Anyone have a boost gauge I can borrow?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 10:40 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Anyone have a boost gauge I can borrow?

Just looking for a simple boost gauge so I can verify what the Profec is showing.

Also, I read somewhere that possibly in 1st and 2nd you wont see full 14psi or so boost? Is this true? I am seeing only 10psi in 1st and 2nd, havent found room lately to run in 3rd/4th.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:44 PM

I've seen 15-16 psi in 3rd and potentially 2nd (I check the hold function on my gauge afterwards). I tend to shift to 2nd fairly quick, but suspect you won't see as much boost. If you are only seeing 14 psi you may want to push the gas pedal in a little more

BTW, did you get the red condoms for the HVAC lights? I passed them on during the last install day in hopes they would make it to you.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:29 AM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Dave,

I have a Blitz boost gauge you could borrow. I'm not sure if I still have all the parts though.

Do you have my number? Give me a call.

chris
Old 08-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
as long as you have the gauge, dave and I can make it work. I'll buy the hoses and hook it up for him. We're just going to use it for tuning purposes. I owe Dave a lot, so I'm using that as an excuse to work on the STi with him!

BTW, boost controller works great Dave!
Old 08-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
i also got an autometer b/g
Old 08-29-2003, 06:11 AM

Originally posted by mehlt
I've seen 15-16 psi in 3rd and potentially 2nd (I check the hold function on my gauge afterwards). I tend to shift to 2nd fairly quick, but suspect you won't see as much boost. If you are only seeing 14 psi you may want to push the gas pedal in a little more

BTW, did you get the red condoms for the HVAC lights? I passed them on during the last install day in hopes they would make it to you.
I may not go to the track (yet), but I do drive the car hard, ask Dom. Im not lightfooted by any means and we did 1st and 2nd wot redline runs in both gears and got exactly 10psi each time. Just need the gauge to verify what the profec is telling us before setting it higher. Its set to not interfere with boost control and use stock levels, but if we are only seeing 10psi it just doesnt seem right.

I think Andrew has the light covers and I just need to hook up with him. I owe ya a whole whopping $2 right. Hope you dont charge interest.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by Chibby Goku
Dave,

I have a Blitz boost gauge you could borrow. I'm not sure if I still have all the parts though.

Do you have my number? Give me a call.

chris
Hey Chris,

Dont have your number anymore. Had it on the cell, but not there anymore. Shoot it to me and I will give you a call.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-29-2003, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by Nolimit
i also got an autometer b/g
Thanks Sean might take you up on that.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by DaveWRX
Its set to not interfere with boost control and use stock levels, but if we are only seeing 10psi it just doesnt seem right.

I think Andrew has the light covers and I just need to hook up with him. I owe ya a whole whopping $2 right. Hope you dont charge interest.
10 psi does seem a little low for 2nd, but I'll try to do a 2nd gear pull without going to 3rd and see what I get. When I do a hard pull like that I'm usually running at around 2-3K RPM in 2nd when I go WOT.

Interest rates are still low. Seriously though, I'm not too concerned about the $2. I'm sure we'll bump into each other eventually. I just wanted to verify you got em.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by mehlt
10 psi does seem a little low for 2nd, but I'll try to do a 2nd gear pull without going to 3rd and see what I get. When I do a hard pull like that I'm usually running at around 2-3K RPM in 2nd when I go WOT.

Interest rates are still low. Seriously though, I'm not too concerned about the $2. I'm sure we'll bump into each other eventually. I just wanted to verify you got em.
Cool much appreciated. I have done the same pulls. I also did a wot run from 1st and shifted to 2nd high in the rpms til redline and still nada. its peaking exactly at 10psi so it seems like its set or something, but I have it set to OFF. Not wanting to bump it up much til I see whats going on. It has felt slower since getting the e-01 installed tho. I can feel it doesnt have the same power during hard runs.

Yeah Ill keep a couple ones on me for when we meet up. Who knows might even be at auto-x. NO WAY!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:50 AM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
its peaking exactly at 10psi so it seems like its set or something, but I have it set to OFF.
I might be confused, but let me ask you a few questions. I think it might help figure this out.

1. Is your e-01 completely hooked up?

2. What psi are you getting in 3rd-6th?

3. Did you hook up a boost gauge before you did anything else?

If you said yes to one and you said you had the boost turned off, you are only getting wastegate boost. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you said yes to two, you just confirmed number one.

I asked number three just because I would have, just to check.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:40 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
i am having some major league problems with my greddy e-01...i am not even getting stock boost levels right now, that's why i wasn't there. i have been calling greddy and looking on nasioc, but still no resolutions. oh, i also called god (dan)...
- Another STi owner with the Profec
His turned out to be a problem with the install. Just double-check all the hoses.

Last edited by palaban; 08-29-2003 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by 18hrwrx
I might be confused, but let me ask you a few questions. I think it might help figure this out.

Install done by Speedgear, I am "hoping" they installed it correctly. I checked what connections I could and they seem ok, but again I couldnt install it myself so I wouldnt know all the connections. I traced out all I could.

Update for this, only 8psi in all gears. And I agree I am only getting wastegate boost, Dom and I were talking and its probably about 7.5-8psi wastegate. I ran it today in 1st-4th wot to redline and still 8psi.

3. Did you hook up a boost gauge before you did anything else?
No. Dont have one. Was relying on the e-01 to be the gauge so never got one. Need one now tho to troubleshoot.

If you said yes to one and you said you had the boost turned off, you are only getting wastegate boost. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you said yes to two, you just confirmed number one.

I asked number three just because I would have, just to check.
My answers in bold...
Old 08-29-2003, 10:38 PM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
but I have it set to OFF.

Install done by Speedgear, I am "hoping" they installed it correctly. I checked what connections I could and they seem ok, but again I couldnt install it myself so I wouldnt know all the connections. I traced out all I could.

Update for this, only 8psi in all gears. And I agree I am only getting wastegate boost, Dom and I were talking and its probably about 7.5-8psi wastegate. I ran it today in 1st-4th wot to redline and still 8psi.

I think if you read it carefully, you would figure out your problem. Start with the first quote.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:58 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a boost gauge I can borrow?