General Tech / How To's / Installations Technical discussions about the USDM 2008+ WRX and WRX STi.

2008 Impreza WRX - SPT Exhaust (4dr Sedan)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 AM

Car Info: Impreza WRX 2008

I just went to the dealer and order the SPT stainless steel cat back exhaust for my 08 impreza wrx. I'm so excited - the price was $334.00 + tax which came up to $359.92 and I confirmed with the dealer - it is a FULL catback exhaust system not just the mufflers like i've been readin on some forums...I'm waiting for SPT to release an intake of some sort...What do you guys think about the pink springs - dealer says it would give my WRX 1.5 inch drop all around... NYC roads are horrible, not sure if i wanna do that...any thoughts or suggestions from NY owners? I'm trying to keep the car as stock as possible...
Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08
.nice congrats!

as for the springs.. go for it! its not much of a drop where its gonna affect you on the roads and speed bumps.. maybe speed bumps but nothing crazy! you should be fine

Originally Posted by SPT WRX 2k8
I just went to the dealer and order the SPT stainless steel cat back exhaust for my 08 impreza wrx. I'm so excited - the price was $334.00 + tax which came up to $359.92 and I confirmed with the dealer - it is a FULL catback exhaust system not just the mufflers like i've been readin on some forums...I'm waiting for SPT to release an intake of some sort...What do you guys think about the pink springs - dealer says it would give my WRX 1.5 inch drop all around... NYC roads are horrible, not sure if i wanna do that...any thoughts or suggestions from NY owners? I'm trying to keep the car as stock as possible...
Old 05-24-2008, 09:37 PM

Car Info: 08 WRX 5dr TBE, Perrin TMIC, VF52
How does the SPT exhaust compare to other aftermarket options? The price sure isn't bad at all...

Rob
Old 05-27-2008, 12:35 PM

I ordered the springs and the fog light protectors - I believe its a clear lens that fits over the foglights to protect it from rocks and such... the springs + the foglight protectors came up to $253.92 - SPT WRX/STi pink springs were $200 bucks!

Originally Posted by thaSicness
.nice congrats!

as for the springs.. go for it! its not much of a drop where its gonna affect you on the roads and speed bumps.. maybe speed bumps but nothing crazy! you should be fine
Old 05-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Not sure how it compares but whatever I can do from the dealer or purchase from the dealer I'll do so I know I'm covered under warranty.

On a sad note I found a rust spot/paint chip on my hood...I have to take it to the service dept. to make a claim where they will take pics and send off to SOA to see if I'm covered by warranty on that issue.

Originally Posted by RobG
How does the SPT exhaust compare to other aftermarket options? The price sure isn't bad at all...

Rob
Old 06-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Dropped my car off today at the dealer bodyshop...the administrator said SOA wouldn't cover my chip then he went to talk to some other guy - other guy told him to make the customer happy and charge the job to the new car sale dept. so I get my car fixed for freee!!! I also had some scratches on my lip kit so the manager of the bodyshop charged me 300 bucks to redo it...i thought that was an awesome price!!!

Originally Posted by SPT WRX 2k8
Not sure how it compares but whatever I can do from the dealer or purchase from the dealer I'll do so I know I'm covered under warranty.

On a sad note I found a rust spot/paint chip on my hood...I have to take it to the service dept. to make a claim where they will take pics and send off to SOA to see if I'm covered by warranty on that issue.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
Originally Posted by RobG

Rob
i agree the price isnt bad at all buying from dealer.

i spoked to tylor of diablo subaru and he said that going with aftermarket exhaust will void the exhaust warrenty but not everything else but going with spt, it wont void it.

blow off valve will void the whole warrenty.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:40 PM

that's good to know...i believe the 08's come with some type of diverter valve which you can hear if you keep the radio off which i like to do sometimes to hear myself blow off so to speak....

Originally Posted by jinorazi
i agree the price isnt bad at all buying from dealer.

i spoked to tylor of diablo subaru and he said that going with aftermarket exhaust will void the exhaust warrenty but not everything else but going with spt, it wont void it.

blow off valve will void the whole warrenty.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 08 WRX 5dr TBE, Perrin TMIC, VF52
There's a law out there called the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act. It states that a dealer/manufacturer cannot arbitrarily void a vehicle warranty due to the addition of aftermarket parts.

If there is a warranty claim, they must prove that the aftermarket part directly contributed to the failure of the covered part. And then, and only then, can they void the warranty on that specific part.

So... adding an exhaust system will not void your car warranty. Of course it will invalidate the exhaust warranty, but DUH, the stock exhaust isn't there anymore.

Rob