Anyone been to Seattle or is from Seattle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
Anyone been to Seattle or is from Seattle?

Planning on going there to visit my step sister and her family. Anyone know whats some nice places to go or shop?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 AM

Car Info: 05 wrb wrx wagon
depends on what you're into. the experience music project is pretty cool for a first time visit, and the sci-fi museum also (they're connected). there's a lot of places at the pier (like pikes market), and shopping around the area as well. bimbos cantina up in capitol hill has some pretty tasty burritos and a nice bar downstairs. then of course there's always the space needle. some nice 360 views if you're into photography. if you wanna see bruce & brandon lee's grave, it's in lake view cemetary. then there's gas works on the north side of lake union.
oh, another good bar is brower's, on N phinney ave & N 35th. there's some good food at dad watsons, or royal grinders. both are around the area of N 36th & freemont. and if you're in that area, check out the freemont troll, it's on N 36th, under the aurora bridge.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:29 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
I believe Brandon(WRX-Zero) is living in Seattle atm.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
Originally Posted by mokeOne
depends on what you're into. the experience music project is pretty cool for a first time visit, and the sci-fi museum also (they're connected). there's a lot of places at the pier (like pikes market), and shopping around the area as well. bimbos cantina up in capitol hill has some pretty tasty burritos and a nice bar downstairs. then of course there's always the space needle. some nice 360 views if you're into photography. if you wanna see bruce & brandon lee's grave, it's in lake view cemetary. then there's gas works on the north side of lake union.
oh, another good bar is brower's, on N phinney ave & N 35th. there's some good food at dad watsons, or royal grinders. both are around the area of N 36th & freemont. and if you're in that area, check out the freemont troll, it's on N 36th, under the aurora bridge.
sounds fun
Old 01-11-2010, 08:46 AM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Originally Posted by mokeOne
Haha, got it all right there! Are you originally from there, or just got family there?

I haven't been to Seattle in a long time, but yeah Pike's Market is a cool spot to check out. Lots of places to eat. In fact there was an episode of man vs. food on tv last night about seattle. They talked about this burger joint that is supposed to have some good burgers and some of the best onion rings out there. They also went to this place called the crab pot that has some pretty good fresh seafood............dumped straight onto your table. Sounds good to me.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Lived in Seattle for a year around 2001-2002. Pikes Place Market and the other tourist stuff are pretty obvious. There's that mall downtown...forget the name. I'd also hang out near the lake too...just not sure how to describe where I once was but there was a place where you could literally drive right down to the lake and there were shops/restaurants all along that street.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:43 PM

Car Info: 02 RS
other things to check out is the boeing plant in everrett. pretty cool place. also UW campus is nice along with the ave (universtiy avenue). depending on the time of year mt rainier is cool to check out.

the crab pot is on the water front behind pike's market near the seattle aquarium. good eats. if you want to indulge salty's is an all you can eat buffet on alki beach.

downtown for shopping is westlake. pretty small. there is south center near to the airport. up north of UW campus is northgate. this is also bellevue square across the lake.

i went to UW from 1997-2001. i just visited seattle last october for a friend's wedding.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brento
other things to check out is the boeing plant in everrett. pretty cool place. also UW campus is nice along with the ave (universtiy avenue). depending on the time of year mt rainier is cool to check out.

the crab pot is on the water front behind pike's market near the seattle aquarium. good eats. if you want to indulge salty's is an all you can eat buffet on alki beach.

downtown for shopping is westlake. pretty small. there is south center near to the airport. up north of UW campus is northgate. this is also bellevue square across the lake.

i went to UW from 1997-2001. i just visited seattle last october for a friend's wedding.
Aw dude...we may have partied together at teh Hawaiian Club after parties. Ha ha ha.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 05 wrb wrx wagon
Originally Posted by Bran808
Haha, got it all right there! Are you originally from there, or just got family there?
who me? i've got friends there, so i visit pretty often. we usually just hang out, drive around, and go watch bands haha
Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 AM

Car Info: cars
just went up to seattle before thanksgiving. it really depends on what you want to see and what you want to shop for. i'd also agree that you should check out experience music project.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 AM
VIP Member

^^^Yeah I think the EMP was just being opened or recently opened when I moved to Seattle. I'd still like to move back to the PNW but there are far fewer jobs for people like me over there.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 08 sti
i used to live in seattle. EMP is good. i would see a lot of bands too. i like the capitol hill area, almost bought a condo there. another big mall downtown is pacific place. if you're into movies, scarecrow videos is worth checking out. it's a huge indie video store in the university district. eastlake zoo tavern on lake union is pretty cool. they have pool tables, shuffle board, dart boards, and pinball. the green lake area is nice too. you can rent paddle boats, canoes, row boats.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 PM

u can travel up north to the outlet mall... good stuff there

check out kirkland or belivue nice places

boeing is most def something to see!! am going there next time around

get choke eating placings and coffee joints too
Old 01-13-2010, 01:24 PM

forgot say ivar's chower is great. when i was up there in october they were having a 99 cents deal on cups. normally it is like $3.50.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by bpang1
Aw dude...we may have partied together at teh Hawaiian Club after parties. Ha ha ha.
probably.

Quick Reply: Anyone been to Seattle or is from Seattle?