feeling gdogg... don't take things so personally and as much as possible meet and get to know people...

EVERYONE WILL BE COOL WITH EACH OTHER ONCE WE ALL GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER!

JON
Old 01-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
umm...
Very true. I understand why you are upset Dan and I also understand why you brought this up. Just relax dude...you aren't the evil a$$ of the group all by yourself...

...We all are! (you just happen to speak your mind).

gdogg, no reason to worry about it. Angry Dan and the rest of us are not a$$holes...just come out and meet us and talk to us...I'm sure everything will be straightened out.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
smile everyone
Old 01-03-2004, 03:59 AM

Car Info: 2001 2.5RS Sedan
ahh... I'm in the same position as gdogg or something. I'm afraid to post or attend meets because I feel kinda left out and stuff. I am part of the younger ones in HIIC and often feel that I don't fit in. It's hard to talk with people because I don't know much about subarus yet. I'm also afraid to attend install days because I feel that I have nothing to contribute. I feel welcomed, but inferior because of like my lack of knowledge. I would like to meet everyone sometime and hopefully become friends with all you great people. I have a lot to learn and I hope and know that you all will be there to guide me. You all are a bunch of great guys (I know it) and I hope the best for everyone in HIIC. Oh yea, Happy New Year everyone!!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 04:03 AM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Talking

So what are you doing tommorrow?? Come out to the install day.

Quick Reply: ATTN: Everyone gdogg needs a hug.......